Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2015, 23:48   #6046
BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Saw this movie called Wild.

Stars Reese Witherspoon as the lead and the only legible actor. Conveys a really good message. Has some beautiful cinematography. The constant flashbacks in between the movie are pretty annoying. Else, her acting covers it up for all.

Rating : 3/5
Old 26th March 2015, 22:35   #6047
BHPian

Saw this movie called The Last King of Scotland.

Now, the only standout part of this movie is Forest Whitaker. His dialogue delivery, acting and emotion probably deserved more than an Oscar. The movie is poorly directed at parts, yet invokes terrible memories reminiscent of the Ugandan dictator's rein. The story is true and based on a book.

Watch this movie only for Forest Whitaker. Completely carries the movie on his shoulders.

Rating : 3.5/5
Old 3rd April 2015, 19:31   #6048
Senior - BHPian

Watched Fast & Furious 7 just a while ago. Review in one sentence - if you're a F&F fan, don't waste your money going and watching this at the theatres; wait for it to come on TV. I actually walked out of the movie hall before the end credits!

Rating; 2.5/5

PS: I personally feel that this is the worst of the seven.
Old 3rd April 2015, 20:20   #6049
BHPian

Watched The Lone Survivor. Based on a true story. Story of how one american soldier survives against all odds. A must watch, if you are into war movies and if you are comfortable with violence/blood.

Rating - 4/5.

Last edited by Engine_Roars : 3rd April 2015 at 20:21.
Old 3rd April 2015, 23:22   #6050
BHPian

Watched Fast & Furious 7 yesterday. Action packed movie really !!
Sure, some of the sequences were inspired and/or borderline Singham-ish. But, the movie really put Furious into F&F franchise.

Must watch specially if you believed the franchise was starving for some hardcore action.
Old 4th April 2015, 04:52   #6051
Senior - BHPian

Fast and Furious 7:

Will provide a little producers of this movie. But this is not the best to date. My favorites rated will be:
FF1
FF in brazil
Tokyo Drift

This movie had way too much action, some of which was ridiculous to say the least. Vin diesel comes unscathed from each and every action sequence. Dubai was good but its amazing that there was nothing more to add in that country.

The tribute to walker was very good and was with a good heart. RIP my brother. You made way too many car nuts in this world.

I would prefer cars racing to cars being blown up. I would still rate it at 3 stars for overall feel and was a decent job. They will have a tough time coming with the next movie as i believe that the director does change.

3/5. Dont miss it. Leave your brains at home.
Old 4th April 2015, 10:29   #6052
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Am with IronH4WK on this one. Don't waste your time watching Furious 7 in the theatre (best watched on TV). My review is in the main thread on the movie.

Unbelievably stupid plot, a waste of our favourite characters.
Old 4th April 2015, 10:48   #6053
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Am with IronH4WK on this one. Don't waste your time watching Furious 7 Unbelievably stupid plot, a waste of our favourite characters.
My son (age 13 today) told me the same thing last night. He would rather I take him and his friends to an IPL game for his b'day.
Old 4th April 2015, 11:26   #6054
BHPian

Saw the Furious 7 on the opening day. I totally agree with Rush that the movie is a waste of time and money. 3D effects were good but the storyline is very weak. Just can't understand how IMDB has given it a 8.4/10 rating. Infact before the release of the film, they were showing 9 if I remember correctly. It's seriously becoming more of a Hollywood action movie than a car movie.
Old 4th April 2015, 12:46   #6055
BHPian

After a long time, I watched a movie on its opening day and that's FF7 . Being a fan of Paul Walker, I was waiting for his last appearance on big screen. And to talk about the movie, it is just another typical hollywood action flick and this time, cars have very less talking [ little importance, you know] .

And grudgingly I see the role of Paul clouded by Diesel, though the last 10 min tribute adds an emotion to the movie [ and was waiting for this] . It makes you feel the actors are indeed a family and not just the crew.

' It's never Good bye ' - the best one liner of the series , I say !
Old 4th April 2015, 14:28   #6056
Distinguished - BHPian

So disappointed with FF7, the weakest movie of the series. If not for paul walker tribute, it would have been a dud. The movie starts well, and holds on somehow till the first action sequence. Once that is done. you need some headache reliving tablets as the movies is just in tune to being pathetic and ridiculous. Not the way paul would have wanted his last movie.

The tribute is very well done though, almost had me in tears. Defines how volatile this life is, and how we take our dear ones presence for Granted.

1.5/5

Last edited by AtheK : 4th April 2015 at 14:30.
Old 4th April 2015, 14:40   #6057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Watched The Lone Survivor. Based on a true story. Story of how one american soldier survives against all odds. A must watch, if you are into war movies and if you are comfortable with violence/blood.

Rating - 4/5.
+1 to your views and rating. Mark Wahlberg was superb and the story line was great.
Violence is gory and war sequences are realistically shot!!
Old 4th April 2015, 14:49   #6058
Distinguished - BHPian

Tracers.

It's about yamakazi /parkour and stars Taylor Lautner.
But, don't sparkle away yet. This guy has actually spent his time since twilight well.
He has trained himself to expert levels in freerunning. The story is no good, the actors are are not good, since they're athletes. But the action is amazing!
3/5..

Three stars for Lautner
Old 4th April 2015, 15:11   #6059
Senior - BHPian

The Man from Nowhere
Quote:
A quiet pawnshop keeper with a violent past takes on a drug- and organ trafficking ring in hope of saving the child who is his only friend.
I don't know how this Korean film got in my list but after a failed attempt, I decided to complete this movie. It is rambo kind of movie with plenty of cliche, violence and loose ends.
Rating: 2.5/5.0

The Shining
Taking advice from fellow members, I decided to watch this horror movie at 11:30 in the night, with head phones and all alone. Boy, the music was scary, so were some sequences. Excellent stuff from Kubrick. At some points, I had to pause the movie to compose myself. But the experience was thrilling. Can't say if I would have the same experience if watched with company. Highly recommended if you are watching for first time. Second time may not be so effective.
Rating: 4.5/5.0

Last edited by msdivy : 4th April 2015 at 15:23.
Old 4th April 2015, 15:22   #6060
BHPian

I found FF6 to be average too, was surprised FF7 was released so soon. The best movie of the whole series was Tokyo Drift. Hope they make more movies like this one.

Predestination. (8/10) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2397535/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Amazing sci-fi plot, even after watching the movie I had to think about what had just been shown and repeat the same to myself in order to fully understand.

Vanishing Point (8/10) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067927/?ref_=nv_sr_2

A great car chase movie.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks