Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2015, 22:50   #6121
BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

I watched San Andreas the other day in theaters, movie is better than what I expected. Then again I had low expectations and thought it would be worse than 2012. It's alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
American Sniper - 6/10

Watched it in a BA flight recently. Well, err hmm. Hmm. Clint Eastwood? I was disappointed. For me, it was just another American movie. About war. From their POV. Bleh.
I thoroughly enjoyed that movie, to me it is gripping and intense.
Old 8th June 2015, 00:57   #6122
Senior - BHPian

just got back watching the George Clooney starring Tomorrowland.
Horrible movie. Sincere advice- don't waste your time and money on this.
Old 9th June 2015, 22:54   #6123
Senior - BHPian

Hello guys! Been here in Teambhp for so long and i am not sure how i missed this thread!

Been waiting for months and months for Jurassic World and now its finally almost here.I have been pretty much following every scrap off info on IMDB message boards and elsewhere and initial reactions seem to be lukewarm at best with a cliched storyline.Eitherways should be catching it on Sunday here.The movie is out in France and Belgium on 10th itself.

Cant wait!

Also a couple of other movies which i got around to watching recently,

Quote:
Ridley Scott's cult classic the Blade Runner 9/10
Coen Brother's Fargo and The Big Lebowski.

Fargo was a solid 8.5/10

But i felt,after hearing about the Big Lebowski for years,it was very underwhelming.6/10.
Old 10th June 2015, 05:38   #6124
Senior - BHPian

Watched Entourage the past week. For fans of the series it feels like a longer length episode. The story is decent and the acting by some characters are good! For you car lovers there is a beautiful cadillac convertible!

I would rate it 3/5
Old 11th June 2015, 19:43   #6125
Team-BHP Support

R.I.P. Saruman. :(

Quote:
He died at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in London on Sunday morning after three weeks of treatment, but his widow decided to withhold the news until today so family and friends could be informed.
Dailymail UK
Old 12th June 2015, 01:25   #6126
BHPian

Jurassic World !

It is everything you expect ! [and you might be disappointed if you look for a distinct divergent plot]

We create them .... We {try to}own them ..they break free ...Chaos theory ...run run run! !
The typical formula of our pretty Dino movies but Children would love it just like I did, back in those days , where I grew up watching these Jurassic Creatures come into action!

Last edited by poised2drive : 12th June 2015 at 01:41.
Old 13th June 2015, 12:22   #6127
BHPian

Jurassic World 3D

Went with low expectations and the movie exceeded that.
It's the same expected storyline but i really loved the graphics and flawless execution. Anyone who is interested in these creatures would love the movie.
Though the storyline is cliched, that's the only way the story can be told.

Watched it on the new screen at Ariesplex (SL Theatre complex), Trivandrum. Amazing screen and with the new Dolby Atmos sound technology, I was blown away. Amazing intro videos at this theatre demonstrating the Atmos. The first 10-15 mins intro before the movie itself makes you think "Paisa Vasool". :-D

Ticket price: 250/- for normal seats and 460/- for the back seats.
Old 15th June 2015, 23:45   #6128

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Jurassic World 3D

Went with low expectations and the movie exceeded that.
It's the same expected storyline but i really loved the graphics and flawless execution. Anyone who is interested in these creatures would love the movie.
Though the storyline is cliched, that's the only way the story can be told.
I completely agree with this. Thoroughly enjoyed the ride. Bryce Howard acts well in her role. Waiting for the next installment (There were indications of that in the movie).

Upcoming "To Watch" List:
1. Inside Out
2. Terminator Genisys
3. Minions
4. Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation
5. Pixels
Old 21st June 2015, 20:18   #6129
JD1
BHPian

Watched "SPY" today - Super good fultu timepass movie. You can call it as a satire on all the serious Spy movies (read "James Bond" movies). Though the movie belonged to Melissa McCarthy (and she is totally cool in the movie and her mouth was much sober compared to usual), the movie is a must-watch just for Jason Statham. Jason is my favourite action hero but in this movie he shows us his comic side - and what a great performance he gave - totally hillarious. Don't miss his awesome monologues if you decide to see the movie. He totally stole the movie.
Old 21st June 2015, 21:03   #6130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
Watched "SPY" today - Super good fultu timepass movie. You can call it as a satire on all the serious Spy movies (read "James Bond" movies). Though the movie belonged to Melissa McCarthy (and she is totally cool in the movie and her mouth was much sober compared to usual), the movie is a must-watch just for Jason Statham. Jason is my favourite action hero but in this movie he shows us his comic side - and what a great performance he gave - totally hillarious. Don't miss his awesome monologues if you decide to see the movie. He totally stole the movie.
Heard good things about it. Watching in 45 minutes Will update with my rating later.
Old 21st June 2015, 22:13   #6131
BHPian

Jurassic World: 6/10

Old old, really old wine, in a not so new bottle. Oh, and the thing with the velociraptors? What kind of paint thinner was the script writer sniffing! Will not say anymore. To us it seemed like a movie dreamed of by a kid, and made for kids! Just about a one time watch.

Spy: 8/10

Went into this movie not expecting anything at all. Of late, it's become common place for the trailer of a movie to look better than the movie itself. But this one was really as funny as the trailer. Melissa McCarthy is genuinely funny, and nearly every other character in this movie was a hoot! Definitely recommended for folks who just wanna have a laugh.
Old 22nd June 2015, 11:18   #6132
Senior - BHPian

Jurassic World 4 (May be 5) /10

I was kinda bored in the first half actually. I think Hollywood should stop defiling the 'Jurassic' brand now. Even after 10-12 years, this movie' story is no different. Nice park, people enjoying, some silly mistake, Dinos on the run and boom ! Invariably, everyone tends to compare any dino movie with the first masterpiece of a movie. It just proves how much world of difference it makes to have one of the greatest directors of all time.

Dont waste your money in theatres. Wait for the Grand TV Premier.
Old 22nd June 2015, 11:23   #6133
Senior - BHPian

If you can, watch this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Tales_%28film%29

Very funny. Although in Spanish, but one can relate and really enjoyable.
Cannes award= boring, but it was only nominated for Palme d'Or and so not boring at all. Also nominated for Oscar Best Foreign Language Film.
Old 22nd June 2015, 11:36   #6134
Distinguished - BHPian

Killing Jesus:
Well, its about THAT. Follows more or less the same lines as it stands, but interesting focus on the early part of his life.
No point in talking about the plot, but the production, though it looks expensive, at times is let down by the dialogues and delivery by sound a little high schoolish.

3.5/5

FF7:

Very late to the party, yeah?
Loved it!!
Loved that it was So long, SO confusing, and SOOOO harebrained!!
I think, owing to Paul walker, they decided to go all out with their money, and then decided to go all out with everybody else's money as well!! If you look closely, youll notice that the whole cast looks a little bankrupt by the end.
I've NEVER had any expectations from an FF movie, and this one scores excellently even on zero! Full fun, popcorn chomping, coke inhaling fun! Even at home.
Having said that, its fair to cause a bit of lumpen throat at the end, yeah?

5/5
Old 25th June 2015, 15:00   #6135
BHPian

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Saw Jurassic World on a weekday night show and first time ever I am seeing a theater in a not so popular area of the city house full.
Coming to the movie, I was disappointed with the story line, extremely poor acting and lack of any real fear/suspense moments. Seriously wonder the 1B story...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks