Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2009, 22:45   #616
Senior - BHPian

Angels and demons was good. The book still wins easily (duh!) but its a much better adaptation than the Da Vinci code. Its fast, the plot is easy to get and there's some cool stuff. 6.5/10
Old 19th June 2009, 04:50   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by int3 View Post
If you dont mind watching non-English movies with subtitles, look for Suspect X. It is a japanese movie with English subtitles and features a murder mystery and a struggle between a mathematician and a physicist. The mathematician is trying to cover up a murder and the physicist will try to find out who is responsible for the murder.
I recently watched a subtitled Spanish movie La Habitacion De Fermat (Fermat's Room). This is a suspense thriller in which well known mathematical puzzles and facts about famous mathematicians are intelligently linked up with the story.
Old 19th June 2009, 05:27   #618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hey guys, any reviews of the new X-men movie and Angels and Demons?
seen both

both are very good movie. xmen should be watched in theater. angels and demons, i watched at home, it was pre dvd version, so can't really tell about how good the sound was. but it was great too.

recommended to watch atleast one.

i am waiting for GiJoe- The rise of cobra as well as transformers 2.
Old 19th June 2009, 05:29   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^ wow that was quick. Worth watching in the hall or a DVD types?
worth watching in hall
Old 19th June 2009, 09:49   #620
Team-BHP Support

I did a search on this thread for reviews on 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall', and it returned no results. Has no one watched the movie, or was it not worth reporting?
Old 19th June 2009, 10:11   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I did a search on this thread for reviews on 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall', and it returned no results. Has no one watched the movie, or was it not worth reporting?
Seen it. Its a comedy in the genre of Seth Rogen, Paul Rudd & Jonah Hill movies like Knocked Up, 40-yr Old Virgin, Superbad, Pineapple Express & all. Also starring Mila Kunis (That 70's show's Jackie - Ashton Kutcher's girlfriend), this movie is about a guy Jason Segel who's been dumped by his girlfriend & to recover from it goes for a holdiay only to get a rude shock. Won't divulge much, its a good one time watch. BEWARE, there's a full frontal nudity scene Of Jason. No Spoilers, go watch it!

**EDIT**
Saw Before Sunrise & Before Sunset again back to back last night. Awesome watch. These are'nt chick flicks, its about relationships & i am sure that each & everyone of us will relate to the two characters at some point or some way or the other in life. The first part was made in 1995 & it was such a success that people called for the sequel & they had to make it in 2004. Its one of the rare occasions where the sequel turned out to be better than the first installment IMO. Starring Ethen Hawke & Julie Delpy its directed by Richard Linklater (Also directed School of Rock). Don't miss it!

Last edited by anilkalvani : 19th June 2009 at 10:24.
Old 19th June 2009, 11:07   #622

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I felt it is good in parts but not the whole movie . it is worth watching may be once.
Old 19th June 2009, 12:20   #623
Team-BHP Support

Marley & me

This movie deals with the relationship between man and his best friend - the dog. Starring Owen Wilson and Jenniffer Aniston, the movie takes us through their lives and their constant companion. Life traverses through its ups and downs, but with a companion ever so faithful, it gives one the ability to see it through.

It really tugs at your heart, and pulls those strings to which emotions are attached.

A must watch, not to be missed! Viewable with family.

Bennyboy Rating : *****

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-marley_and_me_wallpaper_6_800.jpg
Old 21st June 2009, 11:34   #624
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched " Boogeyman"

It's a movie about a story told by a dad to his son that boogeyman is there in the closet. That kid grows up with that fear and decides to come to terms and goes back to his old home and find out if Boogeyman was for real.

Its pretty gripping and goes on well but the ending was a little pathetic. I still would recommend watching this movie.

3.5/5
Old 21st June 2009, 12:02   #625
BHPian

this new movie looks like it is going to be good

check out the trailer @ 2012 - Official Movie Site

not sure when it will hit the theaters here in India
Old 21st June 2009, 13:00   #626
BHPian

Saw X-men origins (X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)) finally in theatres yesterday - i would rate it 4/5 - definitely worth having in your HD movie collection

Also saw Duel (Duel (1971) (TV)) - its about a truck who keeps bullying another car on the road. The movie is a definite watch for anyone who enjoys driving - it makes you think what you would do in such a situation - just like they show the actor in the movie thinking in the restaurant my rating 4/5 - I was hoping for a flammable material blast in the ending though!
Old 21st June 2009, 13:02   #627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^ wow that was quick. Worth watching in the hall or a DVD types?
One time theatre watch is what i would suggest!
Old 21st June 2009, 13:13   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Oh I just saw this incredible movie called The Prestige.
10/10. It was the best movie I've seen in a really really long time.
Yeah prestige is really really good.
Annapolis starring James Franco and Jordana brewster () is too good.
Old 21st June 2009, 21:41   #629
Senior - BHPian

Saw X-men Origins - Wolverine.

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-x4.jpg

The movie is on expected line with lots of effects & some great action. Although its a good movie it wasn't wow dont know why. Huge Jackman has perfected the Wolverine act & he is simply superb.

4/5

The next two weeks would be exciting with Terminator 4 & ICE Age 3 the week after that (the promo itself is too good)
Old 22nd June 2009, 01:10   #630
BHPian

Just saw irreversible Irréversible (2002)
the movie is so so disturbing, especially the beginning (i mean the ending )

4/5

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks