Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2016, 17:56   #6391
BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Sanskari Dead Pool - 9/10

This is a super hero movie from the eyes of a 10 year old kid.
Hmmm, but seriously not by below 18! Lot of 'F' words. At least, I was watching 'A' movie with 'F' words in "theatre" for the first time. I believed 'F' words, even if the movie is 'A' certified were banned!
Old 11th March 2016, 02:25   #6392

Just watched an amazing heart warming movie, The Intern. The effortless acting of the legend Robert De Niro and of course the ever ravishing Anne Hathaway makes that movie a pleasure to watch. I would say, go watch this heart warming story if you still haven't.

Cheers,
Aradhya.
Old 11th March 2016, 17:18   #6393
BANNED

Just saw "Notting Hill" for the umpteenth time. I very much doubt if one can top this as the ultimate urban fairy tale. Whether its heartbreak, camp humour, slap-stick, sit-com - it has it all! For the few who have not yet drunk from this stream - run and get it! You'll be hooked.
Old 12th March 2016, 18:06   #6394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not.The.BetiB View Post
Just watched an amazing heart warming movie, The Intern. The effortless acting of the legend Robert De Niro and of course the ever ravishing Anne Hathaway makes that movie a pleasure to watch.
The thing with Robert DeNiro is that he'll make any movie that much better to watch, be it in any role like action, drama, comedy etc. Versatility wise no one can beat him, in terms of same league of acting only 2 can match or even beat him and they are Sean Penn and Christian Bale. These three are the holy trinity of acting, rest come maybe a hundred ranks below. Watched the intern just because DeNiro is in it, you might like another movie of his called Everybody's Fine, do give a try.
Old 15th March 2016, 21:59   #6395
BHPian

Just watched " Point Break" sin limites.

Story of a FBI agent infiltrating a team of extreme sports athletes who commit mind boggling crimes.

Photography, location and stunts are fantastic.
Starring Edgar Ramirez and Luke Bracey.

Must watch action. Superb.
Old 16th March 2016, 05:02   #6396
BHPian

Was Dhoom inspired from the original point break?. This one is a different take though.
Old 16th March 2016, 14:23   #6397
Senior - BHPian

Remember (2015) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3704050/ Just fantastic especially the climax.
Old 18th March 2016, 19:43   #6398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Remember (2015) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3704050/ Just fantastic especially the climax.

Agree. Saw it couple of weeks ago. I wasn't sure people would have heard about this movie. Wasn't a wide release.
Old 19th March 2016, 08:41   #6399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Just saw "Notting Hill" for the umpteenth time. I very much doubt if one can top this as the ultimate urban fairy tale. Whether its heartbreak, camp humour, slap-stick, sit-com - it has it all! For the few who have not yet drunk from this stream - run and get it! You'll be hooked.
It was aired on Valentine's day. They say this about movies like Fight Club - second and third viewing can be very revealing, that you notice stuff you didn't pay attention to first time around.

I think it happened to me with Notting Hill. There's no background score in the film. It just never occurred to me before. It was awesome, unadulterated joy of watching a matinee, what it used to be...
Old 22nd March 2016, 23:18   #6400
BHPian

Zootopia - 9/10

Another brilliant animation from the house of Disney. Must watch if you're a fan of animated stuff.

Eye in The Sky - 8/10

Great stuff about drone strikes and the consequences of such actions. Can't really say much more than that as it will give away the story.
We went in expecting not much, and came out pretty satisfied.
Oh, and it was absolutely heart warming to see Alan Rickman on the screen again. He is terribly missed :(
Old 24th March 2016, 22:00   #6401
BHPian

Mad Max Fury Road: Damn! that's the first word comes to my mind.

Watched Mad Max,a bit late but still. The hero of the movie is not the story, but the excellent environment, Smash mouthed over the top music, background score, the desert, the special effects and non stop action.

I am still not sure, How/Why did i miss the movie to watch in theater. It takes some time to appreciate to what is going on the screen, if you come from a "clean slate". But man now i have watched this movie 3 times and it still amazes me about the real hero of the movie.

Fantastic casting! Music score top notch by Junkie XL; who has collaborated with Hans Zimmer for a number of projects and is a part of Magnificent Six.

This move screams "Witness Me" ( you will get it when you see it).
Old 26th March 2016, 07:38   #6402
Distinguished - BHPian

So, the outside of left field casting of Ben Affleck did not work like Bale or ledger or Hardy?
Any reviews, guys?
Old 26th March 2016, 13:36   #6403
Senior - BHPian

Inside Out: One of the best animated movies that I have watched. Simple story, but a completely different take on it. I have watched it more than once because it appeals to me as an adult and not just because the kids enjoy it.
Old 26th March 2016, 17:39   #6404
Senior - BHPian

Batman v Superman - Dawn of Justice Rating- 3.5/5

The movie starts from where Man Of Steel had ended. Batman thinks Superman is responsible for all the carnage. So he starts gathering witnesses against Superman and starts torturing those who he thinks are close to Superman. Superman thinks Batman is being unfair so he is pissed off with Batman. That's all is there regarding the Versus part.

What happens in 2nd half is where things change direction. It almost becomes a typical superhero and a bad*** villian movie, with some surprises.

The name is 'Dawn of justice' because this is the 1st installment of upcoming n number of movies related to the Justice League. So they have another 6-7 characters to add, so i can't imagine how many sequels will there be.

Overall OKK movie with some good action. It would have been better in 2D. Not much scope for 3D effects.

I personally did not like Ben Affleck much as Batman. Bale has taken this role to new heights and Ben can't match it. Superman is GOOD ! Loved him throughout.
Old 26th March 2016, 22:56   #6405
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Legend - 4/5

A long flight time gives me a chance to watch movies I hadn't even heard of. So I see this movie title among the options and hit the play button only knowing that Tom Hardy is starring. I have mostly seen Tom in most of the Nolan movies and of course in the awesome Mad Max - Fury Road.

What follows is the most spell binding, engaging and thrilling double role performance by Tom Hardy. The 2 roles cannot be more contrasting but Tom Hardy makes it look very easy. This is the most sublime, complete and versatile performance I have ever seen of an actor in one single movie.

This is a typical rise of a gangster movie and the eventual fall with it. So there is nothing new here from story point of view. Those who have seen
Goodfellas can easily co-relate. Loved the brit cockney accent and the humor throughout the movie.

To me, this movie is Tom Hardy's alone. Watch this movie for his awesome performance. Now am a fan for life.

Most Viewed