this new movie looks like it is going to be good

check out the trailer @ 2012 - Official Movie Site

not sure when it will hit the theaters here in India
OMG , it looks spectacular.!!
Cant wait for it to release.
Old 23rd June 2009, 10:16   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Just saw irreversible Irréversible (2002)
the movie is so so disturbing, especially the beginning (i mean the ending )
This the Monica Belluci starrer? Very odd movie. It is shot in reverse chronological order, and you really don't get to know much about any of the characters till late in the movie. The subway scene is just terrible, and really veeeeeeery long. Might be a little too much to digest for the highly sensitive types. I did not like the movie per se, but the way it shot (in reverse) is pretty neat. Check it out only for that, else avoid it.
Old 23rd June 2009, 10:27   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
This the Monica Belluci starrer? Very odd movie. It is shot in reverse chronological order, and you really don't get to know much about any of the characters till late in the movie. The subway scene is just terrible, and really veeeeeeery long. Might be a little too much to digest for the highly sensitive types. I did not like the movie per se, but the way it shot (in reverse) is pretty neat. Check it out only for that, else avoid it.
yep thats the movie - both the subway scene and the gaybar clobbering scene are very disturbing - infact as per wikipedia in the first few mins they have some background noise which makes u feel even more sick, i didnt feel it, guess my HT filtered that out ! With the scenes, being in reverse order, I found the movie quite unique and hence the rating of 4/5 - definitely not for the sensitive people
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:15   #634
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
Just saw irreversible Irréversible (2002)
the movie is so so disturbing, especially the beginning (i mean the ending )

4/5
It is a disturbing movie. Not necessarily in the way that the movie is presented in reverse, but in the stark brutality of the presentation of violence and rape. Made my stomach churn.
Still, yes, a good movie - but I would not see it again. Even though I find Monica Belucci beautiful.
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:40   #635
BHPian

+1 to that Sam. Monica Bellucci is indeed a looker. But I won't see this one again, either. Much prefer her in Matrix reloaded, or Malena (quite a gut-wrenching movie itself, specially the ending), or Asterix and Obelix: Cleopatra (). Even Shoot em up, though Clive Owen is the one who steals the show there.
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:45   #636
Senior - BHPian

Saw Tommyboy(1995) on the weekend. Nice clean comedy with a happy ending, makes a nice watch.
Attached Thumbnails
The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-tommyboy.jpg  

Old 23rd June 2009, 13:12   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
It is a disturbing movie. Not necessarily in the way that the movie is presented in reverse, but in the stark brutality of the presentation of violence and rape. Made my stomach churn.
Still, yes, a good movie - but I would not see it again. Even though I find Monica Belucci beautiful.
the presentation in reverse makes the movie unique, however the disturbing part is the way the brutality is shown. I really felt sad for monica's character and yes she does look beautiful.
This is one movie I won't be watching again, unless i have some rare guest at home who wants to see something shocking
Old 23rd June 2009, 14:21   #638
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched " Carlito's Way" Starring Al Pacino and Sean Penn.

A nice movie, based on a gangster's life who is trying to get out of that business. As always Al Pacino is very good but due to DVD quality being poor, couldnt enjoy the movie thoroughly.

3.5/5
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:28   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Watched " Boogeyman"

It's a movie about a story told by a dad to his son that boogeyman is there in the closet. That kid grows up with that fear and decides to come to terms and goes back to his old home and find out if Boogeyman was for real.

Its pretty gripping and goes on well but the ending was a little pathetic. I still would recommend watching this movie.

3.5/5
The climax did not make much sense to me either, some scenes and sound effects are good but the whole plot does not make much sense. I saw Boogeyman part 2 aswell but it is worse than the part 1.
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:03   #640
Distinguished - BHPian

Lined up the following movies for this week

Attack Force
City of God
Crank
Old 23rd June 2009, 20:36   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
the presentation in reverse makes the movie unique
Chris Nolan used this method of presentation in Memento way back in 2000. He only made the movie more puzzling by mixing half of the story in forward chronological order in alternate chunks so that the time lines met at the end of the movie.
Old 24th June 2009, 05:01   #642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Lined up the following movies for this week

Crank
warning: watch it with friends or alone. don't watch with family.

i know you may be aware of it. but just wanted you to be on safer side.

enjoy
Old 24th June 2009, 18:56   #643
BHPian

Watched 13 Tzameti (French with English subtitle) last night. It's about a young man unwittingly getting involved in a dangerous game of Russian roulette. The movie is shot in black and white and the mood is extremely dark throughout. Very expertly directed and the acting of the main protagonist is superb.

PS: The soon to be released Hindi movie Luck is supposedly based on this movie.
Old 25th June 2009, 11:32   #644
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
warning: watch it with friends or alone. don't watch with family.

i know you may be aware of it. but just wanted you to be on safer side.

enjoy
Thanks Chev, I thought Crank-2 was the naughty one. First part is also good..huh?

Watched " The Foreigner" Starring Steven Seagal.

Beautiful Easter European locales, no story, stupid acting,even more stupid and novice photography and direction turns a good movie to a total ridicule.

Coming from a hardcore Seagal fan, even i hated this movie

0.5/5, just for the locales

Last edited by mobike008 : 25th June 2009 at 11:38.
Old 28th June 2009, 06:09   #645
BANNED

Location: Gudaibiya; BAHRAIN/ Vandiperiyar; KERALA/ Wuhan; CHINA

Caught the New Transformers movie here in China. The movie is just awesome!! It has got more action and comedy than the first one. The locales and the music score just adds up the thrill.
The Audi R8 is featured as a 'cameo' role!! It also shows the new Chevy Spark ( i think so- have seen it around on the web, the green one with two doors)
I dont know when it is gonna hit the Indian screens, but i think it is worth the wait to watch it on the BIG screen than some cheap quality theatre rip CD.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks