Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2018, 12:04   #7006
Senior - BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Out here i guess it's a standard warning. I saw parents bring kids to watch Deadpool!!!

Please be advised that movie has ample amounts of deaths and violence and it is not your usual Marvel movie fare. It is rated PG 13.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I took my Kid who is 12. I think they would allow to watch if accompanied by Adult ? I saw much younger kids watching it too. I dont think you will have a problem
Thank you - now the hunt for ticket starts. Hopefully, I will be able to get them for coming weekend

Have never seen a movie in IMAX, so want to try this one in IMAX.

--Anoop
Old 30th April 2018, 13:38   #7007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Avengers: Infinity War- 3.5/5

Was left a bit underwhelmed at the end of the movie. A few reasons that I can think of:

1. Sky high expectations after the first couple of instalments of the Avengers, as well as Civil War. I expected this to me even more mind-blowing, but that was not the case.
2. Overloaded number of characters, resulting in very brief and unsatisfactory screen time to the main and most loved characters. I was personally hoping for more screen time to Black Panther, but then, it wasn't to be.
3. Too much screen time to Thanos. All in all, its a Thanos movie, rather than Avengers movie. Josh Brolin has done a good job, though (as expected).

Of course its still a fantastic watch. But for me, nothing beats the thrill that I experienced when the Avengers first teamed up in Avengers 1.

The end credits scene is also cool, heralding things to come in the MCU franchise. The juggernaut will roll on!!
Just saw it. And I agree. Movie is indeed underwhelming. They should have devoted more time on main characters than Thanos. Still, it was good and the wait for 2nd part will be painful.
Old 2nd May 2018, 16:09   #7008
BHPian

I watched the movie three times ( yes you read that right ) already. Given that the movie has to juggle more than 25 superheroes/villains/sidekicks, this is a wonderful job of managing screen-time for each, barring Black Panther and Black Widow among the biggies. No complaints on that front.

What did bother me though over repeated viewings, is that Marvel was just hyping it up when claiming there was going to be real stakes this time.

The movie is tremendously entertaining however no doubt, if you have been following the franchise.

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd May 2018 at 17:49. Reason: Edited spoilers. Sorry, spoilers spoil it for the purists.
Old 3rd May 2018, 22:20   #7009
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched infinity war in IMAX. After the useless treatment of villains in both DC and Marvel movies (Parallax, Doomsday, and worst of all Galactus) it's finally good to see the most hard core of them all, Thanos, get his proper due. What a depiction and what an actor Brolin is.
Don't go in expecting this to be an avengers movie. This is all about the purple boy.
A full 5/5

Last edited by aah78 : 4th May 2018 at 23:49. Reason: Post fixed.
Old 3rd May 2018, 23:29   #7010
Distinguished - BHPian

Avengers Infinity war - 3/5

My wife was eagerly waiting for this movie since long. I didn’t have very high expectations from it but the hype on social media (Marvel has done a PR job) increased my curiosity. However watching it was a different experience. We were bored throughout the first half and even some of the second half.

Too many characters
Poor plot
Even more irrelevant characters
None of the characters was serious. Almost everyone was trying to bring in humour into what should be a serious story
Hulk was missing throughout the movie. Another joke

Overall, it felt like watching a Spoof. Even my wife agreed it was a waste of time.

3/5 is only because of Thanos and some of those jokes.

Last edited by ashis89 : 3rd May 2018 at 23:31.
Old 3rd May 2018, 23:44   #7011
Senior - BHPian

Watched Avengers : Infinity War

Simply brilliant, amazing effects and what a depiction of Thanos. Josh Brolin did a great job. Absolutely loved the movie, will definitely own it when the DVD comes out. The Russo brothers did a Fab job and Kudos to the writers.

The ending was very good too, usually I am vary of watching movies which have sequels and the ending is big cliffhanger but not with this one, while there is enough to look forward to in the 2nd part, they have logically closed this movie avoiding any major cliffhanger.

And yes they kept their sense of humor intact even in this serious movie.

5/5
Old 4th May 2018, 18:58   #7012
BHPian

Totally agree with Techno: was totally disapointed with Ultron and went with with sceptisim.

Came out really satisfied after watching! Since most of them have posted how good it is, will keep it short.

If you want to see an Antagonist with a real agenda-character depth, go watch Avengers -Infinity War. Josh Brolin/Thanos really did a great job!

Rating 4.5/5
Old 4th May 2018, 23:32   #7013
Distinguished - BHPian

All those who went to Infinity War expecting a regular cartoonish Marvel movie and with a lot of flashy Iron Man scenes and style-maaro segments and some usual banter amongst the Avengers expected the wrong thing. This is coming from a person who thought that Avengers was perhaps the most nonsensical movie ever made.

Marvel has grown up and how, it all was leading up to Thanos, a godlike being, a being that on a power scale is tremendously high.. so high that even the movie Thanos doesn't reflect the true power. However Josh Brolin provided the perfect face for this being. LOVE what they've done with this character in this movie, he sure isn't a villain, nor an anti-hero.. perhaps a force of balance can describe his role most accurately.

Movies upon movies, with only a second or two teasing this character.. he arrived and HOW. Only wish he was made much more physically powerful than shown in the movie.. that is the only complaint. Other than that Marvel finally shows how dangerous a character can actually be, they show real consequences and real damage. His back-story is that of being someone with many thousands of years of combat experience plus using tech, cosmic manipulation and reality warping on a scale that even terrified seasoned gods like Odin and beyond. I'm actually disappointed that the movie didn't focus much on him at all.

The ending (before credits scene) and his expression was priceless. A great depiction and a sign than the writers and directors are taking the end quite seriously. I was rooting for the purple giant all the way, the rest are mere insects in his presence. *geekiness overload*
Old 5th May 2018, 12:17   #7014
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
All thos-------SNIP------*geekiness overload*
Exactly. That opening sequence with the Hulk should have told people all that was going to happen.
When does the "no spoiler" window close. I would love to speculate on avengers 4. The soul stone, the one possibility out of the million plus . or even captain marvel herself.
Old 5th May 2018, 18:42   #7015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Exactly. That opening sequence with the Hulk should have told people all that was going to happen.
When does the "no spoiler" window close. I would love to speculate on avengers 4. The soul stone, the one possibility out of the million plus . or even captain marvel herself.
Maybe we should have a thread to discuss about movies with spoilers!
Old 5th May 2018, 18:53   #7016
Distinguished - BHPian

Lol - so many having for/against views on Infinity wars! For the record, I loved it. I think they did a great job, especially giving the importance (and screen time) to Thanos was brilliant - it practically is a movie to introduce his character into the (movie) Marvel family.

Game Night - 4/5
Absolutely cheeky and brilliant movie - this is a low budget, excellent cast and gripping storyline based movie. The plot is simple - every week a bunch of couples meet up to have food, and play games. Suddenly one of them decides to up the ante and make it a realistic 'Escape Room' type situation; but then things go haywire - there are so many twists and turns; the story doesn't end till the credits roll (note - do watch the credits!)

Jesse Plemons is the best part of the movie - this guy plays a gem of a role (Jesse who - you ask? Good question )

Don't think this will hit any of the indian theaters; torrents or rental options are probably the way to go for it. Don't miss it
Old 7th May 2018, 05:27   #7017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Game Night - 4/5
Absolutely cheeky and brilliant movie
Thanks for sharing this one. Absolutely loved it! I was looking for a good Comedy Crime film for long and this one kept me engaged all through!

Last edited by Sherlocked : 7th May 2018 at 05:28.
Old 14th May 2018, 15:33   #7018
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Dropping a recommendation here for 'The Infiltrator'. 4/5 stars. True story of a US custom's agent who went undercover into the drug world.

Old 14th May 2018, 16:09   #7019
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Dropping a recommendation here for 'The Infiltrator'. 4/5 stars. True story of a US custom's agent who went undercover into the drug world.
The lead role played by Bryan has a penchant for such roles. He was a perfect one for the epic series Breaking Bad where he turned into a drug-lord from a Chemistry teacher, learnt the art of making stuff and then the roller coaster turn of events (fictitious though).

This one (Infiltrator) should be worth a watch am sure.

Last edited by paragsachania : 14th May 2018 at 16:12.
Old 14th May 2018, 17:15   #7020
Senior - BHPian

Watched Game Night. Good fun and a nice way to pass away time.

Also ended up watching Chris Evans and Alice Eve in "Before We Go". Strictly for the romantics. Did not realize he was directing it as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks