Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2009, 13:55   #721
Senior - BHPian

Recently Watched,
Sunshine: Sunshine is a absolute must watch. I found it better than similar Armageddon kind of movies.
MI-III: MI-III is much better then MI-II..
Alexander: Didn't like it at all. Avoidable.
Old 11th July 2009, 16:30   #722
F50
Senior - BHPian

Disappointing

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post

Verdict
- I would give this a 2.5/5
One of the most awaited movie of the year. I had to see it on first day!
Bought tickets in black.

But frankly, the whole movie was disappointment! It was too long, quite boring in between and had some Karan Johar touches as well. 30 mins in and I was already wishing for interval.

A friend went off to sleep after the interval.
T2 is certainly nowhere close to its first part, may be we were expecting too much from second?

2.5/5
Old 11th July 2009, 18:52   #723
Senior - BHPian

Transformers 2: Revenge Of The Fallen

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-transformers2.jpg

This is one of the rare times when the sequels do justice to the first movie. This is one awesome movie where after a long time I saw people cheering whenever Autobots seem winning.

Some part in 2nd half looks a bit stretched & could have been shortened but the end makes it all worth it.

Optimus Prime & Bumble Bee Rock. You would love this movie if you are are Transformers fan as this movie has 10 more action.

Rating 4/5
Old 11th July 2009, 18:55   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Watched THE GHOST AND THE DARKNESS last weekend. It is about the menace caused by 2 man eating lions in Africa. This is a true story. Awesome movie i would say.

My rating 4/5.
Thanks for the review. I will be watching this tomorrow.
Old 11th July 2009, 22:30   #725
BANNED

Seen Cellular (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rating : 4/5
Old 12th July 2009, 14:12   #726
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Thanks for the review. I will be watching this tomorrow.
Dont forget to up the volume on your home theatre when the lions growl. Really wicked sound. Awesome movie. Enjoy !!!
Old 12th July 2009, 19:04   #727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post

Attachment 157472

This is one of the rare times when the sequels do justice to the first movie. This is one awesome movie where after a long time I saw people cheering whenever Autobots seem winning.

Some part in 2nd half looks a bit stretched & could have been shortened but the end makes it all worth it.

Optimus Prime & Bumble Bee Rock. You would love this movie if you are are Transformers fan as this movie has 10 more action.

Rating 4/5
+1. Saw it yesterday.
We four friends loved it. much much better than few i had seen lately.
long but not boring by any means.
effects are stunning.
Do watch if you love action.
Rating -4.5/5
Old 13th July 2009, 13:11   #728
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw " Into the Sun" starring Steven Seagal.

It's a movie of gang wars between Japanese Mafia ( Yakuzi and Montz) and our hero wants to find out who killed the Japanese governor.

In typical japanese style, there are a lot of sword fights and decently engrossing storyline. It's worth a watch for action buffs.

3/5
Old 13th July 2009, 13:44   #729
Senior - BHPian

Ice Age 3
The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-ia3.jpg

The movie continue on similar pattern & this 3rd part the Herd is exposed to a world where the Dinosaurs still exist. They meet a new guy with patched eye & a British accent.

This part again has some good moments & the new guy is funny. Some of the humor is similar to what scene earlier so it doesnt crack you as much but yes the animation expression & dialogues are amazing.

Rating - 3.5/5
Old 14th July 2009, 11:10   #730
naughty001

in Transformers - revenge of the fallen, the effects are indeed fantastic but some of the comedy bits they could have done without. i watched it at our local IMAX theatre so it maximized the soundtrack to great effect

I so want this as well as Ice age 3 on blu-ray since i would like to experience them both in my home theatre

Old 14th July 2009, 16:48   #731
Distinguished - BHPian

Caught up with " Highwaymen" Starring Jim Cavaelize.

It's a movie about a physco killing random women using his old El Dorado Cadillac and is hunted down by Jim since his wife too was killed by him.

Wooden acting by almost everyone and except for a couple of tense moments, there is nothing great about the movie.

1.5/5
Old 14th July 2009, 17:06   #732
BHPian

Watched "The Skeleton Key" yesterday, The movie is about a couple performing kind of black magic and entering the other persons soul. Though the person is dead physically the soul will be in another persons body and stuff like that. Rating 3.5/5
Old 14th July 2009, 17:17   #733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post

Attachment 157472

Rating 4/5

+r1 to that review and this is one movie in which i saw the entire theater clapping in support for the Rise of optimus Prime, i very rarely get to see this unless its a Tamil movie with superheros
Old 14th July 2009, 17:53   #734
BHPian

The last few that I have watched and really liked are:
Frost Nixon (Real life story about how a small time Australian journalist David Frost coaxed former president Richard Nixon into admitting to the Watergate Scandal)
Sidenote: If you like this you should also watch "Shattered Glass"

Fracture : Murder trial. Good watch.
An attorney intent on climbing the career ladder toward success, finds an unlikely opponent in a manipulative criminal he's trying to prosecute (source imdb.com)

Transformers 2 : Need I talk about this?
Old 14th July 2009, 22:47   #735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Die Hard

Yup, you certainly read the name right! I know this movie came out ages ago... when Bruce Willis looked young, the actress playing his wife sported those old wacky hairstyles.. but it was only yesterday that i got to watch the movie.

Story deals with a bunch of slick European terrorists who hijack an office building to lay their hands on the wealth belonging to the company. Bruce Willis stars as a cop who gets pulled into the melee unknowingly, and tries to outwit the baddies.

Movie according to me deserves a 4 star for the main villian as well as the way the sarcasm is shown in how the media as well as the FBI deal with the situation at hand. Lots of action, with a very fit Bruce Willis to spice up the proceedings.

Bennyboy Rating : ****

Attachment 156901
This was the first movie that I got in a CD. It was fall of '96, I got a pentium MMX. the following week got a Multimedia kit. containing a 2x cdrom, a MPEG card. and a set of unamplified speakers. and this particular movie in a single CD was a free gift in the package along with some games

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks