Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2019, 16:36   #7336
Senior - BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatananda.k View Post
Is anyone waiting for the Godzilla movie. To be released on May 31 ?
Oh i am. Though i pray it would be more of the monsters and less of the humans

And the theme song featuring Serj Tankian and Dethklok members covering Blue Oyster Cult's song is just oh so good!

Edit: Forgot to mention, John Wick 3 this weekend \m/

Last edited by deathwalkr : 17th May 2019 at 16:40.
Old 17th May 2019, 17:34   #7337
Senior - BHPian

Oh, I watched John Wick - 3 today. So 'edge of the seat', and bloody It's a combat-heavy movie of the highest order with the most enjoyable over-the-top entry so far in the series. You get few moments in between, to get back your breath in the long waits between its few dazzling fights. 4 0ut of 5 stars. Catch the Parabellum
Attached Images

Last edited by GTO : 20th May 2019 at 14:04. Reason: Please don't type your entire post in ITALICS - thank you
Old 17th May 2019, 17:46   #7338
Distinguished - BHPian

John Wick 3 : 3 / 5

John Wick (1) was brilliant - In a world finding out the movie power of superheroes (thanks to Marvel and DC), it ushered a dark humane mode of the angry hero in a fresh manner. And then John Wick 2 expanded more on this universe and yet kept it fresh. The team behind Joh Wick 3 probably thought more is always better and that's what you get in this movie. More action scenes, more gruesome deaths, and more of everything in the Wick universe. But by the time you pass the 90 min mark, you feel you have seen enough of the fight scenes. Keanu goes from one location to another location to just fight and kill galore. And everyone goes on a killing spree - Halle Berry kills, her dogs kill with ease, even the Continental hotel concierge goes on a killing spree. You get the drift.

Well, it's definitely worth a watch, especially with the (weird) ending. But I'd suggest keeping your expectations in the correct mode would be better.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 17th May 2019 at 17:48.
Old 18th May 2019, 23:29   #7339
Senior - BHPian

Watched Endgame. Wasted 3 odd hours of my life. Typical storyline with cliched cop out plotline. Only worth for true fans, else skip it. At least on TV you can fast forward it.

Saw two extremes in theatre, one like me who were bored to their wits and couldn't care less, and other end where some were shrieking and crying, literally.

That 'ek chutki ki kimmat tum kya jaano Ramesh Babu' should have been the tagline of this film.

Last edited by ani_meher : 18th May 2019 at 23:37.
Old 19th May 2019, 09:12   #7340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post

That 'ek chutki ki kimmat tum kya jaano Ramesh Babu' should have been the tagline of this film.

Guess you missed the key word in this bollywood line
Completely agree with your comment on Endgame, unless you are a hardcore Marvel fan, the movie has nothing new to offer.

Anyways, one can watch the movie for good Imax effects, background score & Thanos.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th May 2019 at 13:06. Reason: Please be a little sensitive while posting here. Removed the spoiler.
Old 19th May 2019, 10:54   #7341
Senior - BHPian

^^ Sindoor was irrelevant here
Old 19th May 2019, 22:43   #7342
Senior - BHPian

John Wick 3:

2Hrs of just straight up action. Loved it.

4/5
Old 19th May 2019, 22:48   #7343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
John Wick 3:

2Hrs of just straight up action. Loved it.

4/5
Worst part is not a single Multiplex in faridabad is showing the movie. So, will be seeing it tomorrow at IMAX Citywalk in saket. Hoping for a good experience as JW 1 and 2 were great.
Old 20th May 2019, 09:45   #7344
Senior - BHPian

Detective Pikachu Rating: 3.5/5

Decent one time watch movie and a must watch for kids, who are big fans of the whole Pokemon phenomenon. My daughter thoroughly enjoyed the movie as she knew each and every creature appearing on the screen and their magical powers. However, as per her, the human characters in the movie, have nothing to do with the animated series that comes on TV.

USP of the film is Ryan Reynolds. I just love the way he delivers the dialogues and you almost feel a close relation to the Deadpool role of his, only a very censored and *sanskari* version of it. Ryan's script is well written and outright funny in most parts. Just to attract a large audience, especially his Deadpool fans, he even released a made-up poster of Pikachu in Deadpool costume. The taxi driver from Deadpool, Dhupinder, also makes a guest appearance in Pikachu. So there must be some link for sure.

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-pikachu.jpg

Overall, it seems this is the 1st in the series of movies from the Pokemon world. There are thousands of characters in the Pokemon universe, so there is no end to the storyline and imagination, for producers and directors. Also, a lot of material is already available, so it might become another minting machine for Hollywood film makers.
Old 26th May 2019, 07:38   #7345
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Saw "Puzzle" on & Prive (superb channel for English movies). Will give it 3.5 / 5 stars. Worth a watch at home.

The flick is about a homemaker who comes to realise that she is really good at jigsaw puzzles. A very slow drama & Kelly Macdonald is adorable. The final ~20 minutes is a bit of a drag though.

Old 7th June 2019, 12:58   #7346
Distinguished - BHPian

Mile 22
An out and out action flick, with a sprinkling of a story whose only purpose is to get to the next location of the fist or firearm fight.
Stars Mark Wahlberg, John Malkovich and Iko Uwais(Raid).
This is a good masala watch with dimmed lights and a bag of crisps.

3/5

Last edited by GTO : 9th June 2019 at 09:16. Reason: No discussion of alcohol, not even indirectly please
Old 7th June 2019, 14:13   #7347
Senior - BHPian

I had watched John Wick 1 long back. I had skipped John Wick 2. I walked into John Wick 3. I was totally lost. Later I found Part 3 starts just 30 minutes after part 2 has ended. I would suggest to watch part 2 (even as a refresher) and then part 3.

John Wick 3: 2/5
2 for action & fight sequences. I would have given 4 if the writer had figured out better reasons to start the fights.
Old 7th June 2019, 18:57   #7348
Senior - BHPian

Watched escape room on Amazon prime.

Very griping movie, would recommend others to watch

Pramod
Old 7th June 2019, 20:34   #7349
Senior - BHPian

The Man From Nowhere:

Some good action scenes. Movie had a John Wick vibe to it.

All in all, a decent action flick.
Old 9th June 2019, 15:21   #7350
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A star is born = 4.5 / 5 stars. Would have given it a full 5 stars, but it gets really slow at times. Great story about an alcoholic country singer & an everyday but talented girl who fall in love, on their music and the dark side to addiction. Very emotional tale.

It's on Play / YouTube / iTunes for 150 bucks. Apple has it with subtitles if you prefer it that way (I do).

Lovely weekend watch , especially if you love music.

Last edited by GTO : 9th June 2019 at 15:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks