Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2019, 14:46   #7471
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Don't know how I missed putting up a review of this awesome movie before as I just saw it for the 2nd time.

Big Eyes = 4 / 5 stars.

A true story of a couple, where the wife is a super talented artist making paintings of kids with strange big eyes, and her husband takes credit for all of them. Very different kind of movie & a high quality drama - loved it.

It's there on Netflix & Google Play:
Old 24th November 2019, 18:18   #7472
BHPian

After a long time , saw a movie on the big scree. Ford vs Ferrari , with my son and brother, good production values and IMO typical American movie where the underdogs challenge the champs. I would rate it at 3/5 as I could not connect it to the emotionally , as most race based films are more about the passion than just the machine.
Old 24th November 2019, 19:07   #7473
BHPian

Watched "The Terminal" last night.
Really got to give it to Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg for pulling off a masterpiece. This is one of those movies that stays close to my heart.
Definitely a underrated movie.
Rated - 5/5

Old 24th November 2019, 21:55   #7474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
FROZEN II

A wonderfully made sequel which comes with a story as intense as the first one.

I'd rate it 4.5/5
Ditto ! The animation is seriously stunning. The epic end is just jaw dropping and you cannot control that "wow" coming out from within. IMAX takes it to a whole new level of experience of picture quality, sound quality and 3D experience.

The theatre wore a look of a kindergarten school. But the best thing was when the national anthem was being played, all kids were singing so passionately and in sync, as if they are in their schools. It was some experience, because I don't see many adults singing the national anthem along in theaters. Anyways, it's a personal choice but I loved the way the kids filled the theater with their sincere singing.
Old 25th November 2019, 15:42   #7475
BHPian

Saw Frozen II (3D) yesterday with family. I will echo the reviews and say that it is a very enjoyable experience. Daughter liked it very much.

Although at times I thought that there was more dialogue than action, I suppose the story necessitated it.

Disney does not disappoint in terms of quality entertainment.
Old 25th November 2019, 15:47   #7476
BHPian

Watched Ford V/s Ferrari.

5/5 for me.

What direction and acting. Special mention to how race sequences have been shot. Gem of a movie and when you know it is based on a true story, you feel overwhelmed for how there are people who are ready to sacrifice their everything for their passion. A must watch.
Old 25th November 2019, 18:12   #7477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octy17 View Post
Watched "The Terminal" last night.
Really got to give it to Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg for pulling off a masterpiece. This is one of those movies that stays close to my heart.
Definitely a underrated movie.
Rated - 5/5

[
Amazing movie indeed But why would you call it underrated? It's got 7.3/10 on imdb and 93% thumbs up on google

Watched FvF on Saturday. Good movie and well acted. How he lost the title even though he won was gut wrenching. Wonder how he really felt at the time when it happened.

On that topic, a good article to read:
https://www.topgear.com/car-news/pio...-gt40-roy-lunn
Old 25th November 2019, 18:13   #7478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
But the best thing was when the national anthem was being played, all kids were singing so passionately and in sync, as if they are in their schools. It was some experience, because I don't see many adults singing the national anthem along in theaters. Anyways, it's a personal choice but I loved the way the kids filled the theater with their sincere singing.
Wow! so good to read this. Should've been an even better feeling to have experienced it live
Old 26th November 2019, 04:49   #7479
BHPian

Guys go watch Ford vs Ferrari, with over 8 rating on IMDB, this is a movie that needs to be seen in theaters. What a story line, the gripping track cinematography and oh my, the sound of GT40 burning the rubber is something that needs to be felt. This is one movie where my breathing was synchronized with the drive. I dont want to spoil the fun for you, so no spoilers or reviews from me. 5/5
Old 26th November 2019, 11:25   #7480
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, don't miss Ford vs Ferrari. Rated it 5/5 stars. BHPian reviews are on the movie's dedicated thread.

Watch before it leaves cinemas!
Old 27th November 2019, 22:25   #7481
BHPian

The Irishman
Netflix.

Available from this afternoon.
Saw 40 minutes so far. So far so good.
Will complete tomorrow and post a review.

Wikipage

Last edited by Ithaca : 27th November 2019 at 22:27.
Old 27th November 2019, 22:45   #7482
Distinguished - BHPian

The Irishman - Its been a long wait to watch this star studded gangsta flick and at the end of it all, I am disappointed. Al Pacino steals the show with what he does best, living the character and breathing some fire. This to me looks like the Life and Times of Jimmy Hoffa, with some gangsters thrown around. Its a pity that DeNiro and Joe Pesci get to sign off (assuming its their last gangster flick) in such a mishmash of a movie that doesn't really do justice to their talent.

Rate it 3/5
Old 28th November 2019, 09:56   #7483
Senior - BHPian

Ready or Not:

Surprisingly good movie. Bloody and fun? That's a weird combination. But i guess it does not take itself too seriously.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7798634/

4/5
Old 29th November 2019, 10:55   #7484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsynch View Post
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=xAkCqox_MhE

Ford V Ferrari

Looks like an exciting movie for petrolheads with the underdog as a theme, more about it here:

American automotive designer Carroll Shelby and fearless British race car driver Ken Miles battle corporate interference, the laws of physics and their own personal demons to build a revolutionary vehicle for the Ford Motor Co. Together, they plan to compete against the race cars of Enzo Ferrari at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in France in 1966
As I was anticipating, what an awesome movie it has turned out to be. Watched it yesterday alone since wifey wasn't in town and enjoyed every bit of it. Climax was worthy of every grain of its salt! Must go!!
Old 1st December 2019, 09:46   #7485
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Saw half of the Irishman and got so bored that I couldn't take it anymore. What an overrated movie. Was expecting something great after having Pacino and De Niro, but it was disappointing.

Best avoided.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks