Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2009, 00:45   #826
BHPian

Saw 'once upon a time in america' Once Upon a Time in America (1984) and quite liked it - its a tad long though
4/5

Now watching dider Didier (1997) on ndtv lumiere - its a funny french movie about a dog who becomes a man but retains his dog min liking it so far
Old 31st July 2009, 09:37   #827
BHPian

Quote:
I just finished watching and the print was excellent so liked the movie very much. Hollywood guys know how to mix and match comedy, emotion and drama
And those penguins.....man they are hilarious
Old 31st July 2009, 12:46   #828
BHPian

Hi there,

i read some of you guys discussing Monica Belucci. I just watched "Irreversible" for the 4th time. It's a movie by controversial french director Gaspar Noe and one of my favorites. It stars Monica Belluci and Vincent Cassell. The movie starts with the end credits and the story is narrated in reverse.

It's a very good film for cinephiles however I must warn you not to watch this movie with your kids, parents or anyone with a weak stomach. The movie is a tale of violent crime and sleaze in paris. easily one of the most disturbing movies that I have seen ...........and trust me I've seen some pretty extreme stuff!!! For those who like their cinema pure, unadulterated and uncensored..........check out Irreversible!!!
Old 31st July 2009, 13:57   #829
BHPian

Were we not discussing this a few pages back? Think we were.

Here you go...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post1358401

Last edited by anurag_p80 : 31st July 2009 at 13:59.
Old 31st July 2009, 14:39   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Were we not discussing this a few pages back? Think we were.

Here you go...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post1358401
Oh well, of course you were.

Has anyone seen Ruugerro Deodato's "Cannibal Holocaust"?

If Irreversible was disturbing, this will haunt your thoughts for a long time after you have seen the movie. (if you manage to sit through the whole thing)

Cannibal Holocaust is easily one of my all time favortie films. This film was made in the '70's and shot on location in amazonian jungles. It's about an American documentary crew that goes missing while shooting a documentary called the Green Inferno.

Professor Harold Monroe takes an expedition into the jungle to find the missing crew. After a treachourous journey through snake infested jungle and leech infested streams they come to a tribal settlement where the inhabitants haven't changed much since the stone age and frequently indulge in cannibalising their rivals.

Monroe realises that the crew is dead but manages to negotiate with the tribe for the crew's film reels and brings them back to new york. The rest of the movie flows like a doocumentary shot by the film crew , reveals their journey and what happened to them.

This movie has savage brutality, gore and full frontal nudity. However the most disturbing aspects according to me were the scenes where animals are chopped, ripped, cut and shot in front of the camera. This includes a musk rat, squirrel monkey, turtle (the most disturbing slaughter) and a pig. The film makers claim that the the animals were consumed, however this should have been avoided.

Apart from the animal cruelty, this film is brilliant and the viewer is rewarded with a deep powerful message if he/she can sit through the entire duration. The special efects are ultra realistic to the point that Deodato (the director) was summoned to court to prove that all the actors were alive. The score is as brilliant as the movie and is composed by Riz Ortolani who has also contributed to spaghetti westerns and gialloos of the 70's and 80's.

Due to it's graphic violence, gore and scenes of animal cruelty Cannibal Holocaust had been banned in many countries and has only recently been revived and re-distributed on dvd.

Notorious as it is, this movie has inspired many film makers from Eli Roth, Quentin Tarantino to Ramgopal Verma (though Ramu dodged this question, if you see "Jungle" you can see the influence). Blair Witch project is one film where the influence coudn't have been more evident ( though I think tha BWP sucked big time). As a nod to Cannibal Holocaust, Eli Roth invited Ruggero Deodato do a cameo in Hostel II. You can see him as the club member who strips the flesh off his victim's leg and then eats it.

If you like to be shocked and awed by a brutally violent yet meaningful film, have a date with Cannibal Holocaust!!!

Last edited by Wolfheart : 31st July 2009 at 14:55.
Old 31st July 2009, 14:55   #831
BHPian

Watched the movie = The Watchman

It was a really lenghty movie and very disappointing :(
Old 31st July 2009, 16:31   #832
Distinguished - BHPian

How's the movie " Running Scared" starring Paul Walker of F&F fame?
Old 31st July 2009, 17:06   #833
BHPian

Happened to see "Under Suspicion" starring Gene Hackman, Morgan Freeman and Monica Bellucci. A very gripping movie indeed.
Old 31st July 2009, 17:26   #834
BHPian

I have no idea about the Saw movies. My cousin gave me the avi files of parts I to IV recently. Which one should I try first?
Old 31st July 2009, 17:30   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
I have no idea about the Saw movies. My cousin gave me the avi files of parts I to IV recently. Which one should I try first?
Watch them in the same sequence ie I, II, III ......since the plots are all interconnected and the story progresses from part I to V.
Old 31st July 2009, 17:49   #836
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Happened to see "Under Suspicion" starring Gene Hackman, Morgan Freeman and Monica Bellucci. A very gripping movie indeed.
Suren, saw a few glimpses of the movie which i think was being shown on HBO last evening. It indeed looked tensed
Old 31st July 2009, 17:53   #837
BHPian

Dude, watch it on DVD....wink wink. "Under Suspicion" is an ok sorts, I guess. It does have Monica B.

Never heard of "running scared", so will wait for your review.

@tortoisenhare: (How come you are both? Fixed race?) Start with the original. All the Saw movies are good, if you have a taste for that sort of thing.

Last edited by anurag_p80 : 31st July 2009 at 17:57.
Old 31st July 2009, 18:04   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Warch Saw - Part1 & 2 first and then watch Saw Part 4. Saw part1 is just amazing. You will feel pity for the victims and feel like going into the scren and helping them. "HELPLESSNESS" shown at its best.
Old 31st July 2009, 18:04   #839
Senior - BHPian

Here's something I'm eagerly waiting for.
Old 31st July 2009, 18:29   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Dude, watch it on DVD....wink wink. "Under Suspicion" is an ok sorts, I guess. It does have Monica B.
lol, was thinking there was something "missing" in the movie.

I had recorded the "13 Tzamenti" and saw it yesterday. The movie is gripping and keeps you guessing throughout. The end could have been better though.

Any good horror movies worth watching? I am not a big fan of the Saw and Hostel types, more gore and repulsion than horror.

Last edited by sammyboy : 31st July 2009 at 18:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks