Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2023, 13:19   #8986
BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Watched 3 movies over this weekend (all on Netflix):

1. Seven Kings must die: I'd say 3.5/5. Being the ardent fan of the Last Kingdom series, I think they rushed in too much and could have done better in terms of streamlining the storyline. Nevertheless, it is now the end.

2. A man called Otto: Brilliantly told story, with never a dull moment. 4.5/5 for me. Was totally engrossed. Big thing for me as I am not the one to watch such movies which are heavy on emotions and human complications.

3. Time Trap: Begun with zero expectations, and wasn't wrong for the first 15 minutes. But then it takes you to a place where you would want to continue watching it. Very abrupt ending that disappoints a lot. overall 3/5
Old 17th April 2023, 13:28   #8987
Distinguished - BHPian

Beast- 2023 Movie

I caught this movie on a recent flight. Starring the amazing Idris Elba.

Story is about father (Elba) and two teenage daughters travelling to South Africa to get some "me" time and they are trapped in jungle with a rouge lion hunting them down.

Grippling, Thrilling and highly entertaining. Also, the CGI is pretty good unlike the pathetic ones that Bollywood movies churn out.

4/5
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 13:33   #8988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
A man called Otto - 4/5
Its actually a remake of a Swedish movie Man called Ove. Which itself made from the novel on the same name.

The Ove role is tailormade for Tom Hanks. He is starring Wes Anderson's upcoming Asteroid City. The trailer itself is good fun.
---
Cocaine Bear is good timepass. Ray Liotta looks unidentifiable in this movie. Poor guy passed away once the movie completed and before the release.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 11:14   #8989
Senior - BHPian

Ghosted: 4/5

If you have watched and enjoyed the movie Knight and Day with Diaz and Cruise then you will enjoy watching this movie ( but in a reverse roll). After about 20 minutes the movie does get livelier having moments full of laughter, action and entertainment.

A Rom Com Action Thriller

RM Motorsports is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 00:55   #8990
BHPian

Evil Dead Rise: 7.5/10

A good horror movie with some decent scary scenes and a lot of gore. Everyone in the theatre seemed to enjoy the movie and it also has a few scenes for the old Evil Dead fans.
Ranabegins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 10:24   #8991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Ghosted: 4/5

If you have watched and enjoyed the movie Knight and Day with Diaz and Cruise then you will enjoy watching this movie ( but in a reverse roll).
Watched it yesterday. Chris Evans pulls of a nice Cameron Diaz but Ana De Armas was no Tom Cruise

2.5/5 for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
The Summit of the Gods -9/10 - Must watch.
Thanks for the tip. Have added it to my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranabegins View Post
Evil Dead Rise: 7.5/10

A good horror movie with some decent scary scenes and a lot of gore. Everyone in the theatre seemed to enjoy the movie and it also has a few scenes for the old Evil Dead fans.
That is good to know. Always been a fan of the franchise.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 11:09   #8992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Watched it yesterday. Chris Evans pulls of a nice Cameron Diaz but Ana De Armas was no Tom Cruise

2.5/5 for me...
To be fair no one else is as good as Tom Cruise. Even Hrithik Roshan in Bang Bang! (the official remake of Knight & Day) was no match for Tom Cruise.

Hrithik sure was way ahead in his dance game
ValarMorghulis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 13:49   #8993
Distinguished - BHPian

This suddenly popped up in my YouTube feed and now I'm eagerly waiting for it. I've watched both the parts quite a few number of times. Releases on 1st September 2023.

BoneCollector is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 23:16   #8994
Senior - BHPian

Sisu

I was looking forward to this movie for a month and half ever since colleague of mine sent the trailer.

There was hardly any reception. We booked our tickets on Thursday night for Sunday afternoon show. Booked 2 more tickets on Friday and Saturday afternoon on the same row.

The audio is in English, even though it is a Finnish movie by Finnish actors and director.

It is purely an action movie, larger than life and graphic violence. You'll either love it or hate it.

We blokes loved it.

PS: Movie is rated A
narayans80 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 07:52   #8995
Distinguished - BHPian

Evil Dead Rise

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-screenshot-20230502-7.51.34-am.png

This was my first movie in the theatre after Covid and really missed watching horror movies in the theatre.

Coming back to the movie - Typical evil dead movie be the storyline, visuals, ending etc. As usual, you have a lot of blood and slasher scenes. Not your typical "Conjuring" type of movie. Also felt there were very few/nil jump scares and the ones were kind of expected. But loved the opening of the movie especially the title card (watch that on YouTube).

Overall, a decent one from the Evil Dead franchise, but not as good as the Conjuring series.

Rating - 3.5/5
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 13:58   #8996
Distinguished - BHPian

And we will witness another race track movie, Gran Turismo, to be released in August.

It is based on the video game series by same name and inspired by true story of Jann Mardenborough.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 19:04   #8997
BHPian

How good is the Mario move ? Is it suitable for small kids ( 5 and 9), both Mario fans ?
Old 4th May 2023, 21:25   #8998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
How good is the Mario move ? Is it suitable for small kids ( 5 and 9), both Mario fans ?
I watched it with my 6 year old daughter. I guess it's okay not much different from the Mario game itself.
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 18:01   #8999
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, Fast X coming up in 3rd week of May! Let's hope Dom and gang don't disappoint this time around.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 21:17   #9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Its actually a remake of a Swedish movie Man called Ove. Which itself made from the novel on the same name.

The Ove role is tailormade for Tom Hanks. He is starring Wes Anderson's upcoming Asteroid City. The trailer itself is good fun.
---
Cocaine Bear is good timepass. Ray Liotta looks unidentifiable in this movie. Poor guy passed away once the movie completed and before the release.
Agree with the fact that Tom Hanks was tailormade for the role. He is very comfortable in the character and is very similar to Ove in the books.
jerrindanny is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks