Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2023, 14:02   #9061
BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Don't go with non car guys or family cause you wont have anyone to laugh at the scenes with.
More like "I need family, lots of car families." to watch FastX
AltoLXI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 14:36   #9062

Dungeons & Dragons: Honour Among Thieves

This is one felt like the original Guardians of the Galaxy in many ways. Adventure, team work , comedy and even the climax. Overall a happy movie.
thunderlads is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 16:59   #9063
Senior - BHPian

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

Oh man, the way Marvel franchisee has gone down post Endgame is incredible. Absolutely all over the place this one. It seems they are just making these movies because someone has put a gun on their head to do so. Absolutely disgusting.

Rating: 1/5

Crater

Didn't even know such a movie had released till it showed up in hotstar. Being a sucker for space related movies & this being a Disney production, gave it a shot. Nothing really stands out, pretty ordinary movie. Watch it if you have nothing else to do & getting bored.

Rating : 2.5/5

Last edited by SoumenD : 22nd May 2023 at 17:00.
Old 23rd May 2023, 21:41   #9064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Oh man. You shouldnt have posted the review so early Rush.
This is not good, my son had demanded to watch the movie in a theatre while I had argued to wait till a couple of weeks atleast. There goes my 2K for the tickets. I am scheduled to watch it on Sunday.
Take it for what it is, it's a pure masala entertainer. I found it better than the last 2 movies actually. It's still all about FAMILY

Jokes apart, since there's a lot of Father/Son sentiment in this movie, might not be such a bad thing to take your son out for this.
I say this as a father myself, just enjoy the time you spend with him and the fact that he enjoys it too.

Just like cars and bikes, don't take everyone's review as being true. Go ahead, strap in, leave your brain at home and enjoy the ride ! You watch and be the judge of it. Peace!
Old 23rd May 2023, 22:05   #9065
Distinguished - BHPian

The Covenant: 4 / 5

Loosely following the plot of a U.S. Army special operations sergeant and Afghanistan War veteran, John Kinley, and Ahmed, his interpreter, while fighting the Taliban back in 2018; this is a good solid 2 hour movie that is extremely well-paced and does not lose the interest of the viewer at any point.

Guy Ritchie does a fine job without too much war-bang/fight scenes and Jake Gyllenhaal plays the perfect soldier role without taking away any screen-time from the other actor(s) in the movie. Simple storyline, good acting overall and excellent direction make it a fun watch.

ninjatalli is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 20:38   #9066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Fast X

Watched the movie at a theatre in 3D and I regretted it but the only saving grace was my son liked the movie and i am not going to rant the "Family" thing here. Why cant these movies have a decent plot, the revenge thing is so stone age.

Rating: 2.5/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
I think it's a good idea to watch it in the theater with your son.

Because, family!

Happened to watch 2 movies over the last 3 days and man, what a contrast!

First was Fast X, easily one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Period. Plain horrible. Even my 10 year old son was disappointed.

On the contrary, the Second movie—Air, was just so refreshing! Matt damon and Ben affleck really deliver! And this is the movie my son has been talking to his friends about, not Fast X!

Last edited by motorworks : 25th May 2023 at 20:43.
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 11:04   #9067
Senior - BHPian

Sisu:

Good ol fashioned one against many action flick. Something like a John Wick but set in WW2

Watch it loud and big. Good time pass.

Just wish movie was in Finnish instead of English.
deathwalkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 11:28   #9068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Watch it loud and big. Good time pass.
Its awesome to watch in theaters. Might not be on a small screen.

Quote:
Just wish movie was in Finnish instead of English.
It was released in Finnish in November 2022. The international release was in English last month.

I think it would have majority German conversations than Finnish. There might be hardly 10 lines in Finnish in the entire movie.
Old 26th May 2023, 11:29   #9069
Senior - BHPian

The Banshees of Inisherin : 0/5

What kind of crap is this movie? What was Oscar jury smoking when they nominated this movie? I had to watch some movie on the flight to Europe, so picked this one because of the nomination.

Please avoid in all cases.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 21:40   #9070
Distinguished - BHPian

John Wick 4 will be available on Lionsgate Play from 23rd June. I was anticipating a May 23 release on OTT but as per this Link, it'll be available from 23rd June.

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-img_20230526_213803.jpg
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 21:48   #9071
Senior - BHPian

Yet, to watch the latest fast and furious movie. To be honest the only good movies in the franchise are the first and fourth one (2001 & 2009). Tokyo drift also deserves praise as a pure stand alone high octane movie. The rest are really not up there, but watched them anyways.

The only worthy mention besides the above three is the send-off scene for Paul Walker in the 7th one, all the way from the beach to where the Supra parts akin to the missing man formation. That moment was Gold !

Brian O'Conner was definitely a relatable character and I really wonder, if he were alive, would Paul would be a part of the franchise today ?

Last edited by TrackDay : 26th May 2023 at 21:49.
Old 27th May 2023, 10:55   #9072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblr View Post
Hi Folks,

I am mentioning an old movie starring Justin Timberlake and Cillian Murphy.

In Time (2011)

Streaming on Amazon Prime Video.
Thanks for the recommendation. Watched it last night and it was a pretty enjoyable watch. Liked the premise of it. Just wish they got someone else other than Mr N Sync
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 15:21   #9073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
The Covenant: 4 / 5
I wanted to watch this movie in theaters and somehow missed it. It's not screening anywhere in Hyderabad now. Will have to wait for it to arrive on OTT. Seeing that it's produced by MGM, I hope Amazon Prime will either have it on rent soon or stream part of the Prime package.
Old 28th May 2023, 21:32   #9074
Senior - BHPian

Tetris on Apple TV+. Would rate this a solid 3.5/5, its a pretty good movie by today’s standards!

I had just wasted 1200 bucks on Fast X last week and then I came across some really good recommendations in this thread.

I did notice Tetris earlier on Apple TV+ but didn’t really give a serious thought to it. However, a recommendation from a fellow bhpian in this thread got me interested again and so watched this movie last night along with my 10 year old son. He really liked it as well.

First, its easy to dismiss this movie as a narrative about a video game. But its a lot more than that, with the whole USSR backdrop! Not sure how much is fictionalised and what’s based on true incidents, but its surely an engrossing watch!

I had earlier watched “Air” on amazon prime and thats a solid 3.5/5 as well.

For me, the biggest relief was that I was finally able to watch two sensible movies at home with my kid ( else nothing on OTT these days is family friendly).

Last edited by motorworks : 28th May 2023 at 21:34.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 22:04   #9075
BHPian

Dungeons & Dragons: Honour Among Thieves - 8.5/10

Watched on Paramount+

Quite captivating and engaging movie that has mix of fun, comedy, thrill and is constantly keeping you on toes.

PS: I didn't about the game till I watched this move.

Most Viewed