Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2009, 16:18   #1141
Senior - BHPian

Saw following movies on TV

One Missed Call

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-omc.jpg

The story is about the death of people who get a missed call from themselves & this voice message is from a future date & this is the date that these people die.

The direction is nice & good acting by the cast, the ending is where they seemed to have messed up.

This is apparently a remake of Japanese Movie

2.5/5

Stardust

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-sd.jpg

This Movie is about a young man venturing into a Magical World near England protected from outside world by a Wall to get a fallen star for someone he loves.
This movie is full of magic & witchcraft & the star cast is surprising with Michelle Pfeiffer & Robert De Niro in it.

The movie is fun to watch with nice narration. Although the director does miss the plot at few places, it is still a good watch sitting at home

3/5
Old 14th October 2009, 17:00   #1142
BHPian

Quote:
How's the movie " Recruit" starring Al Pacino and Colin Farrel?
Decent timepass movie. Pacino is good in parts, doesn't have too much of an opportunity to show off his repertoire. Farrell is a very good actor. The story is pacy, with a touch of predictable mystery thrown in. Am sure you will enjoy. If you like it, also try "Insomnia" with Pacino and Robin Williams. Decent timepass.
Old 14th October 2009, 20:23   #1143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Brilliant !!! One helluva movie.

Watched Crank 2 - High voltage and this flick is worse than the first one.

Dont even waste your time with this movie. Total bullshit movie.

Jason Statham needs to choose his movies more carefully.

Rating : -10 / 5.
Old 14th October 2009, 20:39   #1144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Brilliant !!! One helluva movie.

Watched Crank 2 - High voltage and this flick is worse than the first one.

Dont even waste your time with this movie. Total bullshit movie.

Jason Statham needs to choose his movies more carefully.

Rating : -10 / 5.
Crank 2 is a meaningless stupid movie. Atleast the part 1 was a lil better. Watched THE UGLY TRUTH. Superb movie man. Hilarious to the core.
Old 16th October 2009, 09:54   #1145
BHPian

Watched David Fincher's Zodiac again. My first watch a couple of years ago was with an expectation of a movie of the genre of the same director's Seven. It turned out not to be quite like that and because I cannot follow American accents fully, the lack of subtitles on my first watch sort of killed the movie for me. This time round, armed with subtitles, I have got the essence of the movie in its right perspective. Suffice to say, it is Fincher's best till date.

Find a review of the movie here:

Zodiac : Review : Rolling Stone
Old 16th October 2009, 12:14   #1146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Decent timepass movie. Pacino is good in parts, doesn't have too much of an opportunity to show off his repertoire. Farrell is a very good actor. The story is pacy, with a touch of predictable mystery thrown in. Am sure you will enjoy. If you like it, also try "Insomnia" with Pacino and Robin Williams. Decent timepass.
Saw "Recruit" and agree with Anurag's review. Al is as usual, quite good. But, looked pretty haggard in the movie, almost looks tired all through.

Colin is a good actor too. I thought he is a Brit, isnt he? He speaks pretty good american too.

It's a good movie but watch with some predictable suspense and fast pacy action. Worth a watch only once

3/5
Old 16th October 2009, 23:19   #1147
Senior - BHPian

Watched DISTRICT 9 today - Was a surprise pleaser. Excellent Alien Sci Fi Movie.

Humorous, interesting and fun all the way. Has quite a few gory scenes BUT very different nevertheless.

It's about Aliens settling on Earth and then after 2 decades are forced to evacuate by humans to another place. Weaponry shown is excellent.

IMDB gves it very high reviews and is worth watching definetely.

4/5

Last edited by vkochar : 16th October 2009 at 23:20.
Old 19th October 2009, 09:54   #1148
BHPian

Has anyone seen "Paranromal Activity" ???? supposed to be a real horror moive and similar to blair withch project.

movie is shot entirely on a camcorder, Paranormal Activity follows a couple (Katie and Micah) who are experiencing some strange things around the house. Looking for answers, the couple sets up a camera to record anything that is happening in their bedroom. The camera records all the events that take place.

Paranormal Activity (2009) | Official Movie Site & Trailer

washingtonpost.com

Last edited by sajands : 19th October 2009 at 09:56. Reason: had to delete the tags
Old 19th October 2009, 13:55   #1149
Team-BHP Support

I did not get the head or tail of Blair Witch project, so if Paranormal Activity is anything like BWP I doubt it will generate any scares, at least for me.
Old 19th October 2009, 14:04   #1150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone seen "Paranromal Activity" ????
I highly doubt it ,the movie has had a VERY limited release.

Quote:
if Paranormal Activity is anything like BWP I doubt it will generate any scares
Going by the reports/reviews its definitely better than BWP.
Infact many experts are saying its the scariest movie ever made.!

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 19th October 2009 at 14:06.
Old 19th October 2009, 14:14   #1151
Team-BHP Support

Ok, but did the experts think that BWP was scary ? 'Coz I did not find it so.
Old 19th October 2009, 14:23   #1152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok, but did the experts think that BWP was scary ? 'Coz I did not find it so.
I checked some forums dedicated to horror movies and they all have great reviews regarding PA.
I agree BWP was not THAT scary ,i think it worked coz it had a different theme and people liked the realistic handheld camera feature.
Old 19th October 2009, 14:26   #1153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I did not get the head or tail of Blair Witch project, so if Paranormal Activity is anything like BWP I doubt it will generate any scares, at least for me.
I agree, it was not at all scary. Entire movie was shot with a hand held video and i found it quite irritating as the shooting was jerky most of the times and it was never shown in the movie what was it those 3 friends were scared of.

On a separate note, last night saw The Grudge ( Japanese Version) on WM channel and this one is pretty scary even more than the American version. Watched it with full effects, lights switched off and volume turned up a bit and oh boy ! those japanese know how to make horror movies going by the number of movies hollywood folks re-make on them.
Old 19th October 2009, 15:01   #1154
BHPian

WW2 Movies

I am a great fan of WW2 movies and do not miss any opportunities to watch them. And i have a pretty good collections with me, which i watch over and over again .

This weekend, i have finished

Memphis Belle and Windtalkers.

Memphis Belle is a story of second word war B-17 Bomber. The captain named after this B-17 as "Memphis Belle" (His girlfriends name). Now this Bomber is special. It was the most luckiest Bomber in the entire squadron. It has completed 24 Missions without a scratch and always took her crew back safely (Which was very unlikely considering the number of Bombers shot down during the European Theater). One more mission and the crew can go home (25 Missions). The movie is about the 25th Mission of Memphis Belle. And i am sure you will love her once you finish watching the movie.

Rating 4/5

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-memphisbelledvdcover.jpg

Now the Windtalkers (Nicolas Cage), is kinda ok movie. But i loved the story. This is about Pacific Theater - war against Japs. US Army has recruited some Native Americans as radio operators. The goal was to establish the radio communications in their Native language which cannot be Decrypted by Japs. So Nicolas cage's duty was to protect them from the Japanese Capture.

Rating 3/5

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-501004windtalkersposters.jpg

And my all time favorite Band of Brothers series (Notice my Avatar) I have the entire series with me, which i keep on watching!!! And a Big fan of Maj. Winters.

Rating 7/5

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-605_band_of_brothers_468.jpg

PS: Suggest your favorite WW-2 Movies
PPS: Please let me know if anyone of you want the copy of these.

Thanks
--Sree--

Last edited by sreerajunnithan : 19th October 2009 at 15:10.
Old 19th October 2009, 15:14   #1155
BHPian

Is BWP similar to Cloverfield?

Watched Reservoir dogs yesterday. 4/5

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks