Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-8.html)

Anyone seen - Underworld - rise of lycans?

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 1228610)
Anyone seen - Underworld - rise of lycans?

Seen it, the first part was better. Decent action/effects/story, nothing special. Watch it if you have nothing else to do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gr8guzzler (Post 1228946)
Seen it, the first part was better. Decent action/effects/story, nothing special. Watch it if you have nothing else to do.

Got the point. Will watch at home.
HAve Memento on my system since ages but not getting the time to watch in one go:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 1226672)
Watch ' Journey to the centre of the earth ' if you have not !

It's quite a grand movie with amazing & breathtaking views and scenes. Brendan plays a scientist who is looking / seeking to find the center of the earth and he does !!

Released around 6 months back, it was quite a hit in the US. Don't know about India.

Watch it with family and you would love it.

If you can get the 3D version, its much better. Especially on a big screen TV, its kinda fun to watch those creatures up close.

Any reviews on " Bullet Proof Monk"?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raajiv (Post 1226325)
Vkochar,

What a conicidence!!I watched Gran Torino this weekend.

An Average Movie.A bit slow some times and the car does not even get started once in the whole movie.

RATING : 2.5 /5

I also saw Gran Torino last Sat..I found it to be really good. Clint Eastwood was as good as ever.
Although the car is driven right in the last scene of the movie

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1229182)
Any reviews on " Bullet Proof Monk"?

If it was a bollywood movie - the monk's role would have been surely played by Mithun Chakravarthy.

It's a random action movie which keeps repeating on Star Movies. When you are free and have nothing to do - grab some popcorn and watch it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy (Post 1229915)
If it was a bollywood movie - the monk's role would have been surely played by Mithun Chakravarthy.

It's a random action movie which keeps repeating on Star Movies. When you are free and have nothing to do - grab some popcorn and watch it.

Thanks NC. To tell you the truth, i could not bring myself to play it, so promptly returned to Bigflix. Waiting for next one in queue:)

HI,

Just saw The International last night. Superb movie, the story the plot all superb.

Would rate it 4-4.5/5.

Viper

just saw uninvited and watchmen yesterday :)

The Uninvited - Anna Rydell returns home to her sister (and best friend) Alex after a stint in a mental hospital, though her recovery is jeopardized thanks to her cruel stepmother, aloof father, and the presence of a ghost in their home.
The Uninvited (2009)
I really liked this movie, especially the twist in the plot at the end - i would give it a 4/5

Watchmen - When an ex-superhero is murdered, a vigilante named Rorschach begins an investigation into the murder, which begins to lead to a much more terrifying conclusion.
Watchmen (2009)
Overall the movie seemed a bit slow, but it should be good for superhero movie lovers - i would give it 3/5

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper (Post 1234411)

Just saw The International last night. Superb movie, the story the plot all superb.

Would rate it 4-4.5/5.

Viper

I saw it last night too - it's on the lines of the Bourne Ultimatum - fast paced and grippy. All about a couple of agents trying ti nail a bank that's aiding terrorism around the world. The shoot out sequence in the art gallery is superb.

I would give it a 3.5/5.

I watched 2 movies this afternoon well both on TV:-)
Micheal Clayton:
George clooney movie which is about this attorney in this huge law firm who is lie a fixer. He does all the cleanups, the handy man type of jobs and he has very good contacts in the force. He has some personal problems and along with which he has to deal with a problem where a director of the company starts building a case which he was fighting for six years against the same company. Well acted and a bit slow at times but brilliant performances by all the actors. Sad part was a Merc S class was burnt in this movie!!!
Watch it when your lonely and bothered about something. Will loosen you up a bit
Rating:3.5/5

Letters from Iwa:
This is a jap movie about this division of the jap army which is posted on the island of iwa during the 2nd world war. Very nice war movie which not just shows bravery and patriotism but also combines personal feelings, one upmanship, disagreements and also last but not the least fight to death spirit when faced with death. These guys actually were able to hold back the americans for a really long time even though they knew none of them were to return back home alive.
Rating:4/5 not very gruesome.

Runaway bride:
Well really nice romantic movie. About this gal or oops lady(Julia roberts) who has runaway from the aisle not once, not twice but thrice. So there enters richard gere who is writing a story on it and gets to meet this lady in person. Well julia roberts does not need to speak to act. Period:-) All her expressions are brilliant.
Well sometimes i really felt that God she is one hellof a confused soul!!
Rating 3/5.

Oops did i say just 2 movies:-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 1235427)
saw Dhoondte Reh Jaaoge yesterday. starts off slow but picks up halfway. Hilarious comedy although sometimes silly. Good time pass.

I found the movie boring and didnt enjoy the comedy scenes at all. I loved a few scenes of Isha Sravani and those famous movie copying scenes. Rest of the movie is a drag. Sonu Sood is slowly getting some face recognition.

Last night saw " Mean Machine" starring Vinnie Jones. It's a pure brit movie similar to LS2SB, Snatch etc.

Vinnie looks very young and lean in this movie and does a pretty good job. He is a famous football star and loses it all. Its about him getting into jail for drunken assault and he given the task of coaching a football team for a match between the cons and guards. If you like brit movies, you will like this one.

3.5/5

Wild Hogs: Emm, loved the Harley exhaust notes. 3/5 for the story. Big star cast which helped give credit for the film else I doubt if anyone would see it.

You Dont Mess with The Zohan; 3/5, avoid taking kids to this. A bit of nudity and sleazy jokes help the movie. Loved the Israeli/Palestine jokes. Adam looked different. Nice heroine:)

The Dark Knight; 4.5/5. Wicked Joker. Nice film. Some plots to catch Joker are crazy. Too much gimicks; its a Holywood film so ... no questions asked.

Wall-E: 4/5 ,Robots in love. What would happen if living on Earth wasnt possible and there is no other living thing on it? You make a big airship and escape to space, live inside it till your messenger dove gets back to you with a proof of a living object on Earth. Wall-E survives alone thanks to solar energy. What if T100 too worked like this? Scary.

saw OUTLANDER last night... nice...