Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2009, 10:41   #1186
BHPian

Guys anyone seen Leon (The Professional)?
Léon (1994)

Apparently, there is a huge difference between the International Version and the American Version. Can someone throw some light?
Old 22nd October 2009, 10:51   #1187
BHPian

I have seen the International - Directors Cut edition.
Read here: Leon the Professional (Uncut International Version): Superbit : DVD Talk Review of the DVD Video
Old 22nd October 2009, 13:37   #1188
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched a couple of movies

"Enough" starring Jennifer Lopez. It's about a mother running with her daughter from her husband's atrocities. Nice fast paced and gripping movie.

First time ever, someone explored her acting prowess instead of her famous backside

However, she looks pretty haggard and unattractive through the movie. Nice time pass watch for sure

3/5

"The Red Circle" It's a 1970 French movie with english subtitles. After watching every french movie, i tell myself this is the sweetest language and i found no other language as pleasing to your ears as french. It also reinstates the fact that europeans are so much better dressers than the sloppy americans...LOL

This movie has a slightly complex story about cops and robbers and superbly made with some nice french scenery to boot ( though the color is that eastman types not the rich colors what we see now).

This film has almost no or minimalistic background score and fantastic acting by the main pratogonist and antagonists. This movie is from a popular french director Jean-Peirre Melville

If you like a thriller then this is a great watch

4/5

Last edited by mobike008 : 22nd October 2009 at 13:38.
Old 22nd October 2009, 13:41   #1189
BHPian

Saints And Soldiers

Watched "Saints And Soldiers" last night. Another excellent movie which i came across. The story begins with the infamous Malmedy massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia A group of soldiers escaped from this unfortunate incident and advance to Allied front with just 4 Bullets in Magazine. They are joined with a British Pilot later on, who just bailed out from a shot down aircraft by Germans.

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-saints_and_soldiers.jpg

Thanks
--Sree--

Last edited by sreerajunnithan : 22nd October 2009 at 13:43.
Old 22nd October 2009, 13:48   #1190
Distinguished - BHPian

Sree, if i am not wrong you too are a bigflix member. Are all these war movies available there?

I am getting slightly influenced by your "war theme" though i am not a war movie fan
Old 22nd October 2009, 14:51   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Yeah had seen Enough a couple of Months back on TV, it was nice to watch, J Lo does act well. I would have given similar rating simply because the topic isnt very new(similar to Sleeping with the Enemy) even if the treatment was good.
Old 22nd October 2009, 14:55   #1192
Senior - BHPian

I think Saints and Soldiers is not there in BigFlix repository. I tried to find that but couldn't see it on their website. Me too a bigFlix member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
Add "Battle of Bulge" in the list. I am sure BigFlix has that. You can see how German Machines were much advanced and Innovative compared to Allies.

Thanks
--Sree--
Added it to my top the queue but it seems bigflix have VCD version only :-( I'll probably wait till they get the DVD version.

Last edited by kaushik_s : 22nd October 2009 at 15:01.
Old 22nd October 2009, 15:13   #1193
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

"Enough" starring Jennifer Lopez.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Yeah had seen Enough a couple of Months back on TV, it was nice to watch, J Lo does act well. I would have given similar rating simply because the topic isnt very new(similar to Sleeping with the Enemy) even if the treatment was good.
There was hindi movie of this Ab Bas or something starring Diana Hayden.

The only 2 movies of J Lo worth watching were Out of Sight and Maid in Manhattan
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:48   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Sree, if i am not wrong you too are a bigflix member. Are all these war movies available there?

I am getting slightly influenced by your "war theme" though i am not a war movie fan
I am a WW-2 (Stories, Automobiles, Aircraft, Weapons, Machines etc...) history freak, and majority of war movies are very close to actual incidents, bearing apart the classics like "Where eagles Dare" and "Guns of Navaron" which were more of fictional than true stories. Regarding the availability, If BigFlix do not have them, then i download the Torrent. But always first preference goes to BigFlix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
I think Saints and Soldiers is not there in BigFlix repository. I tried to find that but couldn't see it on their website. Me too a bigFlix member.

Added it to my top the queue but it seems bigflix have VCD version only :-( I'll probably wait till they get the DVD version.
You can wait for Saint and Soldiers (If you want AVI let me know), But its highly unlikely to get a DVD version of Battle of Bulge, Since i had to opt for the same VCD version around an year back from BigFlix. Go ahead and take the VCD version.

Thanks
--Sree--

Last edited by sreerajunnithan : 22nd October 2009 at 16:57.
Old 24th October 2009, 12:51   #1195
BHPian

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-englishpatient.jpg

The English Patient:

As the war movies theme was going great guns in this thread I took out the old 3-vcd set of this movie last night. This is actually not a war movie, rather a love story set during WWII. What to say about the movie, the number of academy awards tell all!

I had never heard of Ralf Fiennes before this movie. I find an uncanny resemblance of him with Kevin Costner.
Old 24th October 2009, 15:29   #1196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
I am a WW-2 (Stories, Automobiles, Aircraft, Weapons, Machines etc...) history freak, and majority of war movies are very close to actual incidents, bearing apart the classics like "Where eagles Dare" and "Guns of Navaron" which were more of fictional than true stories. Regarding the availability, If BigFlix do not have them, then i download the Torrent. But always first preference goes to BigFlix.
Try to watch Idi I smotri, its another movie set in WW2 background. The movie is very depressing, it may change your opinion about WW2 for that matter any war; atleast it did that for me.

Der Untergang is another must watch WW2 movie.
Old 25th October 2009, 09:26   #1197
BHPian

Watched some movies in the past week..Mostly I watch comedy, action and horror. My collections 90% are horror. I like them.

1. GI Joe
Not much to the expectation, but usual Hollywood action flick.
2. 17 Again
Hilarious, but missed a punch in it. Something lacked, dunno what.
3. Constantine
Slept most of the time.
4. Kung Fu Panda
Animation is astounding and the story is good. Liked it, but strange why it didnt run as expected.
5. Transformers 2
Very confusing as screen is full of transformed robots. Hard to find out which is the good and bad. Liked the first part the most.
6. Wrong Turn 3
The movie is like the first part, action starts as soon as the movie starts. Climax graphics is hell, Indian graphics is too good when compared.

Lined up for today,
Transporter 3
Crank 2

Downloading now,
Exorcism of Emily Rose - Watched earlier, good, but missed the CD.

Can some suggest good horror movies. Most I have watched, making sure I missed nothing.
Old 25th October 2009, 13:45   #1198
BHPian

I saw two movies yesterday
1) Gia Gia (1998) (TV)
2) Surrogates Surrogates (2009)

Both are good for once watch 3/5

Now watching Man on Fire Man on Fire (2004)
I am not sure how many times a movie has been made with similar story (one in hindi too) and not sure which was the original - 2.5/5, watch only if you need some background television while doing some other work :-)

Last edited by jassi : 25th October 2009 at 13:49.
Old 25th October 2009, 15:30   #1199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
No one watched U turn ?
Old 25th October 2009, 18:15   #1200
BHPian

Watched Crank 2..What a terrible movie. Was thinking watching a video game and p*&n movie.
Each and every scene was a garbage.

Once watched, deleted the movie.

-5/5

Most Viewed