Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-9.html)

Saw Body of Lies Yesterday One word. Great movie. Enjoyed it. 4/5
Body of Lies (2008)

The movie is based on Terrorism.

Leonardo is great as usual. Those who loved his act in Departed and Blood Diamond would love this movie.

Saw Watchmen on Friday. Long movie by Hollywood standards. Went on for around 2.5 hrs in spite of some scenes being cut. Didn't find anything great about the movie.

Rating: 1.5/5 (for the costume & props used)

I'm not sure if this movie is listed here, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and hence posting it here.

In Your Dreams (2007)
Albert Ross was the most ambitious little boy in the world until an 11 year old girl broke his heart. Now he's grown up to be an embittered dentist, he's done nothing, gone nowhere AND he has a step-mother from hell. One day he suffers a mysterious accident - and suddenly finds that whatever he dreams comes true. Suddenly a whole new life opens up for him...

British comedy with some excellent wacky characters. Must watch if you enjoy good comedy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaa45 (Post 1234750)
Watched Aa Dekhen Zara Yesterday

Good movie, two hours long though some illogical incidences and definately most illogical climax.

Rahul dev is a surprise package, he has lost oodles of weight.

At the end they have hinted a sequel too. Nay

Mansi

I saw it on saturday.
Absolutely bakwaas.
People who have seen Next can easily say its a lift up. Just that in this the Camera can see ahead.
Illogical direction, souless acting by Neil and Bips.
And to top it at the end the hint of a sequel is a lift from movie JUMPER.:D
Rahul was always lean and had good physique since his initial days.
Rating - 1/5

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 1235540)
Wild Hogs: Emm, loved the Harley exhaust notes. 3/5 for the story. Big star cast which helped give credit for the film else I doubt if anyone would see it.

You Dont Mess with The Zohan; 3/5, avoid taking kids to this. A bit of nudity and sleazy jokes help the movie. Loved the Israeli/Palestine jokes. Adam looked different. Nice heroine:)

The Dark Knight; 4.5/5. Wicked Joker. Nice film. Some plots to catch Joker are crazy. Too much gimicks; its a Holywood film so ... no questions asked.

Wall-E: 4/5 ,Robots in love. What would happen if living on Earth wasnt possible and there is no other living thing on it? You make a big airship and escape to space, live inside it till your messenger dove gets back to you with a proof of a living object on Earth. Wall-E survives alone thanks to solar energy. What if T100 too worked like this? Scary.

Wild Hogs- A simple and nice movie. Nothing great but one time watch is ok
Rating -3/5

You Dont Mess with The Zohan- I loved this one- Hilarious and strictly for adults. Adam Sandler is a very natural actor.
Rating 4.5/5

The Dark Knight- Am amazed you saw this one so late! Its one of the best i had seen till date.
rating - 5/5

Wall-E- A very cute movie. Some people found it boring though
Rating - 4/5

Quote:

Originally Posted by sk456 (Post 1235888)
saw OUTLANDER last night... nice...

Am seeing this one today so will post how it was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhibh (Post 1235894)
Saw Body of Lies Yesterday One word. Great movie. Enjoyed it. 4/5
Body of Lies (2008)

The movie is based on Terrorism.

Leonardo is great as usual. Those who loved his act in Departed and Blood Diamond would love this movie.

Honestly i had great expectations for this one after watching Departed and Blood Diamond. I was dissappointed.
It seems to be on the lines of departed only and similar kind of acting by Leponardo.

Rating- 3/5

Please Post all the reviews & discussions about English movies in This thread

WallE (3.5/5)

Finally managed to catch it yesterday. Even though the animation was not spellbinding for a non-discerning layman like me, the whole concept of having robots with emotions impressed me. Curiosity and affection are very well portrayed in the movie.

BedTime Stories
3/5
A typical adam sandler movie.Plot is like, the bedtime stories he tells to the kids comes true in real,but there is a catch.See it to catch it.hehe

Yes man
2/5
Being a jim carrey fan, a bit disappointed about this movie.Didnt had that much punch like the liar liar etc.But there are some good laughing moments though!!

City of Ember
3/5
A nicely wrapped up story.A mystery with some mechanical proportions.THat is what i can think of while thinking of that movie.

The passenger
4/5
Plot starts with doctor treating the survivors of a plane crash and some nice developments
A mysterious one.I liked it.Smart ending.

I picked up the Lord of the Rings Extended Version DVD pack for 1999 few weeks back.

Watched all the DVDs on Full HD during the long weekend!

I guess, no review needed for this trilogy!
5/5 for all the three!

Final Destination 2
Not as great or exciting as the first part. nevertheless, the initial accident scene is worth it!

2.5/5

Quote:

Originally Posted by jithudigitised (Post 1238101)
BedTime Stories
3/5
A typical adam sandler movie.Plot is like, the bedtime stories he tells to the kids comes true in real,but there is a catch.See it to catch it.hehe

Yes man
2/5
Being a jim carrey fan, a bit disappointed about this movie.Didnt had that much punch like the liar liar etc.But there are some good laughing moments though!!

City of Ember
3/5
A nicely wrapped up story.A mystery with some mechanical proportions.THat is what i can think of while thinking of that movie.

The passenger
4/5
Plot starts with doctor treating the survivors of a plane crash and some nice developments
A mysterious one.I liked it.Smart ending.

sorry not "The passenger" but "Passengers"stupid:

Watched the Bourne series for zillionth time over the weekend.
Bourne is a class apart that all the "secret-agent" movies like MI series or the Bond series.

Rating 5/5 anytime.

what do u guys think about fast and furious 4 will it be on par with fnf1 and 2 ? or crappy like tokyo drift.
its realeasing on friday

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members. Type 'you' instead of 'u'

Quote:

Originally Posted by paras211 (Post 1238249)
what do u guys think about fast and furious 4 will it be on par with fnf1 and 2 ? or crappy like tokyo drift.
its realeasing on friday

what ? u must be kidding me.

its releasing on april 10 here in uk.

how can u have it released this friday.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members. Type 'you' instead of 'u'

Just watched this...

Echelon Conspiracy (2009)

A poor mish mash of Eagle Eye and Enemy of the state. My advice, avoid it.

Cheers!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 (Post 1238299)
what ? u must be kidding me.

its releasing on april 10 here in uk.

how can u have it released this friday.

no dude u r misinformed.
its releasing this week here.:)

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members. Type 'are' instead of 'r' & 'you' instead of 'u'

Watched these recently -

Valkyrie - Tom Cruise & others - Nice movie about one of the plots where Hitler's own army goes against him and tries bringing him down. Rating 3/5

Australia - Baz Luhrman & Nicole Kidman - The grand Epic Movie about Australia and Catlle farming there pre WW2. The movie is Beautifully picturised and has a comic element to it. Watch it for the sheer acting & wonderful picturisation of OZ Land. Rating - 3.5/5

Bride Wars - Kate Hudson & Anne Hathaway - Latest flick - It's about 2 girls getting married the same day and fighting for the same venue they have dreamed of since childhood. Ok watch especially for girls - Rating - 2.5/5

Now looking forward to watching these -

New In Town ( Rennee - 2009 )
Dead Like us ( 2008 )
Passengers ( Anne Hathaway )
Bedtime Stories
Yes ( Jim carrey )