Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 11:11   #1396
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Guys, slightly OT but what happens if I lose my Bigflix CD ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Good Point. Logically, they should charge you the cost of the DVD or even better they should give 50% off since its a used one. So the damage cannot be more than Rs.200 DVD.

Why dont you check with the call center?
Found the CD, and saved some money
Old 16th November 2009, 11:55   #1397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
well, i have different views. Concept is well driven down but the movie only relies on graphics for its saleability. its not a directors movie. its the graphics' guy's movie. I beg to differ on the rating too. I'd give it 2.5/5.
Just my views.
It is a graphics guys movie, but it looks so real that you are on the edge of your seat in most of the scenes. This one is worth a watch, defintely in the best multiplex you can afford. The only rating i can think of is that its a "must watch".
Old 16th November 2009, 11:55   #1398
BHPian

Movie: 2012
What I liked: amazing special effects, new theories, few but nice comic punch lines in between (specially the "ENGINE START" on the BENTLEY)
What I did not like: Too much co-incidence for our hero, kind of reminded me of some hindi movies.. long dragging at the end.
Final word: Watch the movie in a theatre only to enjoy it.
Cheers!

Last edited by schitre05 : 16th November 2009 at 11:59.
Old 16th November 2009, 13:41   #1399
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
Movie: 2012
What I liked: amazing special effects, new theories, few but nice comic punch lines in between (specially the "ENGINE START" on the BENTLEY)
What I did not like: Too much co-incidence for our hero, kind of reminded me of some hindi movies.. long dragging at the end.
Final word: Watch the movie in a theatre only to enjoy it.
Cheers!

Watched " 2012" last night

My review is exactly same as yours. Nice special effects. I especially liked the initial ones when cracks on surface appear and how Cusack runs for his life in the Limo and the final one where the Ark is floating towards the Everest. Rest of the special effects looked repetitive to me.

Characterisation was heavily inspired from Manmohan Desai's films. Lot of heavy duty sentiments which seemed totally out of place.

Did anyone notice the Russian pilot's speech was exactly the way Dharmendra speaks...LOL

Cusack's daughter was sweet looking and had good experessions and i was not impressed with anybody's acting. It was pretty much ordinary.

It's a decent one time watch for those special effects but loud crash,bangs and booms did induce a slight headache. Oh yeah, before i forget, it's way too long to even think of seeing it for a 2nd time.

P.S: Watched it in Big Cinema's in Ameerpet, Hyderabad for the first time. Didnt like the experience, seating wasn't comfortable, too crowded, less number of elevators and horrible parking facility.

3.5/5
Old 16th November 2009, 14:10   #1400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
]

Anyone saw This is it?
Its a bit late to respond and Not sure if its still on theatres.

I did watch 1st day as I was a hardcore MJ fan. Must watch for fans, good watch for others too. If you are simply a lover of music, dance, etc you will be left speechless by MJs singing and dancing skills. At 50, he still gives a run to the 20yr olds. There are lot of takeaways like how he constantly pushes the boundaries, his attention to details, respect for his team members, etc. You will come out feeling the terrible loss the world has had.

Quoting a line from a review I read - EURweb.com - STEVEN IVORY: Truly, Michael Jackson was It - " After witnessing Jackson's dizzying onscreen craftsmanship and indefatigable dedication to his thing, if you aren't left with the irrepressible desire to step up your own game, then you missed MJ's most dynamic move ever "
Old 16th November 2009, 14:36   #1401
Senior - BHPian

Saw 'Taken' on sunday.
Really liked it. I cant rem the guy's name who played the gal's father but he has done a damn good job. Would highly recommend it. I think the best thing about this movie is its pace which doesnt drops even for a sec.
Rating -4.5/5
Old 16th November 2009, 14:37   #1402
BHPian

I watched the movie 2012 yesterday.

I liked the special effect but generally I dont like all those sci fiction and futuristic movies.

I felt like 2012 is made by some Bollywood director in Hollywood, so much of hindi type.
Old 16th November 2009, 14:39   #1403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Saw 'Taken' on sunday.
I cant rem the guy's name who played the gal's father but he has done a damn good job.
Rating -4.5/5
Liam Neeson (Oskar Schindler in Schindler's List)
Old 17th November 2009, 14:15   #1404
BHPian

Watched Amistad in the weekend, it is a true story and would highly recomend it
Old 17th November 2009, 15:19   #1405
Senior - BHPian

watched Donnie Brasco. Its based on a true story, about an under cover FBI agent Joseph Pistone. He was so involved in Mafia affair and rose through the ranks of Family that FBI had to pulled him out.
He is highly respected in FBI circles for his dedication.

Starring: Johny Depp and Pacino

Last edited by SirAlec : 17th November 2009 at 15:20.
Old 17th November 2009, 17:35   #1406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
watched Donnie Brasco. Its based on a true story, about an under cover FBI agent Joseph Pistone. He was so involved in Mafia affair and rose through the ranks of Family that FBI had to pulled him out.
He is highly respected in FBI circles for his dedication.

Starring: Johny Depp and Pacino
Did u liked it?
Worth a watch?
Old 17th November 2009, 18:39   #1407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did u liked it?
Worth a watch?
Absolutely. I can add saying " It's a must watch" the tension of being found out is so high, its actually quite an adreline rush.

Btw, you must bear Al Pacino to be treated as a side-kick ( can you imagine that?) whereas the big boss is Michael Madsen ( Another favorite actor)

Do check it out
Old 17th November 2009, 19:02   #1408
Senior - BHPian

UP:-

This movie is about a 78 year old balloon salesman who manages to fulfill his dream to go on a adventure to South America by tying thousands of balloons to his house . The fun part begins when a young boy joins him in this adventure trip. I kinda enjoyed this movie!!

Rating : 4/5
Old 18th November 2009, 03:23   #1409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Absolutely. I can add saying " It's a must watch" the tension of being found out is so high, its actually quite an adreline rush.

Btw, you must bear Al Pacino to be treated as a side-kick ( can you imagine that?) whereas the big boss is Michael Madsen ( Another favorite actor)

Do check it out
Alrite mate.
will see wrong turn2 and then next will be this one.
Thanks
Old 18th November 2009, 04:11   #1410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Alrite mate.
will see wrong turn2 and then next will be this one.
Thanks
I own a DVD of wrong turn 1. Didnt know part 2 has also come.

Look forward to the review

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks