Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2009, 19:57   #1471
BHPian

watched PANDORUM 4.5/5 totally awesome movie!! makes you think !!

also watched FUNNY PEOPLE--- adam sandler staring with seth rogan!! its a serious funny movie! about comedians and their life! very nice to watch 4/5!

also watched I LOVE YOU BETH COOPER-- its funny movie about geeks and hot chicks 3.5/5!

enjoy!!
Old 1st December 2009, 01:38   #1472
Senior - BHPian

I thought I've posted it before but somehow unable to see the post now.
Anyway, watched the following movies in last few days,

Goodfellas : Story of a Gangster's rise and fall and based on true story. Very well executed movie and well portrayed. Must watch. 8/10

E.T.: A classic/Legend of it's time. I don't think that I need to tell anything more about this movie. A must must watch. I've watched this movie in bits and pieces before but this it was a full show. 9/10

Star Trek(2009) : I loved it and eagerly waiting for the next installation. Never watched Star Trek before although I wanted to when I was a child. This movie is about a beginning of an alternate reality when Captain Kirk's father was killed by a Romulan Nero who came back from the future for revenge. And from then on everything got changed with everyone's life. This movie kind of looks like Star Wars now. 7.5/10

Terminator Salvation: It was certainly better than the 3rd part and kind of enjoyed watching it. Can be watched once for sure. 6/10

And now to this, just now back from watching 2012. Shouldn't say watch, it was actually a mental torture created by the director/producer. Actually we joked that if they are gonna make 2 or 3 more such movies then definitely half of the human race going to commit suicide. Total waste of Money. I'm yet to understand why the movie is running full even after 3 weeks. (probably because of people like me who went to watch in spite of the warnings) 0/10 . Inglourious Basterds is looking like a oscar winner now.
And to add to that, PVR cinema Audi 1 has the worst audio and video system in the whole country I guess. Audio was getting disconnected many times and video was pathetic(we had another joke about the video that they have used downloaded pirated theater print for screening ;-) ).
Old 1st December 2009, 03:38   #1473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Exactly, i have seen lock stock two smoking barrels for first time. I didnt get head or tail of it. But, when i saw it again then i realized what a great movie it is. After that no stopping, have seen it over 20 times or more and i still can see a few dozen times again.

There are many movies that you cannot fathom at first instance. You have to delve deep into it to get the finer meaning and point it tries to make.
Just finished watching it.

lock stock two smoking barrels - I watched it first time today and really liked it. I found 'Revolver' better but this is also a must watch imo.

Rating- 4.5/5

The Thomas Crown Affair- Saw it on tv few days back. Story of wealthy art collector by pierce brosnan who steals a painting just for the fun of it and then the chase by insurance company and the police to get it from him. Quiet interesting all the time and would recommend it.

Rating- 4/5

Next on the list are - RocknRolla and Goodfellas.

Also dying to see Ninja Assasin
Old 2nd December 2009, 12:11   #1474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
She got nominated for an oscar, for her role as a stripper in the movie 'The wrestler' in 2008.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Check again Mahendra, her only Oscar came in 1993 for My Cousin Vinny.

Marisa Tomei - Awards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
First two are mere nominations, the third one is an actually win. For My Cousin Vinny in 1993. I don't understand your confusion...
Reading comprehension failure?
Old 2nd December 2009, 12:33   #1475
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Reading comprehension failure?
I was talking about her winning it, he was talking about nominations.
Old 2nd December 2009, 12:38   #1476
Senior - BHPian

Guys did anyone watch ONG BAK-2 on Sony pic channel this weekend. it would have been a treat for all the action film lovers
Old 2nd December 2009, 12:42   #1477
Senior - BHPian

Watched 'Seven Years in Tibet' starring Brad Pitt yesterday. It is a story about an arrogant Austrian climber, Heinrich Harrer who is forced to flee to Tibet and later on becomes a friend of the Dalai Lama. The film shows his journey into Tibet from Austria and the troubles he faces in getting there. The film also shows how the Chinese occupied Tibet. Overall, a good watch although a bit slow.

This is supposed to be a true story.

I would rate it 4/5.

P.S: It seems Brad Pitt is banned from entering China for ever after making this film (Source:Wikipedia)

Last edited by addyhemmige : 2nd December 2009 at 12:45. Reason: Source added
Old 2nd December 2009, 13:50   #1478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Guys did anyone watch ONG BAK-2 on Sony pic channel this weekend. it would have been a treat for all the action film lovers
I watched it. I liked the fight with an elephant used as a tool to kick,punch and do their stuff

Watched "The Contractor" starring Wesley Snipes

Story about an ex-CIA marksman recalled to wipe out a terrorist he missed earlier and how CIA double crosses him.

Pathetic story, no trademark snipes action and forceful acting by almost all.

Infact, Wesley Snipes seemed afraid of his predicament throughout the movie

1/5
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:49   #1479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Watched 'Seven Years in Tibet' starring Brad Pitt yesterday. It is a story about an arrogant Austrian climber, Heinrich Harrer who is forced to flee to Tibet and later on becomes a friend of the Dalai Lama. The film shows his journey into Tibet from Austria and the troubles he faces in getting there. The film also shows how the Chinese occupied Tibet. Overall, a good watch although a bit slow.

This is supposed to be a true story.

I would rate it 4/5.

P.S: It seems Brad Pitt is banned from entering China for ever after making this film (Source:Wikipedia)
Its a beautifully made movie, Its based on a true story. In fact His holiness Dalai Lama remained friends with heinrich until his death in 2006.

This movie was banned in China, including the entry of the cast to China.
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:50   #1480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
What is ONG BAK-2 by the way? Can you post the full form for the uninitiated?
Old 2nd December 2009, 15:41   #1481
Senior - BHPian

Its not an acronym its the 2nd part o the move Ong bak, you can read more Here & Here
Old 2nd December 2009, 15:52   #1482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Its a beautifully made movie, Its based on a true story. In fact His holiness Dalai Lama remained friends with heinrich until his death in 2006.

This movie was banned in China, including the entry of the cast to China.
Its really a nice movie. I remember a particular scene in which brad Pitt and his friend are tired and hungry while crossing the himalayas stop and wonder how to stay alive - suddenly in the next scene they are shown eating the horse. i was quite taken back. Movie was fantastic - i would rate it 5/5.

Yesterday, I saw the movie UP! (2009) - animated movie. Once again PIXAR has created some good stuff. The whole movie is rotated around an old man, his woman, house and his dream. Good one. ratings : 3/5
Old 2nd December 2009, 23:15   #1483
Senior - BHPian

Anyone else watched Ninja assasin- how is it?
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:11   #1484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Anyone else watched Ninja assasin- how is it?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1605847-post1466.html

Let me warn you that the stunts are supersonic ninja-fast and the brain won't catch up.
I'm gonna get a DVD when it releases and watch it in slow-mo.
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:40   #1485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Its not an acronym its the 2nd part o the move Ong bak, you can read more Here & Here
Oh it's a Thai movie, and I was trying to figure out what is the full form of it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks