Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2009, 14:04   #91
BHPian

Just saw all the parts of the movie SAW. parts 1-4 are absolute treat to watch but the 5th part is below average.
Old 17th March 2009, 14:43   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Just finished Phonebooth.

What a disappointment !!! An average movie with a stupid climax. But perhaps I was expecting too much.

1.5 stars only !!
Very true. Its a very small movie. And you are lucky not seeing in a hall like me
Old 18th March 2009, 09:29   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Thank you for Smoking
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
bblost - I love this movie. It's one of my favourites.
I absolutely loved this movie and didnt find the movie slow paced in anyway. A perfect movie of a loyal lobbyist even if it means thowing self morale to the winds knowing well, what he stands for is completely wrong but for him it's just a way of paying his mortgage.

Superb acting by Aaron Eckhert and that cute little fella who played his son.

A distinct and unique style of movie making and a cool insight of how lobbying world works. Though, I have read better books on this subject ( mostly John Grisham) but this movie ain't that bad.

I liked the initial credits of the movie too. Cool idea of listing names on different cigarette packs. Certainly worth a watch!

Rating : 3.5/5
Old 18th March 2009, 17:05   #94
BHPian

Watched the movie "World's Fastest Indian" starring Anthony Hopkins.Got this a Complimentary DVD with Over Drive earlier.

A true Biker's movie.

Rating - 4.5/5.
Old 19th March 2009, 00:10   #95
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Yeh lo, here is the biggest fan of her and other being yours truly.

I am planning to watch " The Insider" starring Russel Crowe Al Pacino . Any reviews,brick-bats etc?
Decent movie - based on true story.
Both Crowe & Pacino have acted well.
Old 19th March 2009, 10:16   #96
BHPian

Saw Movie "UNTRACEABLE" yesterday night

A secret service agent, Jennifer Marsh, gets caught in a very personal and deadly cat-and-mouse game with a serial killer who knows that people (being what they are - both curious and drawn to the dark side of things) will log onto an "untraceable" website where he conducts violent and painful murders LIVE on the net. The more people who log on and enter the website, the quicker and more violently the victim dies

Jennifer Marsh (Diane Lane) is a widowed single parent living in a suburban Portland home with her daughter Annie Haskins (Perla Haney-Jardine)

The movie is for short duration, and believe me there is not a single moment, where in u can think of looking here and there, apart from the movie screen.

Amazing story and nice concept, especially people who are computer oddballs

My Rating - 4.5 / 5
Old 21st March 2009, 23:38   #97
Senior - BHPian

Just saw these 2 movies today -

GRAN TORINO -

About Clint Eastwood, An old guy who just lost his wife and is also nearing his time. He makes friends with a Korean Teen who is his neighbour and gets into the young fights of the neighbourhood. He has a 1972 Gran Torino which everyone wants.

A very good performance by Clint. Not much of the car shown but nevertheless a very good movie. A bit boring at few scenes. I'd give it a 2.5 / 5.

SEVEN POUNDS -

I am a will smith fan and this movie is no doubt one of the best performance showers of Will. By the makers of Pursuit of Happyness. Not in the league of Pursuit but still good acting by almost all.

Very serious and sad movie. I would not give it full marks. Pursuit was a very feel good movie in the end. This was way serious.

Again a 3/5 only for the acting of Will. Watch it if you are in the mood of serious cinema. Cry Cry during the end.

Last edited by vkochar : 21st March 2009 at 23:39.
Old 23rd March 2009, 14:15   #98
BHPian

Vkochar,

What a conicidence!!I watched Gran Torino this weekend.

An Average Movie.A bit slow some times and the car does not even get started once in the whole movie.

RATING : 2.5 /5

Watched another Wonderful movie "Blood Diamond". Prettyfast movie and shows the inside of "Diamond" business.

RATING : 4.5/5
Old 23rd March 2009, 15:42   #99
BHPian

Watched these movies over the weekend.

Bedtime Stories (2008)

A family comedy about a hotel handyman whose life changes when the lavish bedtime stories he tells his niece and nephew start to magically come true.

Typical Adam sandler stuff, pretty enjoyable to watch especially with your kids.

Inkheart (2008)

A young girl discovers her father has an amazing talent to bring characters out of their books and must try to stop a freed villain from destroying them all, with the help of her father, her aunt, and a storybook's hero.

I just love watching all Brendan Fraser movies, although in this one i felt he was not his best. If you enjoy fantasy movies, this is a good one to watch.
Old 23rd March 2009, 17:25   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
I just love watching all Brendan Fraser movies, although in this one i felt he was not his best. If you enjoy fantasy movies, this is a good one to watch.
Watch ' Journey to the centre of the earth ' if you have not !

It's quite a grand movie with amazing & breathtaking views and scenes. Brendan plays a scientist who is looking / seeking to find the center of the earth and he does !!

Released around 6 months back, it was quite a hit in the US. Don't know about India.

Watch it with family and you would love it.
Old 23rd March 2009, 18:09   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

It's quite a grand movie with amazing & breathtaking views and scenes. Brendan plays a scientist who is looking / seeking to find the center of the earth and he does !!
You neglected to mention Jules Verne
Old 23rd March 2009, 22:52   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Already seen it; don't miss his movies.
Old 24th March 2009, 12:03   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Has anyone managed to watch Little Zizou yet????
I watched it yesterdaywith not more then 15 people in the theatre but it was a fun movie. They could have made it a bit longer also and it would have been better. All have played their part well with John Abraham in a very small role.

Boman and Mahabanoo Mody Kotwal are good.

Mansi
Old 24th March 2009, 13:03   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw " One Missed Call" last night. It's based on a Japanese movie ( isnt all good horror movies are?) but this english adaptation wasn't that great.

Teenagers get voice mail messages from people after their death from their phone. Actually a neat concept but not handled well. IMO, music is a key element to bring that aura for horrors/suspense which was entirely missing in this movie.

Finally, It's just a time pass movie with a few or almost no scare scenes

***1.5/5
Old 24th March 2009, 13:28   #105
BHPian

saw the movie" downfall" yesterday night.

the guy who played hitler was really good ,overall the whole movie was like an eye opener.should feel really lucky we did not belong to that era.

have seen similar movies like 'the rise of the evil ' and most recently valkyrie.

Most Viewed