Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2009, 22:58   #661
BHPian

Saw Mongol Mongol (2007) - the story of how Gengis Khan came into being and quite liked it.
my rating 4/5
I hear there is pending sequel in plans - any idea when that is coming
Old 29th June 2009, 23:24   #662
Senior - BHPian

Transformers : Revenge of the Fallen

Superb graphics and action sequences but lack of storyline. The first Tranformers had a better flow. Plus this one is nearly 2hrs 30mins long nearly.

I would rate it 3/5
Old 30th June 2009, 10:10   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
Is it released yet? did u watch it online?
Released. Watched both of these in the theater. Transformers 2 is only released on the IMAX big screen, I guess.
Old 30th June 2009, 12:18   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
Saw Mongol Mongol (2007) - the story of how Gengis Khan came into being and quite liked it.
my rating 4/5
I hear there is pending sequel in plans - any idea when that is coming
I loved Mongol and would like to thank Sam Kapasi for the movie. But for his post I would have given the movie a miss.
Old 30th June 2009, 12:49   #665
Senior - BHPian

Am eagerly waiting for Ice Age 3.
Old 30th June 2009, 13:07   #666
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched the following movies over the last week

City of God : Dont have enough words to describe this move, its just superb. It is one of the most facinating crime movies ever made and will make our hindi gangster movies look as if they were romantic movies. Must watch. 4.5/5

Crank : Fast paced action movie starring a dishevelled ( not digestable) Jason Statham. It is a good movie for action lovers but i didnt find it over the top. Also, it is ok to watch with family too except for the china town scene which was aptly deleted from the DVD. And, ofcourse every sentence has the customary swearing though. 3.5/5

Got "Attack Force" a Seagal movie delivered, will watch it sometime this week.

Last edited by mobike008 : 30th June 2009 at 13:09.
Old 30th June 2009, 14:17   #667
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched Terminator-Salvation last weekend. Its definitely better than T3- which was a joke; but T2 still continues to be light years ahead in the Terminator series. And the Terminator role really fits Arnie the best.

Last edited by theMAG : 30th June 2009 at 14:18.
Old 30th June 2009, 15:27   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
And the Terminator role really fits Arnie the best.
agree and I would love to see Arnie again as I am a huge fan - but Arnie has lost his physique and has other political things to concentrate on - so i guess we will have to survive on digital arnie
Also Bale has done amazing things in every movie and that includes dramatically altering his physique (both anorexic in machinist and muscular as bates). So i guess guys like him deserve to be in terminator. Although i must say his role in terminator is not as substantial as compared to his past work
Old 30th June 2009, 17:41   #669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
agree and I would love to see Arnie again as I am a huge fan - but Arnie has lost his physique and has other political things to concentrate on - so i guess we will have to survive on digital arnie
Also Bale has done amazing things in every movie and that includes dramatically altering his physique (both anorexic in machinist and muscular as bates). So i guess guys like him deserve to be in terminator. Although i must say his role in terminator is not as substantial as compared to his past work
just finished downloading "the hangover". will see it later this week. anybody got reviews? just got lazy to browse previous posts.
Old 30th June 2009, 17:49   #670
BHPian

Watched Sky Fighters.A french movie about fighters dubbed in english.

Really a very good movie

Last edited by reddy6980 : 30th June 2009 at 17:49. Reason: Spell check
Old 30th June 2009, 17:49   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
just finished downloading "the hangover". will see it later this week. anybody got reviews? just got lazy to browse previous posts.
Check out the trailer in youtube and decide it for yourself

From what i heard this is the movie of the year so far. The theatre version of this movie here has a lot of cuts .

Anyone seen the 2012 trailer. Mindblowing is an understatement.
Old 30th June 2009, 17:54   #672
BHPian

I watched Hangover this weekend. Its hilarious! Must watch! ( dont expect a clean family comedy though )
Old 30th June 2009, 20:05   #673
Senior - BHPian

Didn't like the X-men Wolverine at all. Found it like a glorified stupid bollywood masala movie. I want my 120Rs back;-)

Watched Angels & Demons and kind of liked it, much better than Da-vinci code. Although I found the book was much better and thrilling than the movie. But it's difficult to put everything in a 2hour movie. Decent watch.

Hellboy 1 & 2, liked the 1st part. 2nd part was so so (mostly the soundtrack in my avi was not good hence I couldn't enjoy the movie)

Into the Wild : awesome movie, and what an amazing cinematography. America never looked more beautiful. Don't miss it.

BTW, guys, have seen some good offers on DVD's recently, many good titles are available for Rs 99 and 199 at temptation (I hope I got the name correctly). All are eagle video DVD's.
Old 1st July 2009, 13:24   #674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Into the Wild : awesome movie, and what an amazing cinematography. America never looked more beautiful. Don't miss it.

BTW, guys, have seen some good offers on DVD's recently, many good titles are available for Rs 99 and 199 at temptation (I hope I got the name correctly). All are eagle video DVD's.
Into the wild, is it a thriller or drama?

Would be nice if you can list the name of movies available for that price, it would be worth buying some if they are the collectors item types.
Old 1st July 2009, 17:13   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Into the wild, is it a thriller or drama?
It's kind of adventure type movie. It's based on a true story of the protagonist's life. More details here,
Into the Wild (2007)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Into_the_Wild_(film)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Would be nice if you can list the name of movies available for that price, it would be worth buying some if they are the collectors item types.
I bought the following titles,
Deer hunter - 199
I'm sam -99
Crash - 99
Se7en - 199
Alexander - 99
Captain Correli's mandolin - 99
Longest Day 299 (2 disc edition: this was not from Eagle DVD)

I think they also had Bridget Jone's Diary, Rush hour etc..

BTW, there is package of Matrix (all 3 parts and 2 additional discs) for 1299/- availlable now at the stores(got mine from Landmark). LOTR package I think everyone is aware of already. I'm looking for Pirates of the Caribbean-Curse of the black pearl, but not available anywhere :-(.

Last edited by kaushik_s : 1st July 2009 at 17:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks