Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2009, 17:17   #676
gump

Saw T4 - Salvation

The movie started well, but half hour later it was kinda boring. atleast the next part of the Terminator movie should be given to a decent director.

Old 1st July 2009, 20:49   #677
BHPian

Just seen 21 Grams (Sean Penn, Benicio Del Toro, Naomi Watts, Melissa Leo). This movie is a mix of the genres of Memento and Babel. The story is about a Mathematician getting a heart transplant, a lady coming to terms with the loss of her family in an accident and an ex con trying to lead a straight life and the emotional upheavals that each character goes through while coming to terms with these events in their respective lives.

In the acting department Del Toro is outstanding. Naomi Watts and Sean Penn have excelled in their author backed roles. The nonlinear narrative keeps the left brain of the viewer engaged all the time. A must watch.

Last edited by tortoiseNhare : 1st July 2009 at 20:56.
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:02   #678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
Transformers : Revenge of the Fallen

Superb graphics and action sequences but lack of storyline. The first Tranformers had a better flow. Plus this one is nearly 2hrs 30mins long nearly.

I would rate it 3/5
Does anyone know when this film is releasing here?
Old 3rd July 2009, 12:12   #679
Senior - BHPian

Yes Its next weekend
Old 3rd July 2009, 13:25   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
I watched Hangover this weekend. Its hilarious! Must watch! ( dont expect a clean family comedy though )
+1 to that
Saw it Tuesday night at PVR Juhu the 11pm show & it was housefull. Folks, be warned, you'll either have a paining jawline or your stomach will hurt. I have not seen a more HOWLarious movie in a very very long time. The bearded guy Alan (his real name is Zach Galifianakis) is the next big thing. Its Rated 'R' so don't expect any clean comedy. Its an awesome watch. Go watch it. And please don't miss the end credits!

5* from me, for sure!
Old 3rd July 2009, 17:51   #681
BANNED

Seen The Interpreter *ing Kidman & Sean Penn.

Rating : 2.5/5
Old 5th July 2009, 03:31   #682
Senior - BHPian

Transformers 2 review - 3.5/5

Hi All

Just an hour back saw Transformers 2.

Its bloody awesome. The CGI is among the best i have seen. Typical micheal bay film. loads of action in those 2.30 hrs. gets a bit slow in between but has very good action sequence to keep you in the seat.The story is where it lacks a soul. its absurd. could have been better thought of. but such movies hardly have any brains.

Coming to the cars. they look fantastic and has the necessary vow factor to them. stingray concept, camaro, beat looks great and would very much want them in the market asap. There are plenty of bots included this time to have a field day.

The romance is nothing to talk about, megan fox looks Hot but can't act. The twins try to make us laugh but they hardly manage it. There were some non-bots scene that indeed made me laugh

If story is what you are looking for, look elsewhere, if you want larger than life movie that has mind boggling special effects, super fast action with a little bit of slow-mo thrown in, watch Transformers 2.

reportedly, some portion of Megan fox are created through CGI.

and i guess there is a third part coming too. looking at how it ends.

Worth a watch atleast once. and recommended to watch in theater

3.5/5
Old 5th July 2009, 04:04   #683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
+1 to that
Saw it Tuesday night at PVR Juhu the 11pm show & it was housefull. Folks, be warned, you'll either have a paining jawline or your stomach will hurt. I have not seen a more HOWLarious movie in a very very long time. The bearded guy Alan (his real name is Zach Galifianakis) is the next big thing. Its Rated 'R' so don't expect any clean comedy. Its an awesome watch. Go watch it. And please don't miss the end credits!

5* from me, for sure!
+1.
saw it an hour back.
Hilarious and fun to watch.
next is ice age 3 today.
Old 6th July 2009, 10:57   #684
Team-BHP Support

Garfield

The lazy fat cat is here, this time in a movie of his own. I've always enjoyed the comic series, and so wanted to catch this movie when it hit the big screen. However, that was not to be, and so managed to catch it on DVD.

The movie does try to keep you engrossed, and i quite liked Garfield as well as the dog playing the role of Odie. Jennifer Love Hewitt is wasted as Jon's love interest.

Worth a watch, to while away a rainy Sunday afternoon.

Bennyboy Rating : ***

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-garfieldmovieposter.jpg

Last edited by benbsb29 : 6th July 2009 at 10:58.
Old 6th July 2009, 11:36   #685
Senior - BHPian

These are the movies i saw over the last couple of days:
1. Dont Drink The Water - starring Michael J Fox, Woody Allen. Fox is left in charge of a US Embassy behind the Iron Curtain somewhere in the 60s, when his Ambassador dad leaves for US to persue a cabinet post. In comes the Hollander family, vacationing there. Allen accidentally takes a picture of a sensitive region and gets labelled a spy. The family takes refuge in the Embassy. What happens after that is really funny.
Watch it.

2. Requiem for a Dream - Oh my gawd what a movie. Its about three junkies who will go through anything to get their next score. And also the mother of one of the junkies, who is a TV addict and goes spiralling down the path of uppers to lose weight thinking that she is going to be on TV, with terrifying consequences.
Watch it as a dare.

Thats all folks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th July 2009 at 15:22. Reason: Splitting the post
Old 6th July 2009, 13:47   #686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Watched the following movies over the last week

City of God : Dont have enough words to describe this move, its just superb. It is one of the most facinating crime movies ever made and will make our hindi gangster movies look as if they were romantic movies. Must watch. 4.5/5
Nice film. You donno what happens, eh, dies next!
Not an English film though.
3.5/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Just seen 21 Grams (Sean Penn, Benicio Del Toro, Naomi Watts, Melissa Leo). This movie is a mix of the genres of Memento and Babel. The story is about a Mathematician getting a heart transplant, a lady coming to terms with the loss of her family in an accident and an ex con trying to lead a straight life and the emotional upheavals that each character goes through while coming to terms with these events in their respective lives.

In the acting department Del Toro is outstanding. Naomi Watts and Sean Penn have excelled in their author backed roles. The nonlinear narrative keeps the left brain of the viewer engaged all the time. A must watch.
21 grams; another good film worth watching. Was wondering how 21grams became the films name until I saw it.
Old 6th July 2009, 14:15   #687
BHPian

Saw Terminator Salvation. First half is very good. After having watched two kannada movies in the same theater; i was grinning hearing the explosions, sound effects and visual treat.

Overall it disappoints. Last bit isnt exciting, like a B-grade action flick. if it had a strong script, it would have been something. There is no connection to characters (you wont be saying "Eyelll bee bakkk")
Old 6th July 2009, 14:16   #688
BHPian

More and more BHPians are into world cinema it seems but the Pure Cinema thread ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...re-cinema.html ) is long forgotten. May I suggest to the mods the following
1. Merge the English Movies and Pure Cinema threads into a new thread called World Cinema.
2. Rename the Hindi Movies thread into Indian Cinema in order to incorporate discussion about other Indian regional language movies too.
Old 6th July 2009, 14:22   #689
Team-BHP Support

Saw the following on the weekend:

Oceans 11 - Very Nice
Oceans 12 - Below Average
Unbreakable - Average
Old 6th July 2009, 14:32   #690
BHPian

I found Unbreakable to be a good movie. Superheroes can be among us.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks