Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2009, 11:28   #886
Team-BHP Support

I caught this movie on Star Movies last night.
The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-thecondemned.jpg

The Condemned (2007)

Ok, so the acting is BAD. The story is predictable. The Camera work shoddy and the special effects not so great.

BUT
This movie is GOOD.
10 condemned awaiting death prisoners are picked up by a Director of a reality show. They are placed on an island.
This show will be on the Internet. Subscribers will get to watch the 10 kill themselves. The survivor will be set free and get a cash reward.
All the convicts are wearing a gps tracker and it will explode if removed. So what happens to the convicts. Do they survive or kill each other.
Old 18th August 2009, 12:23   #887
Distinguished - BHPian

I too had watched Condemned a few weeks ago and found the movie engrossing and highly watchable.

I like Vinni Jones so that made it even more watchable. Steve Austin went through the movie like a zombie ( which is expected of such muscular gentlemen)
Old 19th August 2009, 15:14   #888
Senior - BHPian

Watched Scarface yesterday. A must watch, specially for Al Pacino. Man, it seems hundreds of hindi movies have stolen scenes/ideas from this movies.
Old 20th August 2009, 00:22   #889
Senior - BHPian

watched Firefox over weekend. based on a novel by the same name.

Typical coldwar movie, starring clint eastwood.
Old 20th August 2009, 10:44   #890
BHPian

Watched a couple of movies recently:

1. Wild Strawberries: Picked up on this over on the "pure cinema" thread. Boy, were amitoj and the guys right or what. Very nice watch, nice pace, and Bergman manages to keep the attention of the viewer throughout the movie. Awesome!!!

2. House of 1000 corpses: Rob Zombie flick, what Sam would call "industrial trash". Loved it. Any lovers of B Cinema would like it. Good score and fast paced. About a family of psycho family living in a deserted farmhouse, and a group of young people who fall into their clutches. It does help that Sheri Moon (now Zombie's wife) is hotttt!!!

3. Devil's Rejects: Sequel to the above. More of the same. House of.... is much better IMO.

4. Scoop: Woody Allen movie, with himself, Hugh Jackman and Scarlett Johansson. Very funny in parts. Allen has a lot of really funny lines. Johansson is good as the "investigative reporter" who falls for the object of her investigation. Jackman is just ok. Watch it if you like Allen. Nothing like Vicki Christina.... though, be warned.

5. Hero: Jet Li starrer. Directed by Zhang Yimou (hope I got the spelling correct). Decent watch, albeit too much of that Crouching Tiger.... type flying around and all. Must watch for martial arts fans.

Planning to watch The Spirit. Any views?

PS: Also watched the first 3 episodes of BBCs Planet Earth in HD (720p). And, boy, was it good or what.
Old 20th August 2009, 10:49   #891
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Watched a couple of movies recently:

1. Wild Strawberries: Picked up on this over on the "pure cinema" thread. Boy, were amitoj and the guys right or what. Very nice watch, nice pace, and Bergman manages to keep the attention of the viewer throughout the movie. Awesome!!!
A big thanks to Amitoj indeed. Do watch Cries and Whispers as well. I'm sure you will be bowled over.
Old 20th August 2009, 15:17   #892
Senior - BHPian

Watched - Gone baby gone last night.
Didn't knew it has been directed by Ben affleck.

Nice movie. Story is about a missing girl and her retrieval.
It could have been better if they had taken some other actor for the lead role of the detective. imo he was not as impressive as a private detective should be.
Anyways its a nice one time watch movie.

rating - 3/5

Next is G.I.Joe on faturday(kaminey effect)
Old 20th August 2009, 16:01   #893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post

It could have been better if they had taken some other actor for the lead role of the detective. imo he was not as impressive as a private detective should be.

rating - 3/5

Next is G.I.Joe on faturday(kaminey effect)
And the 'hero' is his brother
Old 20th August 2009, 16:06   #894
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post

rating - 3/5
I didnt like the ending though. Not appropriate

Watched " Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" starring Robert Downey Jr and Val Kilmer.

Its a story of a petty robber ( Robert) accidentally getting selected for a movie role of a detective as he bumps into an audition. He is trained by a tough gay private eye ( Val) and during their training they get involved in some real incidents.

Its a very intelligent comedy and thriller movie and i absolutely loved Robert Downey Jr. His narration,voice and acting is superb. Val Kilmer was also quite good.

Its a bit confusing in the beginning but it picks up pretty good speed.

3/5
Old 20th August 2009, 16:13   #895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
And the 'hero' is his brother
Well that explains it exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I didnt like the ending though. Not appropriate

Watched " Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" starring Robert Downey Jr and Val Kilmer.

Its a story of a petty robber ( Robert) accidentally getting selected for a movie role of a detective as he bumps into an audition. He is trained by a tough gay private eye ( Val) and during their training they get involved in some real incidents.

Its a very intelligent comedy and thriller movie and i absolutely loved Robert Downey Jr. His narration,voice and acting is superb. Val Kilmer was also quite good.

Its a bit confusing in the beginning but it picks up pretty good speed.

3/5
Me too.
There was no need for the detective to return the child to her mother who never cared for her.

WIll watch -" Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" (interesting title) after i watch - The notebook(had heard quiet a few good reviews for it)
Old 20th August 2009, 17:06   #896
BHPian

G.I Joe Rise of the Cobra

Did anyone get to watch G.I Joe -Rise of the Cobra ?? the promos look real neat..hope they have included snow job, hung ho, fire fly, short-fuze, snake eyes et al...
Old 20th August 2009, 17:29   #897
Senior - BHPian

Just watched "The Hangover".

Superb comedy and had me in splits.

Must watch. Parental discretion advised as explicit language is used in the movie.

Rating - 3.5/5

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Also watched "Duplicity" over the weekend.

Starring Clive Owen and Julia Roberts.

Worth a watch.

3/5 Rating for this one.
Old 21st August 2009, 09:01   #898
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Reservoir Dogs

Why does Tarantino like the red colour? Not that I'm complaining. But was just wondering if there is anything associated with it.

To me, it was not the best Tarantino movie. Maybe I had high expectations, but somehow a bit disappointed. It's about a few thugs strangers to each other about to pull off a string. Things go messy and the red stuff spills all over.

Rating: 2.5/5
Old 21st August 2009, 10:10   #899
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Reservoir Dogs

Why does Tarantino like the red colour? Not that I'm complaining. But was just wondering if there is anything associated with it.

To me, it was not the best Tarantino movie. Maybe I had high expectations, but somehow a bit disappointed. It's about a few thugs strangers to each other about to pull off a string. Things go messy and the red stuff spills all over.

Rating: 2.5/5
This happens to be one of my favorite QT movie but probably a lot less favorite than Pulp Fiction. It's my guess that this movie started the reverse chronological story telling in Hollywood cinema, i may be wrong here.

Btw, i loved the Madsen dialogue to Harvey Kietel :

Are you gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite ....LOL

Last edited by mobike008 : 21st August 2009 at 10:13. Reason: added the dialogue of RD
Old 21st August 2009, 10:52   #900
BHPian

How about this one:

Madsen: Hey Joe, you want me to shoot this guy?
Keitel: ****... You shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks