Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2009, 11:53   #1411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Saw 'Taken' on sunday.
Really liked it. I cant rem the guy's name who played the gal's father but he has done a damn good job. Would highly recommend it. I think the best thing about this movie is its pace which doesnt drops even for a sec.
Rating -4.5/5
Great action and very touching too! Superb movie. 4.5/5.

GOOD LUCK. (In Albanian)
Old 19th November 2009, 15:39   #1412
Senior - BHPian

Inglorious Basterds

Watched Inglorious Basterds last night. Inglourious Basterds (2009)

Quentin Tarantino style from the Kill Bill series is carried over to this movie too! (Chapter 1, Chapter 2)

All in all, forgetting/forgiving the factual errors, it was a good movie and was definitely worth watching. (albeit, a little lengthy)

RATING: 3.5/5
Old 19th November 2009, 15:50   #1413
Senior - BHPian

Saw Requiem For a Dream the other day.A really dark,realistic and depressing movie about drug abuse.The ending is really sad.Excellent cinematography and a good watch!

Requiem for a Dream (2000)
The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-requiem_for_a_dream.jpg
Old 19th November 2009, 16:12   #1414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Watched "Taken" starring Liam Neeson a few days back----it is a great action movie. I'd rate it as 4 / 5.
I have it on my laptop, and thought of seeing a few minutes of it as it was already 11 pm---but could not stop till the end.
Quote:
Saw 'Taken' on sunday.
Really liked it. I cant rem the guy's name who played the gal's father but he has done a damn good job. Would highly recommend it. I think the best thing about this movie is its pace which doesnt drops even for a sec.
Rating -4.5/5
Good, your rating almost matches with mine a month ago. That guy was Liam Neeson.
I still have it on my laptop and my wife also saw it recently and found it to be great.
Old 19th November 2009, 16:27   #1415
BHPian

Saw "2012" yesterday night. I must say iI didn't like the movie and that too from the very begining. The whole story line is too predictive just like 80's - 90's bollywood flick and the "HERO"(i must see he is a hero in the film) - John Cusack has over acted in the film. I mean every now and then the whole city is collapsing but this man saves his family and himself just in the nick of time. EVERY TIME ??? while the rest in the city go to the earth's crust. .
the film is only about Special effects and that too are toooo repetitive nowadays.
Old 19th November 2009, 17:45   #1416
Senior - BHPian

Watched '2012' at waves on tuesday night.
I loved it. Graphics are the best i had seen. story is of one line and end was a drag though.
Rating - 4.5/5
Old 19th November 2009, 18:04   #1417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridsahmed View Post
Saw "2012" yesterday night. I must say iI didn't like the movie and that too from the very begining. The whole story line is too predictive just like 80's - 90's bollywood flick and the "HERO"(i must see he is a hero in the film) - John Cusack has over acted in the film. I mean every now and then the whole city is collapsing but this man saves his family and himself just in the nick of time. EVERY TIME ??? while the rest in the city go to the earth's crust. .
the film is only about Special effects and that too are toooo repetitive nowadays.
Exactly ! A movie with a hero role any Indian actors will dream off

Quote:
Watched '2012' at waves on tuesday night.
I loved it. Graphics are the best i had seen. story is of one line and end was a drag though.
Rating - 4.5/5
Graphics is good. They didnt play the movie that loud enough here.

Loved the car collection in that cargo place and that voice activated stuff !
Old 19th November 2009, 18:27   #1418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Saw Requiem For a Dream the other day.A really dark,realistic and depressing movie about drug abuse.The ending is really sad.Excellent cinematography and a good watch!

Requiem for a Dream (2000)
Attachment 230728
this is one of those few movies which are sick disgusting and Brilliant at the same time
Old 19th November 2009, 19:12   #1419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Exactly ! A movie with a hero role any Indian actors will dream off

Graphics is good. They didnt play the movie that loud enough here.

Loved the car collection in that cargo place and that voice activated stuff !
one of my friends commented in between - this is a hindi movie wth english lang' . I agree to an extent

the voice activation was a kool scene imo.
Old 19th November 2009, 23:27   #1420
Senior - BHPian

Saw Goodwill Hunting.Fantastic movie.Robbin Williams does a Dead Poets' Society again! He is simply brilliant.So is Matt Damon.
Matt Damon is a mathematical genius,but works as a janitor in MIT.He's also a clueless and aimless vandal.Robbins Williams,a veteran teacher shows him the way in life! A must-watch.The last scene is simply superb.
Good Will Hunting (1997)
The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-goodwillhuntingdvdcover.jpg
Old 20th November 2009, 08:25   #1421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
one of my friends commented in between - this is a hindi movie wth english lang' . I agree to an extent

only difference is that the hindi movie will have cheap and low quality graphics !!
well cmon this movie cost 200 mil dollars to make that is approximately 800 crores in indian money.
the costliest movie until now i think is blue which people went gaga over the cinematography and all which costs around 125 crores.
Old 20th November 2009, 09:23   #1422
BHPian

Quote:
This scene was borrowed from the movie "Live or DIE hard 4" where in the "John Mclean - bruce wilis & the other smart guy try steal a car - but to their surprise the car has no key hole !!! they realize its a voice recognition & personalized system. They call the call center of the car company and then by trick get the car started.

IMO - The whole movie is copy & paste of small scenes from many known & unknown hollywood flicks.
Old 20th November 2009, 23:24   #1423
Senior - BHPian

watched!

Dog day afternoon.
Al Pacino starer. Its based on a true story about a bank robbery

I will recommend it.
Old 21st November 2009, 03:21   #1424
Senior - BHPian

Watched Inglourius Basterds just now. I must say I was totally disappointed and even disgusted with this movie. Over-hype and the glaring errors made me pulling out my hair. The best(worst) part was that the whole German top brass in midst of the war watching a movie that too in Paris WITHOUT a single German soldier securing the premises. Yeah, they were having walk in the park in peace time. Killing Hitler was so easy, piece of cake!!! Only for Tarantino's movie making style one can watch this movie and one need to erase all the history that you've learned before one goes to watch this movie. And this movie got 8.5 rating at IMDB?? I'm just clueless what is going on. Probably I should stop watching movies. My rating would 2.5/5, watchable only for the style probably, almost 0 in substance. Atleast Tarantino should've kept a fictional movie to fictional characters instead of real ones.

EDIT: It seems like I didn't like 3 movies which is highly recommended here, first District 9(thinking about IB now District 9 was far better), Paranormal Activities and now IB. Oh I didn't like Transformer 2 also that much. 1st transformer was better and funny. Anyway I'm back to watching little bit older movies now. "A few good men" is next in line. Probably would skip 2012 too.

Agree with SirAlec, Dog Day Afternoon is a good movie. Al Pacino was really good in that movie. My rating : 4/5..

Last edited by kaushik_s : 21st November 2009 at 03:33.
Old 21st November 2009, 09:56   #1425
BHPian

Planning to watch MUNICH today. Good choice or any alternate recommendations?

Most Viewed