Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2010, 17:00   #1891
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I saw Matt Damon starring "The Informant" which based on a true story of a person who becomes a whistleblower but actually ends going to jail. The story is fast paced and gripping with lots of twists and turns and the Matt Damon has potrayed the emotions really well.

I would give it 3.5/5
The best performance of Matt Dillon, IMO - The Talented Mr. Ripley. Do watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Saw 'Frank Miller's Sincity' in bits & pieces as I was mainly watching American Gangster on other channel

The narrative looked very much like the Game 'Max Payne'.

How is the movie? Worth watching?
I was just about to write about the same movie. I too watched it for about 15 mins in the morning and decided to check it out in IMDB. The reviews are pretty good and guess what? Quentin Tarantino is the guest director along with Rodriguez. So, it cannot be that bad. But lets get to see what fellow members think about it.
Old 12th March 2010, 17:36   #1892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Agree with you Anil. The movie is engrossing and is really a delight to watch. Edward Norton is too good in this movie.

Another movie in the same genre which you can also watch, if not already - Prestige.
Yeah, seen it. Nolan & Bale at their best, with the delectable Scarlett Johansson, my favorite. Another movie i saw recently was Cassandra's Dream, very different from Woody Allen directed movies, entertaining nonetheless. Pretty decent movie.
Old 12th March 2010, 17:42   #1893
BHPian

Quote:
Saw 'Frank Miller's Sincity' in bits & pieces as I was mainly watching American Gangster on other channel

The narrative looked very much like the Game 'Max Payne'.

How is the movie? Worth watching?
Ohhhhh....... yes.
Sincity is one of my all time favorites.
Its a beautifully set film in a beautiful atmosphere.
Its a must see. It's Sinsational.
Old 12th March 2010, 17:44   #1894
Senior - BHPian

Cool will try to catch it during one of the re-runs
Old 12th March 2010, 17:51   #1895
BHPian

^^
Just one suggestion:

Its R Rated movie for violence and blood.
There will be a lot of scenes in the telecasted movie which will be omitted.
I would suggest watching on a DVD.
Old 12th March 2010, 18:11   #1896
Senior - BHPian

Hmm I think its high time I took membership at BigFlix.
Old 12th March 2010, 18:32   #1897
BHPian

Quote:
I have membership of Seventymm while one my friends have had BigFlix account; though I am OK with Seventymm services, he had quite a harrowing time with BigFlix so I'd recommend trying both of 'em with their one month membership plans before taking the final call.
Old 12th March 2010, 18:35   #1898
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I recommend you do that immediately

1st year : I paid Rs.1800/Annum for 1-CD plan

2nd Year : I am in my second year and paid Rs.2300/Annum for 1-CD Plan

Its a steal from what other DVD stores charge for a single DVD for a single day
Old 12th March 2010, 19:25   #1899
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Guys, I will check out what all is available near my area, I have not heard about 70mm so will check that out as well. Will also need to find the closest bigflix shop.
Old 12th March 2010, 19:46   #1900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
The best performance of Matt Dillon, IMO - The Talented Mr. Ripley. Do watch it.
I have seen that but believe me, he is no less in this one.
Old 14th March 2010, 22:21   #1901
BHPian

Caught up the following movies this weekend.

Fantastic Mr. Fox: It is an animated movie but a little different on its part.Has top line actors playing the voices of the characters. Maybe I am a little too far, from recalling a fox is very cunning and goes on stealing. This is what the whole movie is all about. Didn't like it though. Its okay for a one time watch, but missing it you wont repent anything.
Rating: 2/5

Law Abiding citizen : A totally different genre i would say. You would sometimes ask yourself, who exactly is the hero of the movie.?Somethings are not digestable and seems will not ever work out, but then its then directors freedom and we cannot do much about it.
Rating: 3/5

Orphan: A horror/thriller movie, which shows how a child adoption goes horribly wrong, where the adopted girl 'Esther' tries to do nasty things in your house, w/o you even knowing it. A chiller kind of a movie and why she is up to it has been defined well.
Rating: 4/5
Old 14th March 2010, 23:02   #1902
Team-BHP Support

Saw Munich today.

Based on events post the 1972 olympics in which Israeli athletes were kidnapped and murdered, the movie is about Mossaad's revenge. Found the movie slightly long (165mins) and the revenge too easy at times. But it was nice. 2.75 stars
Old 15th March 2010, 08:38   #1903
Senior - BHPian

Crazy Heart : Story of an over the hill, alcoholic country singer, played by Jeff Bridges. Since i like country music, it was easy for me to like this movie as well. Jeff has put in a truly Oscar deserving performance. Ably supported by Maggie Gyllenhaal and Robert Duvall. I felt Colin Farrell was a poor choice for a country singer.
Watch it for Jeff Bridges' performance though. The story isn't much to write about however.
Old 15th March 2010, 14:39   #1904
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
I have membership of Seventymm while one my friends have had BigFlix account; though I am OK with Seventymm services, he had quite a harrowing time with BigFlix so I'd recommend trying both of 'em with their one month membership plans before taking the final call.
I am a bigflix member since Sep'08. I "always" had a good experience with them. Maybe your friend was unlucky !

Quote:
Thanks Guys, I will check out what all is available near my area, I have not heard about 70mm so will check that out as well. Will also need to find the closest bigflix shop.
Why do you need the Bigflix store location? If your opting for 1-CD plan. You need to send pick-up request and they collect at your doorstep, very promptly.

This pick-up request can be done either on their website or via. SMS. However, a point to remember, if you want a new DVD delivered next day, this request has to go through before Midnight.
Old 15th March 2010, 15:23   #1905
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps horror genre fans can do themselves a favour by watching 1408. Quite a good film based on a Stephen King story. No actual creepy aliens or other stuff but quite chilling nevertheless. I watched the version with the alternate ending.

Also watched The Blind Side on the weekend. Another good (and engaging) movie though frankly not that worthy of an Oscar win (IMHO) for best actress. I would go so far to say that perhaps Quniton Aron (portraying Michael Oher) put in a better performance. However, I do not begrudge Sandra Bullock her Oscar considering the other nominees (boring Julie and Julia/Streep) and also because of the fact that Sandra Bullock is one of my favourite Hollywood actresses.

Most Viewed