Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2010, 19:28   #2056
Senior - BHPian

Watched Ever After

Its a modernized version of Cinderella. A really good movie. Good romantic scene, Great cinematography, Great locations and overall good story. Drew Barrymore is excellent and can almost pass of as Cinderella.

A must watch for romantic genre lover. 4/5

@Mobike008. Please do watch the entire x-men series. its good

Last edited by chevelle : 10th April 2010 at 19:30.
Old 11th April 2010, 02:50   #2057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
The overall feel towards the end of "The Mist" is a bit like "Cloverfield". Though they are both very different movies but you only realise towards the end as to what is killing everybody.

Did anyone else like Cloverfield?
Me me, I liked Cloverfield, a very different take on monster movie and I must I really liked the idea and the execution. It's basically the fear of the unknown which keeps you on the edge of the seat most of the time.

Watched Toy Story recently, I simply adored the movie. Got the Toy Story 2 from Bigflix now and will watch it tomorrow. 8/10
Did a rerun of Forrest Gump, watched it long back and a rerun on blu-ray really worth it just for some of the amazing visuals of America during Forrest's run. Ofcourse the movie itself is very very good with amazing acting by one Mr. Hanks.
Old 12th April 2010, 14:26   #2058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Me me, I liked Cloverfield, a very different take on monster movie and I must I really liked the idea and the execution. It's basically the fear of the unknown which keeps you on the edge of the seat most of the time.
if you enjoyed Cloverfield then you may also want to check out this Spanish movie called REC. It's a horror movie but the story is presented and executed Cloverfield style. FYI the hollywood remake of REC is also quite good. It's called Quarantine.
Old 12th April 2010, 14:33   #2059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
if you enjoyed Cloverfield then you may also want to check out this Spanish movie called REC. It's a horror movie but the story is presented and executed Cloverfield style. FYI the hollywood remake of REC is also quite good. It's called Quarantine.
Quarantine was an amazing movie.
Very griping stuff. Be cautious, there is a lot of blood and gore.
Old 12th April 2010, 14:44   #2060
Senior - BHPian

Watched Sherlock Holmes yesterday. Guy Ritchie should be shot for brutally assassinating the personality of Sherlock Holmes.
Old 12th April 2010, 14:50   #2061
Team-BHP Support

Ummm... Yes, it was quite different for the SH I had imagined reading his books but I still loved the movie
Old 12th April 2010, 14:55   #2062
Senior - BHPian

Well, i think they didn't let Guy Ritchie make an Indian Jones movie, so he took Sherlock and made him do all that Indy would have done.
The movie is good time pass if you can get past this whole new and dirty Holmes image.
Old 12th April 2010, 16:45   #2063
BHPian

Watched LEGION

The movie is about clash with the other world and the only hope to save the mankind is an unborn child. Clash of zombies and few humans stranded in middle of nowhere!!

Storyline similar to "Children of Men" (which was a much better movie).

A very average movie with a very average storyline.
Below average (poor, actually) performances. Average special effects.

Watch it if you don't have anything else to watch.

Would rate it 1/5

Last edited by SumitBahl : 12th April 2010 at 16:47.
Old 12th April 2010, 17:16   #2064
BHPian

Watched Hotel Rwanda last weekend; great screenplay and performances telling the horror of Civil War in the African subcontinent. Must Watch though not a very feel good movie.

My Rating 4.5/5
Old 13th April 2010, 13:20   #2065
Distinguished - BHPian

Tried watching "X-Men: 2". DVD played sound but, no picture. So turned it off. What rating should be given to this movie then?

Watched "The Glass House" starring Stellan Skarsgard and Leele Soberski

Movie is about a guardian couple supposedly taking care of two teenage kids but have ulterior motives.

Stellan is an excellent actor. Remember him from 'Ronin'

Leele is simply super hot, watch it for her!

A very taut, suspenseful and tension filled movie. I was thinking it would be a some B-grade movie but, good direction and decent acting by all made it really worth watching.

3.5/5

P.S: Next in line is "X-Men : 3". Hope this one works...LOL
Old 13th April 2010, 13:37   #2066
BHPian

Elementary ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Watched Sherlock Holmes yesterday. Guy Ritchie should be shot for brutally assassinating the personality of Sherlock Holmes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Ummm... Yes, it was quite different for the SH I had imagined reading his books but I still loved the movie
I concur, although the 'new' Holmes is good, would it have been any poorer if the protagonists had been named other than 'Holmes' & 'Watson' ? To me, Jeremy Brett's the definitive Holmes, & thankfully we get to see him at his best every weekend That said, I have not come across any adaptation of the 'Hound of the Baskervilles' that's as chilling as the unabridged book...
Old 13th April 2010, 15:09   #2067
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
I concur, although the 'new' Holmes is good, would it have been any poorer if the protagonists had been named other than 'Holmes' & 'Watson' ? To me, Jeremy Brett's the definitive Holmes, & thankfully we get to see him at his best every weekend That said, I have not come across any adaptation of the 'Hound of the Baskervilles' that's as chilling as the unabridged book...
Which channel telecast the Sherlock Holmes starring Jeremy Brett? And, timings please? Even i like him as the best SH ever.

Last edited by mobike008 : 13th April 2010 at 15:11.
Old 13th April 2010, 17:56   #2068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Which channel telecast the Sherlock Holmes starring Jeremy Brett? And, timings please? Even i like him as the best SH ever.
Sundays, on the 'The History Channel', I think at 1 PM...
Old 13th April 2010, 19:28   #2069
BHPian

Watched The Crucible and Atonement back to back on Sunday.

The Crucible is based on the Arthur Miller play based on the 1692 Salem witch trials. A young girl Abigail (Winona Ryder) accuses a woman of witchcraft motivated by jealousy. She had an affair in the past with the woman's husband John Proctor (Daniel Day-Lewis) and she wants to be back in his life by whatever means possible. This finally leads John himself being accused.

The story unfolds nicely and performances are good but most of the time I had a feeling of watching a stage play. Rating: 3/5

Atonement is also based on an act of jealousy by a precocious teenager that leads to disastrous consequences. Watching this movie was much more satisfying and the climax was heart rending. Rating: 4/5
Old 13th April 2010, 21:06   #2070
Senior - BHPian

what guy Ritchie did to Holmes was the best thing that happen to him.
Yes i agree he is filthy ,sometimes unorganized and rather shabby at times BUTT he is absolutely brilliant in true guy Ritchie style.
I seriously wouldn't want to watch a boring old English hag Holmes.
well we must Give immense credit to Downley Jr I felt no body could carry off Holmes like he did.

Most Viewed