Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 10:47   #2251
BANNED

THE GREAT ESCAPE - 1962

Never knew this movie existed. What a masterpiece = 9/10

1 mark less as i did not like the way the movie ended. A sure Collectible

Steve McQueen is a rockstar in the movie, i loved the way those Citreons and the Nortons glide across the German countryside.

The movie too is gripping, just loved it all the way.
Attached Thumbnails
The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-thegreatescape.jpg  

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-thegreatescape-1.jpg  

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 7th June 2010 at 10:51.
Old 7th June 2010, 11:33   #2252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
THE GREAT ESCAPE - 1962

Steve McQueen is a rockstar in the movie, i loved the way those Citreons and the Nortons glide across the German countryside.

Though I haven't seen yet but heard a lot about this movie. If I am right, the bollywood movie "Deewaar: Let's Bring Our Heroes Home (2004)" starring Amitabh, Sanjay Dutt, Kay Kay Menon is a remake of this Hollywood masterpiece.
Old 7th June 2010, 12:13   #2253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
Though I haven't seen yet but heard a lot about this movie. If I am right, the bollywood movie "Deewaar: Let's Bring Our Heroes Home (2004)" starring Amitabh, Sanjay Dutt, Kay Kay Menon is a remake of this Hollywood masterpiece.
How can you even compare Deewar to The Great Escape? It can never be a remake, maybe it was just 'inspired' from this
Old 7th June 2010, 12:16   #2254
Team-BHP Support

Anyone watch Choke. Its based ona story by Chuck Palhuanik. The same guy who wrote Fight club.

I have read this book and enjoyed it lots.
Wondering if the movie lives up to it or not.
Old 7th June 2010, 12:58   #2255
Senior - BHPian

Shutter Island : Leonardo Di Caprio, Ben Kingsley and Mark Ruffalo.
This one is a hell of a roller coaster ride. Leonardo plays a Federal Marshall who along with his partner Mark, is called to investigate the disappearance of a patient from the Shutter Island, a prison/facility for the criminally insane. The facility is run by Kingsley, a renowned psychiatrist.

All three actors have performed brilliantly. The first half is awesome, the second half leaves you confused. This is the first movie I have seen for while where my friends and I came out of the hall discussing what had happened.

3.5 Stars for sure. The 1 star is lost for the irritating wife (Leonardo's) and half for the ending.

Watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
THE GREAT ESCAPE - 1962

One of my all time favorites. Have seen this atleast 10 times.

Last edited by sammyboy : 7th June 2010 at 13:00.
Old 7th June 2010, 14:42   #2256
Senior - BHPian

Exam (2009)

Its an ok movie, set in one room with 8 candidates and a questionable exam. Its gripping in first 30 mins and starts losing steam only to recover in the climax.

A one time watch, forget it later movie. Strictly an average watch.

2.5/5
Old 7th June 2010, 23:25   #2257
Senior - BHPian

Hotel Rwanda: This movie is based on a hotel manager based in rwanda who protects innocent citizens when the world turns a blind eye on them during the ethnic genocide! Watch this movie if you want to know what goes on in some parts of the world and the acting is top class.

Rating: 4/5
Old 8th June 2010, 01:08   #2258
BHPian

Just finished watching "The Blind Side". An amazing movie based on football. Sandra Bullock is just too good.
Old 8th June 2010, 10:35   #2259
Senior - BHPian

Shrek Forever:
Saw this movie during the weekend. It was fun to watch movie. I would give it a 4/5

Hot tub time machine:
A sort of movie you can see once just for fun. Where three close friends get into a hot tub to be transferred 20 yrs before. Nice fun to watch
3/5

Date Night:
The screenplay is good. Two couple think they should get out ot thier regular routine and get into to trouble trying to impersonate a couple for want of table booking. Watch it you wont repent it
Rating 4/5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Hotel Rwanda: This movie is based on a hotel manager based in rwanda who protects innocent citizens when the world turns a blind eye on them during the ethnic genocide! Watch this movie if you want to know what goes on in some parts of the world and the acting is top class.

Rating: 4/5
I too watched this movie on Pix, very good movie with very touchy scene
I concur your rating
4/5
Old 8th June 2010, 12:48   #2260
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched a couple of movies

To Die for starring Nicole Kidman and Matt Dillion

It was just an average movie. Nothing spectacular about it in any department. It would not be a great loss if you miss this one.

1.5/5

Tequila Sunrise starring Mel Gibson, Kurt Russel and Michelle Pfeiffer

This movie is like a cat and mouse game between a drug dealer and cop who are friends with a love interest thrown in.

Nice cinematography and good acting by all lead actors which keeps the movie decently engrossing.

3/5

P.S: Anybody watched "The Informant" starring Matt Damon
Old 8th June 2010, 16:38   #2261
Senior - BHPian

Watch "The Man from Earth". Splendid movie and direction. Movies are supposed to take you places, but this movie will make you think about places! 5/5 from my side to this movie. It adds to my list of top class movies.
Old 8th June 2010, 16:57   #2262
BHPian

Watched 'Kick A**' on hearing about it here. Just awesome. I wont give anything away but one of the most rocking movies i have ever seen. Hit Girl is an absolute delight.
9/10
Kick A** movie
Kick A** music.

Also watched 'From Paris with Love' starring John Travolta. Good fun with non stop action. Just dont expect a plot.

Last edited by coldice4u : 8th June 2010 at 17:00.
Old 8th June 2010, 17:45   #2263
Senior - BHPian

One movie I am looking forward for some time is the Karate Kid starring Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan, Having seen the promos movie surely looks good.
Jaden Smith son of Will Smith as seen in In pursuit of Happyness is a talented kid. the movie produced by Will Smith I guess will surely make some heads turn. Anyone else looking forward for the movie.
Old 8th June 2010, 19:08   #2264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

P.S: Anybody watched "The Informant" starring Matt Damon
I have watched it a couple of months back. Its cool movie. Awesome acting by Matt. See it w/o expectations and you will love it.

Just saw

Remember Me: Pierce Brosnan, Robert Pattinson

A very good romantic drama. Just loved the climax. Very good acting by Robert and Pierce. I won't reveal anything, and i would advise not to read any reviews or plot. Trust me, you will love the way it unfolds. Totally surprising.

4/5. a little slow. needs patience.

Date Night:

funnier, better than expected it to be. awesome acting by Steve Carell and Tina Fey. Supporting cast is awesome too. A must watch light hearted movie.

4.5/5

Last edited by chevelle : 8th June 2010 at 19:13.
Old 8th June 2010, 19:14   #2265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
One movie I am looking forward for some time is the Karate Kid starring Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan, Having seen the promos movie surely looks good.
Jaden Smith son of Will Smith as seen in In pursuit of Happyness is a talented kid. the movie produced by Will Smith I guess will surely make some heads turn. Anyone else looking forward for the movie.
I am looking forward to this movie. Excited it arrives next week. Hope it matches the expectations of old ones.

Most Viewed