Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2010, 12:14   #2401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Need to check out Inception - haven't seen it. Is it available on DVD or has it just been released in theatre?

Ritchie is below Tarantino in my list because he has made a crap movie like "Cast Away" & the very average "Sherlock Holmes".
Inception is releasing this weekend. Planning to watch it the next weekend. I heard it might be a little too brainy for the common action movie fan. It could be another brain twister like Memento.

"Cast Away" isn't crap and it wasn't directed by Guy Ritchie either. It was directed by Robert Zemeckis . Agree with your remaining points though. I don't even know why Guy Ritchie is considered among the greater directors. His only claim to fame is being Madonna's former husband. To rank him ahead of Steven Spielberg is just blasphemy . Ofcourse, Spielberg hasn't been making a lot of good movies lately, but he is a much better director than Ritchie.
Old 15th July 2010, 12:36   #2402
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
"Cast Away" isn't crap and it wasn't directed by Guy Ritchie either. It was directed by Robert Zemeckis . Agree with your remaining points though. I don't even know why Guy Ritchie is considered among the greater directors. His only claim to fame is being Madonna's former husband. To rank him ahead of Steven Spielberg is just blasphemy . Ofcourse, Spielberg hasn't been making a lot of good movies lately, but he is a much better director than Ritchie.
Sorry meant Swept Away not Cast Away.

I like Guy Ritchie. "Lock, Stock & 2 Smoking barrells" & "Snatch" are my 2 all time favourite movies. RockNRolla was also decent.
Old 15th July 2010, 16:12   #2403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
You thought 2001 - Space Odyssey was average?
Sure it doesn't have a lot of dialogue or a very original plot (rather that machines taking over has been rehashed so much - but mostly happened AFTER this movie). Considering it came out in the 60s before the actual Moon landings the effects/depiction of Space etc is very good. It is one of the few movies which make you think for a while after it ends. Like Planet of the Apes.
I was recently watching 2001 and the music just hit me like a truck. I'm not too big on classical and I had heard it many times before. But this time something happened and it sank into my skull. I was in some kind if ecstatic trance for a few minutes! And yeah the movie is brilliant as well!

How do you guys like A Clockwork Orange? It's one of my all time favorite movies!
Old 16th July 2010, 06:59   #2404
Senior - BHPian

Anyone seen 'Dispicable me' ? I hear it is a laughter riot.
Old 16th July 2010, 13:09   #2405

Watched 'Repo Men' last night [3/5]. Approx first half is a bit slow, you can kind of guess what happens next; second half gets interesting. You are in for a surprise by the time it is over.
Old 16th July 2010, 22:18   #2406
Senior - BHPian

Inception is a superb sci-fi movie very similar to the Matrix.
Needs a lot of intelligence to understand (just like the Matrix).
Warrants a couple of views to grasp it fully.

Don't watch if you think Memento or Shutter Island or the Matrix aren't good movies.
Old 17th July 2010, 00:51   #2407
Senior - BHPian

Just saw Inception. Movie of the decade as far as I'm concerned. Don't have enough adjectives to describe it. You have to see it for yourself to believe how good it is.
Old 17th July 2010, 01:31   #2408
BHPian

If Inception is a film on dreams, then I had a wet dream! An orgasmic experience! Can Nolan do anything wrong?
Old 17th July 2010, 01:34   #2409
BHPian

2001 - A Space Odyssey in my opinion is the best sci-fi flick ever!
The music, the silence, the cinematography. Just don't have words to describe this Kubrick Masterpiece.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
I was recently watching 2001 and the music just hit me like a truck. I'm not too big on classical and I had heard it many times before. But this time something happened and it sank into my skull. I was in some kind if ecstatic trance for a few minutes! And yeah the movie is brilliant as well!

How do you guys like A Clockwork Orange? It's one of my all time favorite movies!
Old 17th July 2010, 10:54   #2410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
If Inception is a film on dreams, then I had a wet dream! An orgasmic experience! Can Nolan do anything wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Just saw Inception. Movie of the decade as far as I'm concerned. Don't have enough adjectives to describe it. You have to see it for yourself to believe how good it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Inception is a superb sci-fi movie very similar to the Matrix.
Needs a lot of intelligence to understand (just like the Matrix).
Warrants a couple of views to grasp it fully.

Don't watch if you think Memento or Shutter Island or the Matrix aren't good movies.
I saw Inception last night too. What. A. Movie. I just don't have words to describe how much i really enjoyed it. I could not take my eyes off the screen even for a micro milli-second. Will not post any spoilers or the story outline or a gist here but please don't miss the first 5 minutes of the movie. And what an end. Got the goosies! Wifey & me were talking about the movie on our way back & even dicussing it this morning. Will go for the movie again. And again. Epic Movie!
Old 17th July 2010, 11:35   #2411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVictor View Post
Watched 'Repo Men' last night [3/5]. Approx first half is a bit slow, you can kind of guess what happens next; second half gets interesting. You are in for a surprise by the time it is over.
Man, this film kicks a**. This film is definitely not for the weak-hearted. The opening scene where Jude Law takes out the organ from man's body had be me puking.

In the first half it really doesn't make sense as to where the movie is going, but after Jude Law's accident, things start taking twist and turns and makes for a worthy watch.

Writing is quite precise and thought provoking ideas while performance by Law and Whittaker is awesome.

I would give it a 4/5 just for being a gripping movie it is. Loved it
Old 17th July 2010, 17:38   #2412

MicMacs 2009 [French]

Watched MicMacs last night --> 5/5
Awesome movie. A unique story, distinct presentation, absolutely well-knit story brought out alive by the characters. And not just the main character but ALL the characters.

100% entertaining movie. Sheer brilliance by Jean-Pierre Jeunet.

Must watch.

Here's a trailer for those interested:
[CODE]
Old 17th July 2010, 19:30   #2413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
I saw Inception last night too. What. A. Movie. I just don't have words to describe how much i really enjoyed it. I could not take my eyes off the screen even for a micro milli-second.
Definitely,even i caught the movie yesterday, and fits in the realm of memento, shutter island where in your mind will go into a twisted state, to unravel the theme of the movie.

A truely Sci-fi, intellectual and christophers analysis of dreams was bang on. When he was describing the attributes of it, i was wondering..(haan re.aisa hi hota hai.) I don't want to reveal much but cant help it.

A must watch for intellectual minds, not for the faint hearted.
Old 17th July 2010, 20:59   #2414
BHPian

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: 5/5

Normally, I wouldn't touch romantic movies with a yardstick.But the fascinating title and the eccentric choice of lead pair (Jim Carrey/Kate Winslet) drew me to watch this one...And I don't repent my decision at all.! Most of the movie takes place inside Jim Carrey's head as he and his GF try to hide inside his memories from the memory-erasing guys hired by Carrey while he was conscious to erase his GF's memories from his mind following an ugly spat between them.The chemistry between Carrey and Kate Winslet is brilliant, the music gels really well with the scenes and the acting is top-notch.A must watch for people who still have a heart that beats for love.
Old 17th July 2010, 23:02   #2415
Senior - BHPian

"What's the most resilient parasite? An Idea"
A Brilliant Concept , Courtesy Christopher Nolan.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks