Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2011, 16:38   #3226
Senior - BHPian

re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Movie: 300, its an awesome movie based on the life of spartans, the most dreadful fighters, gerard butler looked great in it.
Old 15th January 2011, 19:15   #3227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Movie: 300, its an awesome movie based on the life of spartans, the most dreadful fighters, gerard butler looked great in it.
oh yes..for sure. This movie is one of my all time fave.
on the same note, you should also see meet the spartans, a spoof of the same movie.

Gerard butler hasn't yet stopped sporting a beard.
Old 15th January 2011, 20:53   #3228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
@ALL - Please share some review/details about the movie instead of saying its good/bad/Must watch etc. Also try to rate it on a scale of 1 to 5. Thanks

Saw Pay It Forward

Rating - 3.5/5
hey, this counts in for one of my favorite movies mainly because of its concept. I agree the end is a bit lame, but this one had really made me think about the entire concept of paying back and paying forward.

This is one of those movies for which I had aimlessly entered to kill time (almost 10+ years back) with no expectations and ended up being a thought provoking movie.
Old 16th January 2011, 04:27   #3229
Senior - BHPian

Due date.

just saw this movie. well, its just a movie of disasters in a funny sorts of way. one time watch though. it'll definitely be a bore for the 2nd time.
Old 17th January 2011, 09:04   #3230
Senior - BHPian

The Social network.

a good movie ..a biopic if you may. story revolves around all that happened that gave rise to what we know as Facebook and the aftermath. by aftermath, I mean the lawsuits and settlements.
must watch.

rating : 3.5/5
Old 17th January 2011, 16:59   #3231
BHPian

Watched 'Devil" & "Get him to Greek" over the weekend.

Devil - Was impressed with the trailer and was hoping for a spooky experience, but was disappointed as it was not spooky at all. Having said that, found this to be one of the better movies by N Shyamalan compared to his earlier ones such as "Lady in the water","The Village" & "The Last Airbender" (worst of all )

Rating: One time watch. Would rate it 2.5/5

Get him to Greek - Dint work for me at all! There sure are funnier movies that this from 2010. Also, it was too long for a hollywood movie (almost 2 hours). I personally wouldnt recommend it unless you are fan of cheap laughs, raunchy humor, gross-out physical comedy. By this I dont mean that the movie is similar to Hangover; thats was too funny!

Rating: 2/5
Old 18th January 2011, 05:17   #3232
Senior - BHPian

The King's Speech - How King George VI overcame his stammering problem in course to his accession.
You need to like watching drama films, and the subtle humor thrown in periodically makes up for a few boring moments.

4/5 in my book.

127 hours - The true story of Aron Ralston's experience after getting his hand stuck between a boulder and a canyon wall (for 5 days) and how he self amputates his right arm to escape.
You need some patience for this one too.
Another good movie by Danny Boyle after trainspottng, sunshine and slumdog millionaire.

4/5 again.

True Grit - Western movie at its best. Hailee Steinfeld as 'Mattie Ross' is too good. Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon are good as usual.

4.5/5 from me.
Old 18th January 2011, 18:51   #3233
Senior - BHPian

Anyone watched "Stone"?

Watched it cause of Edward Norton and Robert DeNiro. Finally took me around 6 sittings to finish it. Boring is the word I am looking for!
Old 20th January 2011, 07:05   #3234
Senior - BHPian

Find Me Guilty (2006) - IMDb

true story of a gangster in longest criminal trial in American history. Vin Diesel in a court room comedy/drama.

3.5/5
Old 20th January 2011, 10:07   #3235
BHPian

Anybody watched "the fighter" - mark wahlberg and any of the recently nominated / Golden Globe winning movies...
Old 20th January 2011, 10:43   #3236
BANNED

Is there any website where I can find what DVD's of English movies/TV serials have been officially released/available in India. Whenever I send a message to bigflix asking why they don't have something available, they say it's not available in India. I want some place to track what is available.
Old 20th January 2011, 10:48   #3237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Anyone watched "Stone"?

Watched it cause of Edward Norton and Robert DeNiro. Finally took me around 6 sittings to finish it. Boring is the word I am looking for!
Yes I did, story really not as good as the cast. Even the climax is not that great. Only motivation to watch was the cast especially milla jovovich
Old 20th January 2011, 11:02   #3238
BANNED

This is pretty much standard with Ed Norton. He is a great actor who mostly acts in very mediocre movies.

His greatest 2 roles have been "American History X" and "Primal Fear". I can't think of any other actor who could have done these 2 roles better. Other than this, Fight Club is pretty good. His other decent movies are Rounders, Red Dragon and Italian Job where the movies are OK, but he role is average at best, but pretty much anyone could have done these roles.

Most of his other movies are very very mediocre.
Old 20th January 2011, 11:21   #3239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
This is pretty much standard with Ed Norton. He is a great actor who mostly acts in very mediocre movies.

His greatest 2 roles have been "American History X" and "Primal Fear". I can't think of any other actor who could have done these 2 roles better. Other than this, Fight Club is pretty good. His other decent movies are Rounders, Red Dragon and Italian Job where the movies are OK, but he role is average at best, but pretty much anyone could have done these roles.

Most of his other movies are very very mediocre.
Another good one with Ed Norton & Robert Di niro was The Score 2001 along with Marlon Brando. Highly recommended from my side.
Old 20th January 2011, 11:32   #3240
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kites View Post
Another good one with Ed Norton & Robert Di niro was The Score 2001 along with Marlon Brando. Highly recommended from my side.
I have seen the Score - I found it to be OK just because of the 3 great actors, but nothing more than that.

Ed Norton, said he did the movie simply because "if someone called me and said we've got Marlon Brando and Robert De Niro and we're gonna film a reading of the phone book, I would go."

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks