Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2011, 13:42   #3676
Senior - BHPian

re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Watched Thor last Saturday (3D). Must say, came back impressed. The 3D stuff was pretty good and the actor who played Thor fit the role perfectly. Good fight sequences with some humor thrown in. However, the lovey dovey stuff between Thor and Natalie Portman was a drag.

I would give it a well deserved 3.5 / 5.

A word of caution though. If you were to watch this movie with your wife / Gf, you might get pestered to lose weight / join a gym for the next few days.
Old 24th May 2011, 10:59   #3677
BHPian

Watched two movies over the weekend:

Incendies - A Canadian French film nominated for the best foreign language film at the oscars last year.
This is an extraordinary movie. Superb direction and acting. Terrific script. Intense and emotionally charged. A must watch for all movie buffs.
My take: 4/5

POTC in 3D - Johnny Depp was a class act as always. Agree with some of the posts here that this one is a bit slow moving with less action compared to the previous POTCs.
My take: 3/5

Last edited by C300 : 24th May 2011 at 11:01. Reason: Formatting
Old 24th May 2011, 22:18   #3678
Senior - BHPian

Buried-
Started promising but got boring in between and ridiculous in the end. After reading so many good reviews i watched it but was quiet average imo. Can be easily skipped.

Rating - 2/5
Old 26th May 2011, 12:21   #3679
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched two movies :-

Secratariat starring the Horse

Its a true story and an excellent inspiring movie about a woman who brings up her father's debt ridden horse breeding farm back to its original glory thanks to one " super horse" secratariat which won almost every trophy in US during the mid-70's

A very nice watch.

4/5

Piranah-3D starring Kelly Brook and Elsibeth Shue

It was a decently engrossing movie with a lot of blood and gore and is quite watchable due to KB. It's like F&F movie, good looking people, awesome locales and decent action to make it a nice package.

however, the piranahs looked so CGI

3/5

Last edited by mobike008 : 26th May 2011 at 14:29.
Old 26th May 2011, 14:26   #3680
BHPian

Pirates of the caribbean 4->

Better compared to earlier versions, at least it doesn't have slimy looking creatures after every 10 minutes.
Old 26th May 2011, 15:07   #3681
BANNED

The Invisible.

Its a story of a teenage boy and girl both from the same town and college. The girl (Annie) who is a failure, unintentionally kills (rather lives him for dead) the boy (Nick) over some money owed by Nick's friend to Annie.

What follows next is an out of body experience of Nick and how the only person who can help him is Annie.

I have seen this movie at least two dozen times. It keeps playing on the movie channels. I dont know what but the movie captivates me, each time I watch it.

The girl who has done the role of Annie is brilliant. Her eyes almost throughout the movie portray a deep sadness in every shot she is in. And in the final few minutes those same eyes have a very calming sense to them.

Its not a great movie but I like it a fair bit.
Old 26th May 2011, 15:13   #3682
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
The Invisible.

Its a story of a teenage boy and girl both from the same town and college. The girl (Annie) who is a failure, unintentionally kills (rather lives him for dead) the boy (Nick) over some money owed by Nick's friend to Annie.

What follows next is an out of body experience of Nick and how the only person who can help him is Annie.

I have seen this movie at least two dozen times. It keeps playing on the movie channels. I dont know what but the movie captivates me, each time I watch it.

The girl who has done the role of Annie is brilliant. Her eyes almost throughout the movie portray a deep sadness in every shot she is in. And in the final few minutes those same eyes have a very calming sense to them.

Its not a great movie but I like it a fair bit.
oh yes, i remember this one!
From when i was only watching movies where the title said "the " and something.
great concept, and awesome execution!
Good watch.
Old 26th May 2011, 15:22   #3683
Senior - BHPian

"Kung Fu Panda 2" and "Hangover 2" coming this weekend.
Finally a weekend when I am actually looking forward to go to a theater.
Old 27th May 2011, 02:50   #3684
BHPian

Hangover 2

Just back from watching Hangover 2, it was good, nothing like the 1st part.

In the 1st part the audience were hooked, with the cast , and sucked into the movie,everyone wanted to know what happened.

Part 2 suffers from this big defect, and big time,everyone knows how this will go down.

And because this one is based in Bangkok, (the name gets a whole new meaning, see the movie) the look of the movie is very dirty, crowded and cramped, Big turn off for me, (heck I dont even wanna go there now)

Should you go see the Movie?

Hell Yeah, So what if you know what happened last time, its always fun to relive good times.

Last edited by mobike008 : 27th May 2011 at 08:57. Reason: Using profanity directly or indirectly not allowed. Repeat will attract infraction.
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2011, 08:59   #3685
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hangover 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Just back from watching Hangover 2, it was good, nothing like the 1st part.
That's cool. I am booked into tonight's show at PVR. Hope it turn out decent hilarious if not completely. Most sequels do not live up to expectations of OM
Old 27th May 2011, 09:48   #3686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
P.s- Just saw the gladiator v 300 debate. I will agree with everyone. Gladiator was a masterpiece and 300 is just effects. I feel Russell crowe is an underrated actor. All the movies i had seen of him he gives such brilliant performaces.
Totally agree with you. I found his performance in A Beautiful Mind to be flawless. Even in his other films like The Insider, State Of Play and L.A. Confidential, he has done an excellent job.
Old 27th May 2011, 10:54   #3687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
POTC- A tad disappointing. Less action and slow paced. Ya it had the wit and humour of johnny depp and the beautiful locales along with the beautiful mermaids but the movie was missing the soul of the earlier series.
I would have loved to see penelope in earlier ones too!
It could have been shorten by 20mins atleast.
Guess the end dropped a hint of another sequel with penelope in it!

Rating-3/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Last night I literally ran into the theater at last minute to watch POTC : OST - and I have a gripe or two about the movie.

1. No Keira Knightley
2. Weak and disconnected storyline
3. Possibly another sequel

Good things - nice special effects , especially the mermaids. Also - the locales are a nice sight.

3/5 in my book.
Yesterday, I watched PotC : OST and I agree with blackasta and harry10's reviews here. I never felt that I was watching a PotC movie. It would have probably more interesting (and comical) if Pintel and Ragetti were there. Mr. Gibbs could have been given an extended role. Penelope did not convince me though. Hmmm. I could go on and on. Let's see if there is a sequel. The ending did lead to believe that there would be one.

3/5 from my side too
Old 27th May 2011, 12:17   #3688
Senior - BHPian

Unknown - 2011

A very intriguing movie. A decent action/thriller. Engrossing, thrilling, a little edge-of-seat thriller about mistaken identity.

A must watch for action fans.

Neeson and Kruger are great. A total mercedes benz movie from cars POV. Even SLS is shown.

4.5/5

I am Number Four

Good action, good CGI, same old story, gets a bit slow at time. A typical teen movie. Watch if you have nothing to do.

2.5/5

Needle - 2010

A pretty decent, captivating murder mystery. Watchable once. The execution could be a little bit better, but idea and concept it real neat. Basically a slasher movie, notable ways of killing.

3.5/5
Old 27th May 2011, 12:39   #3689
Senior - BHPian

Watched INSIDE MAN couple of days back (may be 10 or 15th time :-) )starring Denzel, Clive Owen and Jodie Foster. I do not know why, I love this movie. Plus there is a bollywood connection to it.
Old 27th May 2011, 12:44   #3690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Watched INSIDE MAN couple of days back (may be 10 or 15th time :-) )starring Denzel, Clive Owen and Jodie Foster. I do not know why, I love this movie. Plus there is a bollywood connection to it.
Isn't this the movie on the Bank robbery? What's the bollywood connection, btw?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks