Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2011, 19:28   #4366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
IIRC, Both released on same day everywhere. I saw it last week(12/16) same day it released in india.
No they were not, read on
Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Why will they ever release earlier in India than in the US?
That's what is surprising, howevere I believe They prefer a release around holidays, so for India it was around Diwali & for US its around Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I think you misquoted. Its Technocrat who said so. I said it was released the same day.
Yes It was me who said that & I have proof, check the links I have posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikkars View Post
MI4 released in India on 16 Dec and had a limited release in US (IMAX & other large-format theaters only) on the same day. However, the general release was on 21st Dec.

Tintin was released in Belgium on 23rd October, in India on 11 Nov and in the US just yesterday, 21 Dec!

Why an international release before US?
The reason for this delay is because the U.S. is one of the few places in the world that isn’t all that familiar with Tintin. An international release before a U.S. premiere will give the studios the critical reaction and box office results to judge how to handle promoting Tintin in the States.

And why in Belgium first? Herge and his comics are from that country
Thank you

I believe you got this info from imdb, here is the link for dates with worldwide release dates for both movies

Tintin Worldwide Release Dates

MI4 Worldwide Release Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Larry Crowne is a chick flick and a light any day any time movie. Watched it sometime back with wifey and it was a good time pass flick. Nice movie, i liked it. I normally enjoy watching more serious movies based on war and crime and suspense and mystery but this was a nice pleasant change.

BTW, is it only me or does Tom Hanks bear a very strong resemblance to Aamir Khan? Have this thought nagging me for decades now.
Well yes its light hearted comedy but there are too many gaps in the story which one doesnt expect from a Tom Hanks movie.

& yes you are not alone in spotting the resemblance

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
@n_aditya-
You are not the only one.
I have always believed tom hanks and aamir khan resembles a lot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Add me to the list. I find both of them resembling each other so much that on an unsuspecting day someone could easily gull me to believe that they are brothers
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Not just you, add me too to the list. Amir Khan is our very own Tom Hanks
+1

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd December 2011 at 19:30.
Old 22nd December 2011, 21:50   #4367
Senior - BHPian

re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
No they were not, read on
Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of Tintin, but MI4 indeed released on same day in US and India. Even though it was limited release, all theaters here was having mi4 from 15th. May be the smaller towns didn't get it until recently.

They even raised prices for the same. An IMAX ticket is usually $15 here, it was $18 on the thursday-friday. Similarly in other theaters like United Artist and Century theater, usually it is $9.75 but they were charging $13-$14 for the night shows.

Last edited by chevelle : 22nd December 2011 at 21:53.
Old 22nd December 2011, 23:38   #4368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra'ul M
IP Man [It's a story about Bruce Lee's master and showcases a very unique style of fighting- A must watch]
Ip man with Donnie is ok - as in the action scenes are good but somehow u ' feel' the wirework.
But wait for the ip man movie supposed to come out next year with tony Leung as ip man. Wong kar wai is directing it.
Old 23rd December 2011, 15:28   #4369
Senior - BHPian

Watched Ratatouille.
I must appreciate the creative thought process of the team behind the movie.
My rating: 4/5
Old 26th December 2011, 07:58   #4370
Senior - BHPian

A lonely place to die

A well made movie which starts of slow but gets gripping and intense. Good acting by star cast, great mountains and superb natural beauty of Scotland along with good script makes this a one time watch for sure.

3.5/5
Old 26th December 2011, 09:39   #4371
BHPian

40 year old virgin is a run off the mill comedy. Certain parts of the movie are hilarious, i just loved Gerry Bednob (Mooj). The scene where he has an argument with Romany Malco is just so hilarious. It has a predictive story line, but it never felt boring. Its an entertainer.
Old 26th December 2011, 12:10   #4372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
40 year old virgin is a run off the mill comedy. Certain parts of the movie are hilarious, i just loved Gerry Bednob (Mooj). The scene where he has an argument with Romany Malco is just so hilarious. It has a predictive story line, but it never felt boring. Its an entertainer.
Yeah, this is a LOL movie. My favorite scenes are

1) "Bag of sand" or something like that!

2) When that Indian gets irritated and uses the F word! Hilarious!
Old 27th December 2011, 10:41   #4373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra'ul M View Post
Opinions differ, especially in the case of movies and you are very much entitled to have a different opinion. That is why I made a suggestion and not a comparison. But I have to agree almost all movies of Kubrick are classics. In terms of craziness I would still rank them as A Clockwork Orange, The Shining, 2001: Space Odyssey [I am certain that is what you meant] and the Full Metal Jacket. But then like I said earlier, opinions differ and that is the benefit of a discussion; to broaden our horizons .

Cheers!
2001 is indeed what I meant
And I have received a lot of flak on my opinion about Clockwork Orange. I guess I should give it another shot.
Old 27th December 2011, 11:04   #4374
BHPian

Finally managed to watch The Tree of Life by Terrence Malick. It is definitely not a 'timepass movie'. For me, the movie is achingly beautiful (thanks to Bluray and a big-screen telly) and definitely among the best movies of this decade. It has also managed to raise valid questions on existence , life and death. Worth a shot if you are the kind of a person who does not get bored after 15-20 minutes of footage with little dialogue
Old 27th December 2011, 14:21   #4375
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched "MI-4 : Ghost Protocol" about a week ago

The first impression which is overwhelming is an overdose of technology which sometimes even defied James Bond movie's technology usage and quite irritating at times

Action sequences was also not great except for the stunt on Burj Khalifa all other were clearly visible that it was CGI

One of the most good looking guy from Hollywood now looks old but, all said he still has loads of his boyish charm intact.

India was shown as a joke. They took the indians for a royal ride. Bangalore becomes Mumbai, BMW factory becomes an MLCP in Mumbai and what not. Loads of geographical errors

Biggest disappointment was the yawn-you'll miss-out scene of Anil Kapoor after all that brohuaha that was created about the first indian in a MI movie. The fact remains offering that role to him was actually a shameful proposition because he looked and acted like one of those extras you get for 100 bucks.

That slap from Paula Patton was embarassing and totally unecessary.

Loved TC arriving at indian hotel in the concept car of BMW (i8) and in the hotel parkway a maroon Bugatti Veyron was also parked not sure how many spotted that in a fleeting glimpse

Finally, without Ving Rhames IMF is incomplete ( even though he comes in yet another blink you'll miss cameo in the end).

MI-1, followed by MI-2 still remains my favorite

2.75/5

Last edited by mobike008 : 27th December 2011 at 14:23.
Old 27th December 2011, 14:38   #4376
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely agree to every word you've written, Mobike. Share the exact same feelings. IMO, the movie is waay over the top.

Not only was there a Bugatti Veyron, there were a slew of Ferrari's also parked in that hotel.

The end seems like a clue to MI5 being in the pipeline.

Oh, absolutely loved Simon Pegg (as Benji). He is one actor that brings any role to life.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 27th December 2011 at 14:39.
Old 27th December 2011, 21:56   #4377
Senior - BHPian

Horrible Bosses

A movie about 3 guys with regular jobs, but with hopelessly horrible bosses. Fed up with their constant torture, they decide to bump them off one day , with the help of shady character they meet named 'MF' Jones. What follows is quite an entertaining ride, which doesnt bore you 1 bit.
And ohh yeah, I never much cared for Jennifer Aniston before this movie.

Rating : 3/5 , worthwhile one time watch.
Old 28th December 2011, 09:59   #4378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Horrible Bosses

A movie about 3 guys with regular jobs, but with hopelessly horrible bosses. Fed up with their constant torture, they decide to bump them off one day , with the help of shady character they meet named 'MF' Jones. What follows is quite an entertaining ride, which doesnt bore you 1 bit.

Oh yah Nice fun movie.

Due Date: 3/5. Another fun film. Think I sat and laughed a lot while watching this in train.

Due Date - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 28th December 2011, 10:52   #4379
Senior - BHPian

Watched 4.3.2.1 (2010 release). This movie is about 4 girls, 3 days, 2 cities and 1 chance.

Good for a one time watch. The pace of the movie is good and qualifies for a "sort of thriller".

Word of caution - couple of steamy scenes and babes in bikini's so keep the kids at bay.

There is one scene where one of the girls drives off in her step brothers mustang, sounds sweet.

2.5 / 5
Old 28th December 2011, 13:29   #4380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Horrible Bosses

Seriously!! Do we have such dentists here? :P

"MF" Jones was like hilarious. A no brainer with 0 artistic value but 100% entertainment

P.S I liked the way it ended

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks