Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2017, 11:31   #6766
BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Cars - 3 Rating - 3/5

This is not a movie for kids. Period. McQueen suddenly feels outdated, old and less powerful in front of the new, powerful and sleek car models. He is finding it difficult to keep up his aura and starts losing races one after another. He crashes badly and is out of action for some time. Whether he finds his ways of winning again or his life takes a different turn, is for you to watch and find.

Overall, the slowest and least funny movie of the cars series. Our kids were bored for most part of the movie, except the two races, one dirt track and one at the end.

All said and done, it is not a bad movie at all. Worth a watch once and especially in IMAX, its better.

Hopefully, Pixar does not stretch it too far and stop here.
@Ajay,

Where is the iMax in Pune? Does Cinepolis (Westend Mall, Aundh) have the imax operational?
Old 19th June 2017, 11:54   #6767
BHPian

saw - split

night shyamalan's tryst with human psychy continues....

3/5 for me; brilliant portrayal James Mcavoy with a hint to a sequel and connection to 'Unbreakable'
Old 19th June 2017, 11:58   #6768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutoos View Post
@Ajay,

Where is the iMax in Pune? Does Cinepolis (Westend Mall, Aundh) have the imax operational?
Yes. The Cinepolis iMax has been operational since long. I must have watched at least 10 movies at iMax since it became operational. It is significantly expensive though.
Old 19th June 2017, 12:00   #6769
Senior - BHPian

Just saw this movie a few days back, and it was amazing.
13 Days:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0146309/

It's about the cuban missile crisis and the taut screenplay and excellent acting really made this movie a surprise watch for me.
Old 19th June 2017, 12:10   #6770
BHPian

Justice League - The Flashpoint paradox

DCEU animated original movies are some seriously well made stuff. We had some good recommendations earlier on this thread, namely - Batman : under the red hood & Batman : The Killing joke. I recently watched a few more of these animated films.

The flashpoint paradox is an awesome movie which brings you in an alternate world of the Justice league heroes, created through seemingly benevolent time-travel. The movie is nicely paced and and is quite entertaining.

4.5/5
Old 19th June 2017, 15:18   #6771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritzy View Post

DCEU animated original movies are some seriously well made stuff. We had some good recommendations earlier on this thread, namely - Batman : under the red hood & Batman : The Killing joke. I recently watched a few more of these animated films.

The flashpoint paradox is an awesome movie which brings you in an alternate world of the Justice league heroes, created through seemingly benevolent time-travel. The movie is nicely paced and and is quite entertaining.

4.5/5
DC animated movies are almost always better. I watch them as soon as a new one comes out. But this can be slightly problematic!

I saw DC:Assault on Arkham some time back. It was great! But then out came Suicide Squad and I was like
Old 19th June 2017, 15:50   #6772
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

4.5/5
Go though all of them here.

The last one I saw was Dark. That was good, but the most fun were Dark knight returns, and Doomsday.
But heck, I dont make a distinction. Full features are so rare, all of them are lapped up!
Old 19th June 2017, 19:47   #6773
BHPian

Cars 3 - 3.5/5

Watched Cars 3 at PVR 4DX Phoenix Mall , with my 8 year old son.
Like @ajay_satpute had mentioned not that funny. Few nice moments but not something i would watch again and again , like Part 1 and 2.
The 4DX i guess made it more bearable with the seat movements during the races.
Old 19th June 2017, 19:57   #6774
BHPian

Quote:

4.5/5
DCEU's animated universe throws whatever Marvel animation brings to the table away, except for maybe Spiderman. My all time favourites are the Justice League : Doom and Wonder Woman (2009 IIRC).
Old 20th June 2017, 12:33   #6775
BHPian

A Family Man

Wasn't keen to watch this movie as the cast did not seem interesting to me, Gerard Butler, Willem Defoe etc.

Start is sedate but the story line is interesting, builds sensitivity towards the characters and human emotions. Characters played by Gerard, Gretchen Mol, Max Jenkins and Anupam Kher stand out and connects us to them.

4/5
Old 21st June 2017, 11:57   #6776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
DC animated movies are almost always better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
The last one I saw was Dark. That was good, but the most fun were Dark knight returns, and Doomsday.
But heck, I dont make a distinction. Full features are so rare, all of them are lapped up!
I liked 'The Dark knight returns' - both the parts. Its slow but builds up momentum in the second part. Cool dialogues.
Batman : Bad blood is what I saw recently & got to know, for the first time, more characters from the Batman series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratosphere View Post
DCEU's animated universe throws whatever Marvel animation brings to the table away, except for maybe Spiderman. My all time favourites are the Justice League : Doom and Wonder Woman (2009 IIRC).
Yeah Right. DC has more matured storytelling and is often dark. There is no clear black and white. May be it's all because of The Batman. I am a fan of the character with or without the cape.
Old 21st June 2017, 22:51   #6777
BHPian

Watched the Red Turtle this week.

Brilliant movie and what a way to tell a story without a single piece of dialogue. I'm not sure what exactly, but there was "something" about this movie that was so gripping and beautiful.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3666024/
Old 25th June 2017, 09:52   #6778
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Watched a classic - Glengarry Glen Ross - this week. Nice movie, but would rate it as 'nice', not excellent. As far as business movies go, there are far better. Found all the online reviews blowing it out of proportion IMHO.

Warning: Language not child friendly
Old 25th June 2017, 10:44   #6779
BHPian

Last week, i went for blind date at Sathyam cinemas, Chennai. The movie turned out to be the movie about the life of rapper 2pac, "All eyez on me".

It wasn't a movie, I would've chosen to watch on my own. But it turned out to be an interesting watch. A look into the glamourous life of the rap stars, and how little they end up having money wise or relation wise, when it looks like they have it all.
Old 29th June 2017, 10:37   #6780
BHPian

Transformers: The Last Knight - 0/10

Unbelievable. We did it again! I thought the last transformers movie sucked so bad, no one could ever top that! And I vowed never to watch another Michael Bay directed Transformers ever again.

But, the trailers of The Last Knight looked menacing, and we thought maybe, just maybe the franchise was going to get better. But boy were we wrong! An absolute farce of a movie. There's literally nothing interesting whatsoever in this movie. Just explosions, and explosions, followed by more & more explosions. Then, some more explosions thrown in just because Michael Bay & his crackpot team decided that they didn't have enough explosions. In my opinion, this is in the running for one of the worst movies ever to have been made by Michael Bay.

And what the heck was Anthony Hopkins smoking when he decided to do this movie! I can understand Mark Wahlberg & the rest of the cast doing it for the money. But I never thought Sir Hopkins would ever take a project as crappy as this. Do yourself & your senses a favor, and avoid this mindless, overly noisy, explosion riddled heap of crap. Go for a long drive, cook something, consider doing some social work even, but please, I implore you, don't waste your time watching this movie.

Most Viewed