Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2019, 19:01   #7501
BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Watched

1. Togo: Beautiful movie that shows connection of man with his dog and how brave and courage conquers everything. Must watch movie if you are a dog lover. The movie is based on true events. In 1925, in response to an epidemic, the first batch of 300,240 units of diphtheria serum was delivered by train from Anchorage to Nenana, Alaska, where it was picked up by the first of twenty mushers and more than 100 dogs who relayed the serum a total of 674 miles (1,085 km) to Nome. The temperature was estimated at −30 °F (−34 °C). Togo covered the longest and most hazardous leg. Willem Dafoe is awesome in the movie (Reminds me of a grinch ). A must-must watch.

2. Aeronauts: Pilot Amelia Rennes (Felicity Jones) and scientist James Glaisher (Eddie Redmayne) find themselves in an epic fight for survival while attempting to make discoveries in a gas balloon.

I would highly suggest both the movies for amazing visual graphics and storyline. Cheers!
drive_angry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 22:53   #7502
Senior - BHPian

Watched Forrest Gump again after a long time. What a terrific movie. Many consider that this movie was undeservedly given best picture over 'The Shawshank Redemption' at the Academy awards. I too belong to that group. But when you are watching it, not for a moment you feel this was any less deserving. The movie is littered with classic scenes. Sample the one below:

Old 23rd December 2019, 23:05   #7503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Joker: 10/10
Is it available online yet? Missed it in theatres
Old 24th December 2019, 08:25   #7504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Is it available online yet? Missed it in theatres
Even I couldn't catch it in theatres. Didn't find it streaming anywhere. As per this website, the movie will be available in digital and blu-ray platform on 7th Jan.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th December 2019 at 10:15. Reason: Removed torrent reference.
Old 25th December 2019, 03:13   #7505
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I know there is a Ford vs Ferrari thread.
But I loved that film.
Christian Bale and Matt Damon carried the show. And the car, ohh! The Car! The Brrrm Brrrm Sound of those raw engine revs. The fire heat from the burning brakes. The fantastic cinematography.
Ah! I loved it!

Today we are looking forward as a family to go and see the last Star Wars.

And Ajmat youre right Ana De Armas is definitely to watch out for. She will become a top billing actress over the years ahead.
Old 25th December 2019, 10:02   #7506
Senior - BHPian

Watched 6 Underground yesterday. Wished it stayed underground :P

The opening scene was good and some scenes with the skywalker were really good. But at 2hours, it felt too long and drawn out.

2/5 for the cars and explosions
Old 25th December 2019, 10:29   #7507
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Just a polite reminder that we have a strict standard against piracy, so please don't discuss torrents etc.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th December 2019 at 12:45. Reason: Typo corrected. :)
Old 25th December 2019, 13:13   #7508
BHPian

Watched:

Zombieland - Double Tap: Columbus (Jessie Eisenberg), Tallahassee(Woody Harrelson), Wichita (Emma Stone), and Little Rock(Abigail) move to the American heartland as they face off against evolved zombies, fellow survivors, and the growing pains of the snarky makeshift family.

This movie was so mindless and rudimentary. I hate to see academy award winners like Emma and Woody doing these stupid roles. The movie is a colossal waste of time, only god knows why IMDB shows 7.1 stars

Next up is the The Addams Family, will keep you guys posted!
Old 25th December 2019, 14:02   #7509
Distinguished - BHPian

Star Wars : The Rise of Skywalker : 3.5 / 5

Inspite of the neutral views from the critics and hardcore fans, I went to the movie with some levels of expectations, and I was not disappointed. There are a lot of plot holes, and the story line seems kind of repeated similar to episode 6 (Return of the Jedi). But overall it's a well done movie, with some excellent cinematography. Now back to the Mandalorian series for the next episode!

6 Underground : 0.5 / 5

Pathetic.
No storyline, idiotic fight scenes, overacting by Reynolds as well as the others, absolutely no proper reason to watch this movie at all. Give it a miss!
Old 25th December 2019, 19:33   #7510
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

The latest Rise of Skywalker Star Wars is the last one I believe.
Went and enjoyed it today.
Well made film. True to its roots.
I think this is a fitting tribute to a brilliant series.
Well Done.
Old 26th December 2019, 10:11   #7511
Senior - BHPian

Angel Has Fallen:

Watched with low expectations and it did not disappoint. Predictable action movie full of cliches and hand on face moments but still a good 2hr watch
Old 26th December 2019, 15:15   #7512
BHPian

Watched 6 Underground yesterday on Netflix.

Overall 2/5. The actors are good but the whole thing is a fizzle at best. Even for Michael Bay, some scenes are way over the top and unbelievable.

This is supposed to be a franchise but with this response, I doubt whether we will see another installment.
Old 27th December 2019, 08:21   #7513
Distinguished - BHPian

Togo : 4.5 / 5

One of the best movies of 2019 - this is one to be watched on the big screen! Wonderful storyline, brilliant visuals, excellent acting, especially the scenes with the dog(s).

William Dafoe does a stellar job - his loud musings in one of the scene where he's crossing a frozen sea with minimal visibility shows his acting capability in full flow! With a script that has remained mostly true to the original story of 1925 of the serum run to the city of Nome in Alaska, this is a movie not to miss!

1925 Serum run to Nome trail map

Last edited by ninjatalli : 27th December 2019 at 08:22.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 12:51   #7514
BHPian

Knives Out: 4.5/5. Good old-fashioned, 'closed door' Agatha Christie -type whodunit. Keeps you glued till the end. Good dose of humor also.
Old 27th December 2019, 13:45   #7515
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday, boxing day here in the Netherlands. My wife and I took the whole family out for a matinee movie. A bit of a Christmas tradition. We saw the latest Starwars. Both my wife and daughter are huge fans. My two boys and my son in law less so, but it’s fun to do and see.

I actually did enjoy the film. Although some of the plot eludes me. Probably because in the past I was known to fall asleep during certain Star war episodes.

I bought us so called 4XD 3D tickets. Which means you get 3D and your seat moves about, you hear and feel puffs of air around you and somebody keeps poking you in the back.

I did enjoy the movie but this 4XD was a complete waste on all of us.

The 3D has greatly improved, but I am pretty sure I would enjoy any 3D movie on a regular 2D big screen too.

Jeroen

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks