Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:24   #1516
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Oh oh.

No, I actually enjoyed the movie.

I would have, had it been at least 45 minutes shorter. It drags a bit too much. But yeah, a one time watch more so on a HT.
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:30   #1517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008

Anyways, we are going offtopic. Let's stick to the review part of it. Appreciate some good hindi movie suggestions which even I can watch.
Watch one two three or all the best.
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:08   #1518
BHPian

Saw "Patiala House" over the weekend. Was being shown on some channel.
Didn't like the move one bit. No proper storyline. Nothing. Couple of songs are good, rest everything is bad.

Rating: 1/5
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:21   #1519
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Saw "Patiala House" over the weekend. Was being shown on some channel.
You actually watched the whole movie?? Brave man.

I was channel surfing and I caught the scene where all the English players are jumping around with Akshay Kumar in the middle. And then Rishi Kapoor shedding tears. Oh man!! I changed the channel like I have never changed a channel before.

I then went and read the review on thevigilidiot and man..

Check Movie Review: Patiala House | The Vigil Idiot
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:34   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
You actually watched the whole movie?? Brave man.

I was channel surfing and I caught the scene where all the English players are jumping around with Akshay Kumar in the middle. And then Rishi Kapoor shedding tears. Oh man!! I changed the channel like I have never changed a channel before.

I then went and read the review on thevigilidiot and man..

Check Movie Review: Patiala House | The Vigil Idiot
No sir, I wasn't that brave enough (but my son was ).
I saw the movie in bits and pieces but still couldn't stand it one bit.
Old 2nd June 2011, 17:02   #1521
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Athithi Tum Kab Jaoge is a fantastic movie, and will be a good watch if she hasn't seen it.
Actually, saw this one in theatre along with family. As others said it was a decent movie but, i wouldnt go that far and call it fantastic. I felt Paresh Rawal went overboard with his funny bone in this one and didnt induce those many laughs as he intended too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Saw "Patiala House" over the weekend. Was being shown on some channel. Didn't like the move one bit. No proper storyline. Nothing. Couple of songs are good, rest everything is bad.Rating: 1/5
I saw this one too in theatre. I wasted lot of money before i became wise.

Havent seen such a lame movie in years. A 40 year old man (Akshay) making debut in international cricket. Movie makers, tiniest brain also cannot fathom such torture and not to mention total lacklustre performance from everyone else in the movie.

I would like to extend my generous support to the director by rating this movie 0/5
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2011, 21:19   #1522
Senior - BHPian

Anyone seen Ready here?
Old 6th June 2011, 10:04   #1523
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Anyone seen Ready here?
I did.
last night.
if you have something else you havent seen, go for it.
i had a choice, and didnt go for hangover 2.My bad.
Mindless, similar to akshay kumar's spate of idiocy in the recent past.
some parts are good, but the 1% fails to cover the remainder 99%
Old 6th June 2011, 10:18   #1524
MCR
BHPian

Watched "Tanu weds Manu". Quiet hilarious. Madhavan is excellent. The role perfectly suits him.
3/5.
Old 6th June 2011, 10:20   #1525
Senior - BHPian

Watched "Blue Umbrella". One of those classic Vishal Bhardwaj movies when was able to use dark genre to produce excellent cinema! In this movie he uses Ruskin Bond's novel to effortlessly and tastefully portray how our age robs us of our innocence, why children are special! Awesome movie, must watch for everyone!
Old 6th June 2011, 10:30   #1526
Senior - BHPian

Watched Pyar ka Punchnaama yesterday. My rating = 4/5

Really enjoyed the movie, amazing performances by the new comers.

Please be advised that this movie is best watched alone or with male friends only. This is not the kind of movie you watch with wife/girl friend/family.

Watch the uncensored version of the movie to enjoy it fully. I made the mistake of watching the sensored version.

Rohan
Old 7th June 2011, 01:16   #1527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Watched Pyar ka Punchnaama yesterday. My rating = 4/5

Really enjoyed the movie, amazing performances by the new comers.

Please be advised that this movie is best watched alone or with male friends only. This is not the kind of movie you watch with wife/girl friend/family.

Watch the uncensored version of the movie to enjoy it fully. I made the mistake of watching the sensored version.

Rohan
Aaah, you beat me to it. Fully agree with your view. It was hilarious. I watched it with my girlfriend and it was enjoyable too. Ended up agreeing to most of the things in the movie. I am sure with friends, it would be even more fun. Watched the censored version. Not at all bad, can easily make out what was stated.

I would give it a solid 4.5/5. Songs could have been better, gets a little slow towards the end. Acting for most part is commendable from new comers. Better star cast would have made a much more impact.
Old 10th June 2011, 16:11   #1528
Senior - BHPian

Seems another hard hitting one from Prakash Jha !
Old 11th June 2011, 10:14   #1529
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Anyone seen Ready here?
"Ready" Starring Salman Khan, Salman Khan & Salman Khan

Story of a girl coming into Sallu's house acting as if she's the prospective bride and predictably, love happens. The theme to a large extent looks and feels like a mixture of many of his previous family melodramas like Maine Pyar Kiya to Hum Aap Ke kaun Hai including his character name (Prem)

First half uses to set the premise of the story and is mostly funny with over the top dialogues, corny acting and almost caricature characters. Second half is typical Aneez Bazmi movie similar to Welcome and No Entry where silly action and chaos reigns.

Some of the characters were really funny and some were just annoying but, overall a mixture of funny and annoying characters with loud dailogues is starcast of this movie.

This movie is one man show movie just like Dabaang and if your a Sallu fan, this movie cannot go wrong. He does everything that is so much attributed to him. His bracelet, his unique dance moves and his cheesy dialogues. And, not to mention the cheesiest song sequence " Din Ka Chi Ka" that will guarantee Sallu fans going into frenzy. I think this song was shot in Ramoji Film Studio in Hyderabad

I just loved some of the characters namely :-

Mahesh Manjerekar did a repeat of Sunil Shetty from Awara Pagal Dewaane. Very good comic Timing

Paresh Rawal was incredibly funny in his inimitable subtle style.

Sudhesh Laheri did a fine job. He comes on Comedy Circus on TV. He was absolutely hilarious. Jeep Rubicon owner converted to Beemer Cleaner

Akhilendra Mishra and Sharath Saxena did a fine job of wearing over the top clothes and dialogues. Suited their personalities to "T"

Asin was good and similar bubbly character like Ghajini with good chemistry with Salman.

If you leave your brains behind and would like to enjoy a colorful, brainless, full of characters movie with parts funny and parts irritating dailogues not to mention keep your eyes glued to 6-packs of Salman, then this movie is for you. It surely wont disappoint.

I like Salman Khan for the mass entertainment he provides and I was not disappointed. Movie could have been slightly better in terms of situational comedy like 'Welcome" which was way better in that department.

Dont miss if you like Salman Khan. He rocks !!!

P.S: Btw, he rides two different BUSA's in the movie. One Red and another Golden. And, I think one of them is his own.

3.5/5

Last edited by mobike008 : 13th June 2011 at 13:19. Reason: added the characters name
Old 13th June 2011, 12:46   #1530
Senior - BHPian

Watched Shaitan yesterday directed by Bejoy Nambiar. It is produced by Anurag Kashyap so AK touch is there in each and every scene. Good acting by Rajeev, Kalki and other new actors. It is not the typical bollywood movie, so many wont like it. For a change songs are played in background during stunt/chase scenes. Good work by debut director.

I'll give 3.5/5

Last edited by Latheesh : 13th June 2011 at 12:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks