Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2011, 14:11   #1636
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
My prediction is that Ra.One is going to bomb big time. This is almost like AB playing 'macho' roles Ajooba, Toofan etc to resurrect his career and hide his age.
What do you mean, AB trying to hide his age.

Buddha hoga tera baap.

Sorry Eddy, could not resist.

I loved the trailers for this movie. A welcome change from the usual, song dance routines.

My favorite:
Old 20th July 2011, 14:47   #1637
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched " ZMND"

It's an excellent and perhaps the first full fledge road movie in Bollywood.

Though it cannot be compared to DCH which was simply put a classic but, there are bound to be comparisons as their are quite a few similarities.

The main difference being ZMND is more contemprary in overall treatment. This story is nicely put together, there is perhaps only one or two songs which get over pretty fast that in a way is a relief especially for a long movie.

cinematography is its main plus point and it was like you are part of this Spanish adventure. All locales were breathtakingly beautiful and captured most appropriately. Maybe an Indian lensman wouldnt have justified it so completely.

However, friendship, funny jibes and emotional banter between HR, AD and FA seemed forced and i didnt find a lot of chemistry between the three friends like it was in DCH.

Acting wise, Hrithik Roshan looked and acted fabulously. His screen presence is awesome and no less than hollywood'ish

Abhay Deol was Ok, in some scenes his tone was almost gayish.
Otherwise, I like this fella and his acting but, this aint his best.

Farhan Akhtar played a copy of Aamir Khan's character in DCH but, couldnt carry it off too well except for a couple of places which worked really well. Overall, he acted better than Abhay Deol

Katrina was breathtaking to look at and her each longing stare is enough for a man to kill for her. And, I liked how she acts as well. Nothing extraordinary but, much more acting than a normal pretty head could manage.

Kalki is UGLY. Dont want to waste my breathe on her but, her acting seems to be fine

This movie is 2.45 hours long and first half is pretty racy and even to some extent the second half but, at say around 75% of the movie the pace slows down considerably and was little too winding for my liking.

Maybe if this movie was cut short by 20-30minutes, it would have been a riveting watch

Didnt anyone notice? Hrithik doesnt know how to swim but, still manages to paddle like a fish during their scuba diving stint. Same thing for Sky diving. It was my understanding, first time jumpers are attached to the instructors. whereas our 3 heros, jump alone and even do a formation. Little quirky misses but, possible to overlook it completely amidst the other finer aspects.

Overall, it's an awesome movie and makes for a good one time watch. Comparatively, I still watch DCH again and again and not get bored.

3.75/5
Old 20th July 2011, 15:13   #1638
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara

Awesome cinematography amidst all picturesque locations. The gorgeous Spanish countryside looks scintillating. Ditto the beautiful vintage car the trio ride. Hrithik definitely has amazing screen presence, no doubt he's called a Greek God.

Farhan Akhtar's acting is great and his poems and quotes are awesome too. I really liked his acting and his short one-liner comments. Abhay Deol was nice, but not at his best. Kalki has great acting skills, but she didn't share much screen space in the movie.

Katrina truly is a goddess. Looks incredible when she parks the Royal Enfield Classic and walks towards Hrithik. A scene which will keep bothering my dreams for more than just a few nights.

Overall, I loved the movie. No unnecessary masala stuffs, but real acting and the spirit of adventure. The sky diving, bull racing and underwater diving scenes really gets the pulse racing and the music is soothing to the ears too.

Dil Chahta Hai was better, but lets not compare the two movies (even though the approach is quite similar). ZNMD is quite good and definitely worth a watch.

Rating: 4.5/5
Old 20th July 2011, 15:24   #1639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
You mean that you have even a tiny winy interest in seeing RA.ONE ?
If I had my way - I would never go and watch Ra.One but wifey being a SRK loyalist....

Quote:
Comparing this to Don 2 is blasphemy, at least if you consider the initial impressions.
Not comparing it to Don - there is no comparison at all.

Quote:
My prediction is that Ra.One is going to bomb big time.
Tere muuh mein ghee shakar laddoo pede kaju katli gulab jamun ras gulle etc etc
Old 20th July 2011, 16:13   #1640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Saw Murder 2 earlier today, left the theater screaming bloody murder. Good thing that neither Mohit Suri nor the Bhatt's were anywhere closeby. The only thing worth watching was the Yana Gupta opening number and that too was botched up towards the end. Watch it at your own risk or if you are a big time fan of J F.
Exactly my thoughts!!! Left the theatre with disgust. IMO have seen better movies having serial killers like Sangharsh, Dushman etc.

The content of the movie is zero and the violence shown leaves a bad taste.BTW Jacqeuline had a fab role in the movie, almost a non-entity.
Saw on TV that her role was being described as very "sensitive". Guess they actually wanted to state "sensuous".

Ridiculous movie!!! Rated (0.5/5)
Old 20th July 2011, 20:42   #1641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Watched " ZMND"

Didnt anyone notice? Hrithik doesnt know how to swim but, still manages to paddle like a fish during their scuba diving stint. Same thing for Sky diving. It was my understanding, first time jumpers are attached to the instructors. whereas our 3 heros, jump alone and even do a formation. Little quirky misses but, possible to overlook it completely amidst the other finer aspects.

Overall, it's an awesome movie and makes for a good one time watch. Comparatively, I still watch DCH again and again and not get bored.
When we went for scuba diving and under sea walk in mauritius, my fiance also didn't know swimming, but she managed just fine. They advice what to do and what not to during the training session of 1 hour and practice of 1 hour. In the movie too they showed the training session but not too much possibly due to length of movie. Essentially it covers everything, right from the signs to paddling, survival, safety and what not. They didn't show all in the movie. Same goes for sky diving.

In California, we have two option, undergo 3 hour training and jump alone or jump with pro jumpers with just basic understanding of what to expect. When you decide to jump, there is another jumper as extra safety who also shoots video and photos. So what they showed was pretty much spot on. They just didn't cover everything.

I watch DCH too but just like ZNMD, there are portions which are really boring like the opera part and stuff. I literally fast forward that stuff. But both are very good.
Old 21st July 2011, 11:39   #1642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, friendship, funny jibes and emotional banter between HR, AD and FA seemed forced and i didnt find a lot of chemistry between the three friends like it was in DCH.
+ 1 to that

Good movie, I rate it 3/5
Old 21st July 2011, 13:25   #1643
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I watch DCH too but just like ZNMD, there are portions which are really boring like the opera part and stuff. I literally fast forward that stuff. But both are very good.
You got to be kidding me. This part I loved the most. Opera scene and subsequent question by Priety Zinta and Aamir Khan's response. Fabulous acting by AK

What was boring was Dimple Kapadia and Akshay Khanna's romantic angle.
Old 21st July 2011, 15:11   #1644
Senior - BHPian

DCH was an awesome movie, no doubt, but the biggest blooper/fail was at the end.

Deepa suddenly appearing at a picnic spot out of the blue in a nighty kinda thing and Akshay Khanna and her falling in love.

But you know what, she wasn't Deepa, she was a replacement. Check IMDB. I used to argue with everyone that she isn't Deepa, but everyone maintained their stand. Finally things got clarified through IMDB.

Till this time, the end had left me baffled 'coz it made no sense to me.
It looked like a hilarious depiction of love at first sight.

ps: Samantha Tremayne was Deepa all through the movie, while Mandala Tayde played Deepa at the end.
And I don't think they resemble each other.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 21st July 2011 at 15:18.
Old 21st July 2011, 17:55   #1645
Senior - BHPian

Zindagi na milegi dobara

Watched it with the wife yesterday. A decent storyline and as pointed by many, you will end up comparing this to "Dil Chhahta Hai".

The one thing which will cause your jaw to touch the dirty multiplex floor would be the way this film has been shot. Gorgeous ....... Stunning locations with Katrina adding to the overall beauty of the frame. It was almost a "Spain Tourism" advert. Kalki was so-so.

Amongst the boys, Farhaan Akhtar simply outshone the remainder two. He looked great and acted well. Abhay Deol was good too. Hritik however, (over)acted like a wannabe Shahrukh. No doubt the man looks great, but I was disappointed with that fake accent of his.

Some other factors that might make you take a trip to the concession stand .... whilst the movie is still playing:
  • The songs are horrible and should not have been included. Maybe playing in the background kinda stuff would have worked.
  • Too much faaltu angles were brought in, especially in Farhaan's case. I mean, the Hrithik - Farhaan angle was fine enough and they should have spent some more time working on it. That would be the right kinda emotional stuff IMO.
  • Katrina on a motorcycle - No no no no no no no no. The entire scene was predictable and so so HAM.
  • The brilliant actor who plays a cameo was not utilized well, not at all.
  • Predictable ending.
My rating - 3/5
Old 21st July 2011, 20:07   #1646
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
ps: Samantha Tremayne was Deepa all through the movie, while Mandala Tayde played Deepa at the end.
Hey!! it was never meant to be Deepa at the end. It is some other girl.
Old 21st July 2011, 20:28   #1647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You got to be kidding me. This part I loved the most. Opera scene and subsequent question by Priety Zinta and Aamir Khan's response. Fabulous acting by AK

What was boring was Dimple Kapadia and Akshay Khanna's romantic angle.
It's all too slow for me and i don't like opera. The question's answer was always suppose to be her, so it was totally predictable. Emoting is where AK always excels and there is no doubt about that.

I agree with the DK-AK angle. I forgot to mention. Whenever those two came on scene, i would quickly fast forward to next part. The only part which i saw of those two is in the restaurant where they(Amir & Dimple) sing and dance for DK's birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
The lady in the end was never the same Deepa they met in Goa. They were totally different. Mandala was just a special appearance.
Old 22nd July 2011, 08:36   #1648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa
And I don't think they resemble each other
This was not supposed to be Deepa i believe. It was another girl and we watched both these gals side by side by playing the movie on 2 players and compared. We did our own research for this.

I also loved the Opera scene. Anyday i would go with Preity for any show she tells me to. Preity you listening
Old 22nd July 2011, 14:17   #1649
BHPian

Saw the ZNMD last night and for a Thursday night the theatre was totally full. Long time since I have seen something like that. Anyway great movie, I thought Abhay Deol was going to say he was Gay at the end of it all. This is probably his worst as an actor. For the first time I thought Hrithik was decent. But the best was Farhan, by far. And Katrina, but for other reasons, though she was a whole lot better in this movie than a lot of others, barring Rajneeti.

Overall a pretty good movie, but not in the same league as DCH, that was at a whole different level. And yeah the girl in the end of DCH was not supposed to be the same anyway.
Old 23rd July 2011, 12:18   #1650
BHPian

Movie - Delhi Belly

Review - Saw this movie yesterday night. It is pretty difficult to find a show for a movie that has been released 22 days ago. This is one hell of a vulgar movie. Please do not go with any of your relatives - this might be embarassing. I saw the hindi version as I was not sure which version was better. Dubbing was a bit off but it was enjoyable. This is a fast paced movie. Some of the scenes were hilarious - The burkha scene where Vir das tried to drink a glass of water at the jewellery shop. The ending of the movie is quite abrupt but then the whole point of this movie was to be abrupt and weird which it did pull off. Vir das was the performer of the movie. He did not have many dialogues but he did his part pretty well. Kunal Kapoor (I hope I got his name right) was fantastic too. Vijay Raaz was as usual brilliant. I cannot think of any other actor who could do that role.

P.S- I saw this movie at MovieStar in Goregaon. I went there for the first time and for me it is the Gaitey Galaxy of Goregaon. I would not prefer going there with my family as the crowd which came for Delhi belly was pretty vulgar too. There were shouting and screaming during the movie which was a bit irritating. I do not know if this was only for Delhi belly but just wanted to point it out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks