Re: Old Hindi Classics

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18 View Post
Brothers I need your help procuring the following Hindi Classics :
1) Parvarish - Raj Kapoor.
2) Dil Hi Toh Hai - Raj Kapoor.
3) Manchali - Sanjeev Kumar.
4) Tumsa Nahi Dekha - Shammi Kapoor.

Where can I buy these online or a shop in Mumbai.
The one place that is sure to help you out in procuring these is Rhythm House at Kala Ghoda, that is if they do not already have them in their collection. You can register on their web site and check availability / send in your requests. You could also call up and ask to speak with Mr. Amir Curmally, he is the owner and personally looks after procurement requests for out of stock or difficult to find items. He has helped me out on more than one occasion.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2011, 23:15   #1667
BANNED

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Watched 2 movies back to back on Youtube

1) Raat Gayi Baat Gayi - Nice movie, very simple and upto the point.

Rated - 8/10

2) Manorama 6 feet under - Abhay Deol is at his best. This is what you call Movie with a Story line... Very catchy movie. I loved it.

Sometimes it feels really nice to watch LOW BUDGET movies, few of them are really well made.
Attached Thumbnails
The Hindi Movies Thread-manoramasixfeetunder769739769790.jpg  

The Hindi Movies Thread-raatgayibaatgayi.jpg  

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 30th July 2011 at 23:16.
Old 31st July 2011, 00:00   #1668
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Abhay Deol is at his best.

Sometimes it feels really nice to watch LOW BUDGET movies, few of them are really well made.
+1 to the low budget movies. I have seen quite a handful of those in the last 2 years and they just have brilliant comedy which will make you laugh again 7 again.

And Abhay Deol has created a niche for himself with those very limited movies. I love his movies and liked the "Ek Chalis Ki Last Local" most.
Old 31st July 2011, 13:36   #1669
BANNED

Watched AKROSH yesterday night...

Awesome movie, Very Hard hitting subject.

Must commend each and every character, they have given their 100%

Rating : 9/10
Attached Thumbnails
The Hindi Movies Thread-aakroshdesktopwallpapers041.jpg  

Old 31st July 2011, 23:13   #1670
Senior - BHPian

on a side note - I found Delhi belly awesome, like total paisa vasool but sorry - it would've made immense sense in Hindi. You just cannot say "a$$cheeks are stuck since yesterday" with the same meaning as in Hindi - or alot of the rest of the movie for that matter
Old 1st August 2011, 00:23   #1671
Senior - BHPian

Delhi Belly

Sad, sad excuse for a coming of age movie. The abuses are overdone and hence out of place. One good thing is, this movie brought out the double standards in society. How? People found Paresh Rawal's farts in 'Atithi tum kab jaaoge' gross and overdone. Why? Because he played a gaonwaala suffering from badhazmi/julab! "Chee, chee!!!" exclaimed the city yuppies.

But everyone found Nitin Beri's farts fragrant, 'coz he cusses in English, is a sadist(sticks a photograph of a corpse on his wall) and has 'Delhi Belly'. Wow! sounds so much better than the terms attributed to diarrhea in Hindi!! Uber cool!

Note: I am in no way trying to say that Paresh's farts were justified.

I must have laughed just once all throughout the movie, that too at a fart which sounded funny!

Movie makers seem to be repackaging the 'Khosla ka Ghosla' formula with movies like 'Phas gaye re Obama' and 'Delhi Belly', where the story is about someone innocent finding himself in the midst of a crime scene and how he gets himself out of it with a large share of the pie.

If there is anything that changes in Bollywood movies, it's only the treatment.

If you are someone who cusses the whole day and would still be bewildered on seeing characters like yourself on screen and would go, Haw! haw! how did the censors pass this stuff?!! then this movie is definitely for you!

So much for novelty sake!!

Last edited by Jayabusa : 1st August 2011 at 00:50.
Jayabusa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 08:31   #1672
Senior - BHPian

SINGHAM

Went with very very low expectations for the movie. Infact friends forced me to join them. I was interested in watching ZNMD again!

But surprisingly, movie turned out to be good. Especially the second half is great, with lots of funny sequences. Even the first half is not bad with the movie keeping it's fast pace & not leaving you bored at all.

All in all, a great entertainer. A great applause to the performances of Ajay devgn, Prakash Raj & Ashok Saraf. Infact, I would watch this movie again just for these 3 actors, they are truly genuine actors!

Rating: 8.5/10
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2011, 21:34   #1673
Senior - BHPian

Watched Singham

Great Masala movie, good performances, light funny moments & great actions scenes. Overall a paisa vasool movie. Ofcourse park your brains at home to enjoy

3.5/5
Old 7th August 2011, 10:51   #1674
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Zindagi na milegi dobaara

I know I'm late but its been ages I watched a movie in theatre and what an absolutely fine time I had watching this movie. Excellent characterization and full justice done by everybody involved in creating and making this movie happen. Farhan was brilliant and Abhay outstanding. I loved the editing and simple storyline, great captures of the spanish countryside, the blue waters, the blue sky and the cute spanish actress .

Will buy a DVD pronto and will go into my collection for sure

Rating - 4.5/5
Old 7th August 2011, 10:53   #1675
BHPian

Pyaar Ka Panchnama - Unknown cast, unknown director & producer. Still is very charming movie. Simple storyline but be forewarned to watch is in a non-family setting.

Rating 4.5/5
Old 7th August 2011, 12:58   #1676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Watched Singham

Great Masala movie, good performances, light funny moments & great actions scenes. Overall a paisa vasool movie. Ofcourse park your brains at home to enjoy

3.5/5
+1 to that. Watched yesterday and found it tad less inspiring that the original in Tamil. Some of the scenes were funny esp the Ajay Devgan dance of imitating the lion.

I think Prakash Raj is becoming a regular feature in most of the south remakes. He is minting money I must say.

I would rate it about 4/5.
Old 7th August 2011, 18:06   #1677
Senior - BHPian

Singham-
The only reason i saw it was due to the reviews here.
ENjoyed fully.
Over the top action and some funny scenes.
One time watch.

Rating-3.5/5
Old 19th August 2011, 07:39   #1678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
+1 to that. Watched yesterday and found it tad less inspiring that the original in Tamil.
I think Prakash Raj is becoming a regular feature in most of the south remakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Singham- ENjoyed fully.
[/b]
Guys watch the Original Singham, with Suriya in it.. Its just awesome, the Hindi make is good, but the original is way way better, In the actual version, Prakash Rai is so strong that he will give us all week knees. In the Hindi make he seems and feels week, making the confrontation with Ajay and him less competitive.
Old 20th August 2011, 16:02   #1679
Distinguished - BHPian

Call me a sucker. but, guess what I did?

Watched " Not a Love Story" starring Mahi Gill and Deepak Dobriyal and made by "now" the totally wacko RGV

This story is based on the infamous Marie Susiraj Murder case. There is nothing much to say as its been outlined in newspaper quite a lot already and I have seen this on the popular Sony serial "Crime Patrol"

What I must say is :-

Shoddiest camera work that I ever saw in my life.

Worst music score that made Rakhta Charita-1 soundtrack seem like music to ears.

Editing takes the oscars. you can practically see " Part 12" end and Part 13 begin....Gawd! Is this where we are at in our technical prowess at movie making?

Mahie Gill was good in her acting and has some really bold kissing scenes never seen on screen before.

DD looked the part. A crazy lunatic

Overall, a shoddy movie made at a shoe string budget and cannot even qualify for B-grade category. I would slot it in A or even lower.

0.5/5 ( 0.5 for Mahie Gill)
Old 21st August 2011, 14:36   #1680
Senior - BHPian

Shaitan-
One of the best movies i had seen this year. Brilliantly directed and well acted.
This is a story of five substance-abusing friends decide to fake a kidnapping in order to bribe a police constable for covering-up a hit-and-run accident.
Background music and camera work are absolutely top notch.
Must watch.

Rating-4.5/5
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks