Bodyguard-
Enough said by everyone already.
Still, worst movie i had seen in years.

Rating - -5/5
how come you rated it 5/5
Old 5th September 2011, 22:01   #1697
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Bodyguard sounds horrible! Saw the Tamil version and it definitely wasn't that bad, I'd give it like 2/5! Passed as a one time watch.

Wonder what the original Malayali version was like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
how come you rated it 5/5
That's Negative 5 out of 5. Guess you missed the -

Last edited by anekho : 5th September 2011 at 22:03.
Old 8th September 2011, 23:19   #1698
Senior - BHPian

Saw Bodyguard, Now trust me I am a Salman Khan Fan, I even enjoyed Ready but bodyguard is too much torture, story has no sequence, no typical Salman mannerisms either. Just some flying around for no apparent reasons.

1/5
Old 9th September 2011, 01:58   #1699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Saw Bodyguard, Now trust me I am a Salman Khan Fan, I even enjoyed Ready but bodyguard is too much torture, story has no sequence, no typical Salman mannerisms either. Just some flying around for no apparent reasons.

1/5
i agree. waste of time. i loved the song - 'teri meri'. its fantastic. but wish the video was as good as song. The title song is good too.

I was expecting some real good fist to fist action between aditya pancholi and salman and then some more. But the way he got rid of all three was so hogwash and unrealistic, i literally did against wall.

1/5 for song

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Bodyguard finally proves that women can never be friends to each other.
I saw this movie in heart of Salman territory, Hyderabad and will upload some vids shortly.
Waiting for the vids. Do upload asap

Last edited by Technocrat : 9th September 2011 at 02:55.
Old 9th September 2011, 07:46   #1700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Waiting for the vids. Do upload asap
Sure. Here you go. Salman entry song.

There are more videos but I guess one will be sufficient to convey the awesome following Salman has in Hyderbad.

In case you are wondering whats the thing in air then dont scratch your head. Its just paper. This is what remains after Sallu fans have enjoyed themselves to core.

The Hindi Movies Thread-31082011001.jpg

The Hindi Movies Thread-31082011.jpg

Warning: Throwing it is an art. Do not try it yourself. Most probably it will end up in a clump on head of person sitting in front of you.

This is the reason why no matter how silly the movie is, Salman's movies end up doing good business at least in Hyderbad. Guys in Hyderabad are simply nuts over Salman.

Reason I watched it in Hyderabad was to watch it with his hardcore fans. No matter how banal the movie is, you end up enjoying the ambiance. Something which is not there in the fancy Multiplexes. Where people are watching as if they are in class. Strict an silent. Of course the downside is that you won't be able to hear 25% of the movie.

Waiting for next Sallu movie. Will again go to Hyderabad and watch it.

P.S: Teri Meri is an awesome song. Just goes to prove that Himesh is capable of some really soulful songs. Just needs to get the idea of being a hero out of his head.

Last edited by download2live : 9th September 2011 at 07:47.
download2live is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 09:25   #1701
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Reason I watched it in Hyderabad was to watch it with his hardcore fans. No matter how banal the movie is, you end up enjoying the ambiance. Something which is not there in the fancy Multiplexes. Where people are watching as if they are in class. Strict an silent. Of course the downside is that you won't be able to hear 25% of the movie.
Salman has the most craziest fan following in Hyderabad. Sallu bhai is not just followed but revered unconditionally. Btw, he happens to be the second such hero who generated such crazy post Mithun

I remember during my school/college days. Whenever a Mithun movie used to release there used to be a procession on Friday with people dancing on street and carrying a picture of Mithun garlanded to the movie theatre to watch the 11am ( first day, first show). Crazy!

Btw, which single screen in Hyd did you watch this movie?

Watched "The Stoneman Murders" starring Kay Kay Menon and Arbaaz Khan

This is the true story of serial killer who smashed people's head with boulders in Mumbai and Kolkatta in 80's

The feel of the movie is B-gradish and starts off slightly slow but, as movie progresses it surprisingly became engrossed and the killer turns out to be a nice surprise.

KKM was good as usual and Arbaaz Khan has a supporting role which is quite miniscule.

Overall a nice one time watch

3/5
Old 9th September 2011, 09:31   #1702
Senior - BHPian

Last night went for the Urdu movie "Bol"

Its a Pakistani movie made by the director of Khuda Ke Liye and this one is also as hard hitting as the first.

The movie is set in poor Pakistani family wherein the women of the house hold are considered as 2nd class citizen. The movie going above religious sentiments, raises some pertinent questions which are valid across all societies.

A very crisp, tightly edited but slightly long movie.

Rating: 5/5

A Must Watch!
Old 9th September 2011, 15:02   #1703
Senior - BHPian

Saw "Tere Bin Laden" last night. Its a laugh riot. Ali Zafar has acted well and so has the support cast. The guy who played Laden's look alike is effortlessly funny.

The only fellow who spoils the show is the one who played the role of a Pakistani Intelligence Officer. Overacting galore.

A must watch.

Rating - 4/5

Old 10th September 2011, 09:26   #1704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Saw "Tere Bin Laden" last night. Its a laugh riot. Ali Zafar has acted well and so has the support cast. The guy who played Laden's look alike is effortlessly funny.

The only fellow who spoils the show is the one who played the role of a Pakistani Intelligence Officer. Overacting galore.

A must watch.

Rating - 4/5

Saw the movie last night after seeing your post. Thoroughly enjoyed it

Rating - 3/5.
Old 10th September 2011, 09:57   #1705
Team-BHP Support

Mere Borther Ki Dull One

Its a loooong boring movie. There are bits and pieces of humor and some fine acting by Katrina here and there, but overall the movie is a drag. Could, and should, have been at least half an hour shorter.

I think Yash Raj Films have gone from bad to worse, and this one was a perfect example. Of course, bollywood fans like me did not expect a decent storyline but what was expected was some good dialogues, humor and acting. All of it was average and the storyline was very predictable. The only bright spark for me was Ali Zafar. He surpassed my expectations and acted decently, and I quite like the Punjabi accent he has.

Overall: 2 stars

PS: The title is maaro'ed from another review
Old 10th September 2011, 19:21   #1706
Senior - BHPian

Saw Bodyguard today and ran to the nearest Chemist shop to take some sleeping pills or else the picture will come to haunt me in my dreams.

What a pathetic movie, it does not even qualify for a rating. No story, no good songs (What a song Tyao Tyao Tyao..... What was the lyrics writer thinking when he wrote the song), Actions were too boring. Frankly I dont know how the producers are claiming this movie took the the biggest opening in the theatres.

Ratings: -5/5 (Negative rating)
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2011, 00:00   #1707
Senior - BHPian

Mere Borther Ki Dulhan : I'm one of those who went for the movie without reading any reviews. And I really want my money back now. First half atleast was bit funny at few moments but they've totally lost it in the 2nd half. I was waiting eagerly for the movie to get over. Wastage of 220 bucks, should've bought a DVD of some other good movie or a book with that money.
1.5/5
Old 11th September 2011, 02:57   #1708
BHPian

This coming in late , but seriously i HAVE to vent it somewhere. Just done watching 'Ready.'

What a painful bunkum movie this is. How does one possibly laugh when one chokes back vomit? This is the sort of film that justifies traveling back in time to pre-emptively kill Salim Khan. Morally numbing assembly-line-Z-grade Bollywood product.

My head is still spinning.

And for those who liked 'Bodyguard' (yea that one too). Good on ya. I bid thou best of luck on your future movie watching endeavors, and your therapy sessions.
Even Salman on his hospital bed didn't believe the movie was a hit.
Old 13th September 2011, 00:11   #1709
BHPian

do you guys have an enemy? would you want to make someones life miserable? or do you derive sadistic pleasures by torturing yourself? if any of the above are true, you need to sit down and watch chatur singh 2 star!

Boy oh boy! When i heard that they were trying to pull off a pink panther with sanjay dutt as lead, i decided to watch it, even though it had a bad review, but usually slapsticks do have a bad review, so I still went ahead and gave it a go. The movie makes no sense, the jokes are not funny, and Amisha patel's skin show is force fit into the movie probably to get some eyeballs from the masses!

Direction sucked, screenplay? what screenplay?! and sanjay dutts hair dresser and costume designer definitely had smoked something

Rating: -10/5

Last edited by GTO : 3rd October 2011 at 11:20. Reason: Removing two inappropriate words from the review. Please keep in mind our varied audience
Old 13th September 2011, 10:21   #1710
Distinguished - BHPian

@bigblack: Here's yardstick, if youre planning for a hindi comedy.
The funniest of the funny bits of the movie will usually be in the promo.
If the promo leaves you gasping for air(as in laughing), you can try the movie.

I saw the promo for chatur singh, and was glad that bollywood provides employment to such people too(the joke-rs, so to speak, wirtes whatever).
Ill call it CSR on bollywoods part.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks