Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2009, 16:42   #166
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I have already warned them of the looming disaster. I hope that lower expectations at least make it tolerable.
Get prepared on the lines of a CC2C. This time round as well, you'll have Akshay for company.
Old 4th July 2009, 01:20   #167
Team-BHP Support

Okay, here comes the review:

Kambakht Ishq: 1 star for the movie + 1 star for Kareena - 1 star for thinking that Indian audience is a fool = *

The story goes like this:

Yes, there is none.

While the first half is watchable (just about) 'coz of Akshay Kumar and some funny dialogues, the second half is absolute and utter crap on the lines of Tashan & CC2C nonsense.

Kareena looks really hot. Akshay has done better than what he did in CC2C. But the support cast is almost as bad as it could get. Even Jaaved Jaafery was very cliched.

There is only one song that is sort of ok (title song), and co-incidentally thats the only song that Anu Malik has not composed. All his compositions sound like B-grade hindi movie songs. Finally, the director thinks that the Indian audience is a fool and we are still in a age that we have not had any exposure to bollywood stars like Stallone. Someone please tell him that Hollywood movies now come to India so we have the chance to see the stars do some real movies. So a forced guest appearance does not excite us.

Enough said. All in all, totally avoidable.
Old 4th July 2009, 01:28   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Okay, here comes the review:

Kambakht Ishq: 1 star for the movie + 1 star for Kareena - 1 star for thinking that Indian audience is a fool = *

The story goes like this:

Yes, there is none.

While the first half is watchable (just about) 'coz of Akshay Kumar and some funny dialogues, the second half is absolute and utter crap on the lines of Tashan & CC2C nonsense.

Kareena looks really hot. Akshay has done better than what he did in CC2C. But the support cast is almost as bad as it could get. Even Jaaved Jaafery was very cliched.

There is only one song that is sort of ok (title song), and co-incidentally thats the only song that Anu Malik has not composed. All his compositions sound like B-grade hindi movie songs. Finally, the director thinks that the Indian audience is a fool and we are still in a age that we have not had any exposure to bollywood stars like Stallone. Someone please tell him that Hollywood movies now come to India so we have the chance to see the stars do some real movies. So a forced guest appearance does not excite us.

Enough said. All in all, totally avoidable.
I wish you have posted this early. It would have saved my 150 bucks.
Completely agree with this review.
Old 4th July 2009, 01:40   #169
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunaldhami View Post
I wish you have posted this early. It would have saved my 150 bucks.
Sorry, but I couldn't have. It was a 10 PM show and it also took some time for me drive back home, park the car, switch on the laptop and type this review.
Old 4th July 2009, 01:48   #170
Team-BHP Support

We were thinking whether to waste 50X2rs + 30 rupees parking, but now they will be spent on ICE age 3
Old 4th July 2009, 01:59   #171
Senior - BHPian

A bit of personal life : Friend was dragged to Kahambhakth Ishq movie by the word " Ishq ". He is courageous enough to reveal to a girl that he loves her. I am not courageous enough and havent reveled my feeling to a girl whom I like.
He booked tickets while he was on his way from another city. Yesterday, my exam was not conducted because of technical error so was in bad mood today. Watched the second half of Armageddon on TV.

So I am not in good mood since last two months or so plus exam not being conducted. Though that this movie would be atleast a good change.

After one hour with this movie, I wanted to bash up even an ant if I could spot one. I was behaving so abnormally after the movie, I was sort of Tamasha for people.

One word : If you are in good mood, dont go for this movie. It will spoil your mood.
If you are in bad mood, watching this movie can prove to be fatal.

I am not exaggerating, but after a part of Armageddon, this movie is a joke. Dont go for it.
My friend is still repenting the loss of Rs. 500 ( we normally eat a lot during movies, but this time, we ate a lot ).
Old 4th July 2009, 02:05   #172
Team-BHP Support

Yes, AAG. I can see your abnormal behaviour. One of the very few posts from you that does not have numbered points.

1)
2)
3)

Old 4th July 2009, 02:24   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, AAG. I can see your abnormal behaviour. One of the very few posts from you that does not have numbered points.
Nice observation. Actually when the post happens to be too long, I use numbers. Just read your review too. I think somebody should have pointed about about this movie earlier and I should have read that. That could have prevented me from going into this movie.

One thing I have observed about Hindi movies is that one is not literally getting involved into the movie or pulled into movie. I dont know why, but the cohesiveness and fluency is absent in Indian movies mostly. This is no longer entertainment.
Old 4th July 2009, 03:52   #174
Senior - BHPian

Fully agree with all of you for the review as i just came back after seeing it.
Pathetic and outcast boring.
Am not giving my review as EDDY my review is a carbon copy of yours.
AVOID KAMBAKHT ISHQ at any cost
Old 4th July 2009, 07:09   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
One thing I have observed about Hindi movies is that one is not literally getting involved into the movie or pulled into movie. I dont know why, but the cohesiveness and fluency is absent in Indian movies mostly. This is no longer entertainment.
For lovers of meaningful/well made hindi movies there is this good website

PassionForCinema

Many of the bloggers of this site are Bollywood insiders with good cinematic taste.
Old 4th July 2009, 10:29   #176
Senior - BHPian

Kambhakt Ishq

To cut a long story short, I am glad to say that what I had envisioned has come true. Kambhakht Ishq is Tashan - part deux.

This movie is the peak in stupidity. There is the hype of 2 major Hollywood stars - Sly Stallone and Denise Richards - and they both look soooooooooo old. Denise looks downright ugly and manly in the shot where she comes out of the pool.

Kareena is at her screechiest and irritating best in the movie - the only good thing is the dresses she wears - awesome.

Akshay is on his way to becoming the new age Govinda (whose movies were a repeat of his performances in a comic role) - yuck.

The music is pathetic. The only 2 bright spots are Boman Irani and Jaaved Jafrri.

Verdict - 0/5
- ABSOLUTELY AVOIDABLE.
Old 4th July 2009, 10:52   #177
Senior - BHPian

Gautam I thought you were not going to see this movie. Pressure from better half prevailed is it ? I knew this was going to a downer. My brother saw this a day before release and I'm glad my money is saved. I havent seen CC2C either.

The hype around it was enough to predict it was going to be a disaster. The music sucks and the title song is not going to save the movie. What songs. Here is my version :

Kareena to the audience

Bebo Main Bebo
Picture to dekho
Ticket main deti hoon
Nako re Nako, Phukat mein bhi Nako
Old 4th July 2009, 11:44   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Gautam I thought you were not going to see this movie. Pressure from better half prevailed is it ?
There was no other movie in the slot - hangover had started just 15 minutes back - majboori mein dekha.

And yes people were walking out of the movie 30 minutes before the show was over.
Old 4th July 2009, 12:47   #179
Senior - BHPian

lol, thanks Eddy and NC, you guys certainly saved my time and money. Somehow I was pretty sure that this would be like Tashan but wanted to read your reviews

Going for Terminator Salvation today
Old 6th July 2009, 10:34   #180
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday we saw ICE age 3. We reached 30 minutes early, and as we were waiting we decided to go into Screen 2 for a while and catch a bit of Kambakht ishq.
We spent 2 minutes in the hall, where we saw akshay kumar making weird faces and a huge Afro American woman putting her hands up his behind.
That scene was enough to make us run away, and spend the next 15 minutes in the waiting area.
I really pity the guys who paid for that movie.

As for kareena, we got a glimpse of her too. It seems that the director could not sign on govinda, so decided to dress her up like him.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 6th July 2009 at 10:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks