Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2012, 12:03   #1891
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

I saw EMAET. Almost went to sleep. Extremely boring movie, which brings absolutely nothing new to the table. The story was so-so and the acting was the same. None of them have the comic timing required in some scenes of the movie. Boman has been wasted in this movie.

Can give it a miss.
mav2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 13:57   #1892
BHPian

Liked Ek Main Aue Ekk Tu.
Its a move over "Ek Jawaan Ladka aur Ek Jawaan Ladki kabhi dost nahi ho sakte".
Surprisingly non-actors Imran Khan and Kareena Kapoor give more than a decent performance. The script, dialogues are refreshing and music is just top-notch - Amit Trivedi rocks big time.
Rating: 4.5/5
rahul_sinha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 14:57   #1893
BHPian

Watched EMEAT yesterday. Liked it very much, was laughing/smiling through most part of the movie. Dialogues are well written, performance by all the actors is also good. Surprisingly I thoroughly liked both Kareena and Imran although I have never been a fan of either until this movie.

Would rate it 4.5/5. Go watch it!!
Old 14th February 2012, 00:37   #1894
Senior - BHPian

Watched EMAET.

A feel good, coming of the age movie which is good a one time watch. It is simple movie that has all the ingredients of a mushy romantic movie. It succeeds to an extent.

The humor is spot on and will leave you laughing a lot in some places, the acting is good by all. Songs are ok save for a couple of them. Cinematography is neat, Vegas looks good as usual.

The ending may not be liked by all. Some would feel, its half-baked story or chances of a sequel is pretty much there. I somehow liked it and that's what i wanted at the end since its pretty much the trend now a days in real life too. General opinion among my friends and relative circle is, they were not to happy with the end. They wanted the typical 'happy ending' which didn't happen leaving them disappointed.

Kareena kapoor has gained weight and now looks good. Previously she was too skinny for her face. Chemistry between IK and KK is pretty good. Better than KK and Shahid i would say.

I am not sure if the director is debutant or not, but if he is, its a pretty good effort for first timer if it is with neat script and all. It may get a little slower once in a while, but then it catches up in next screen.

Overall a good 4/5.
Old 14th February 2012, 10:31   #1895
BHPian

I saw the trailer of Ek deewana tha(Prateik babbar) and found it to be interesting. A friend of mine told me that it is a remake of a Telugu movie 'Ye maya chesave'. So caught up with ymc over the weekend.

Rating 5/5. Mindblowing !! It is easily one of the best movies i have ever seen. A must watch.

Not sure when the Hindi version is releasing, but guys please do watch it.
Old 14th February 2012, 11:24   #1896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
I saw the trailer of Ek deewana tha(Prateik babbar) and found it to be interesting. A friend of mine told me that it is a remake of a Telugu movie 'Ye maya chesave'. So caught up with ymc over the weekend.

Rating 5/5. Mindblowing !! It is easily one of the best movies i have ever seen. A must watch.

Not sure when the Hindi version is releasing, but guys please do watch it.
I think original is Tamil movie - VINNAITHANDI VARRUVAYA, which was remade in Telugu
Old 14th February 2012, 12:20   #1897
BHPian

Has the movie 'Sahib Biwi aur Gangster' been discussed here before? Class movie! 4.5/5 rating..
Old 14th February 2012, 15:20   #1898
Senior - BHPian

Ek deewana tha trailers look sad, I see no hope for this one in Bollywood.
Old 14th February 2012, 16:00   #1899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I think original is Tamil movie - VINNAITHANDI VARRUVAYA, which was remade in Telugu
They were made simultaneously but the Telugu version released first i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Ek deewana tha trailers look sad, I see no hope for this one in Bollywood.
Both the Telugu and Tamil versions have gone on to become cult movies. You could help yourself with one of them if you can understand the language. Believe me you wont regret one bit.

Last edited by karty_83 : 14th February 2012 at 16:01.
Old 14th February 2012, 16:04   #1900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post

Both the Telugu and Tamil versions have gone on to become cult movies. You could help yourself with one of them if you can understand the language. Believe me you wont regret one bit.
I have seen the tamil version - I still feel that the movie will not do well here.
Old 14th February 2012, 16:16   #1901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have seen the tamil version - I still feel that the movie will not do well here.
Agree, they could have gone for different cast. I watched few scenes and did not like it!
Old 15th February 2012, 13:44   #1902
BHPian

Quote:
+1, why couldn't they come up with a better cast? Is it just me or anybody else finds Pratiek's voice irritating too? I've been listening to that song Hosanna a lot these days; and every time I make sure I fast-fwd the initial few seconds where Prateik says some dialogue
Old 21st February 2012, 22:59   #1903
Senior - BHPian

Watched Ek Main Aur Ek Tu

What a waste of time & Money, absolutely no story, the director had no clue what she wanted from the movie. Decent performances by the cast. The songs were pretty average too considering it was from Amit Trivedi who had given great music before.

Rating - 1/5
Old 22nd February 2012, 00:18   #1904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Watched Ek Main Aur Ek Tu

What a waste of time & Money, absolutely no story, the director had no clue what she wanted from the movie. Decent performances by the cast. The songs were pretty average too considering it was from Amit Trivedi who had given great music before.

Rating - 1/5

Real pain to watch this movie. Real waste of almost everything. Sad inspiration from the movie Jab We Met.

1.5/5
Old 23rd February 2012, 19:02   #1905
Senior - BHPian

Watched dirty picture today.

Rating 4/5

One of Vidya's finest performance till date. As usual Tushaar was useless. Nasserudin, brilliant as usual. The love angle between Emraan-Vidya could have been handled better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks