Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2012, 21:10   #1921
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
PS: Aamir Khan would be worried. Immense pressure on him to better Kahaani with Talaash, which looks like a movie in the same genre. Can't wait !!
Oooh, was I actually right ?

Release date of Aamir Khan's Talaash postponed - Entertainment - DNA
Old 19th March 2012, 10:06   #1922
Senior - BHPian

Kahani: WHAT A MOVIE! Awesome acting by Vidya Balan and hats off to the director for pulling out such a wonderful movie. Cinematography deserves a thumbs up! 5/5 from my side!

Paan Singh Tomar: Pretty good movie. Special thanks to the director for highlighting the plight of national athletes. 3.5/5 from my side. Kudos to Irfan Khan for his brilliant acting.

Udaan: Better to be late than never. Good movie and excellent performance by Ronit Roy. 3.5/5 from my side.
Old 19th March 2012, 13:36   #1923
Senior - BHPian

Wow, never seen so much praise about one single movie i.e. Kahani, in TBHP and that too without any negative review. Me too watched the movie few days back and really liked it. Although I would've loved a slightly different kind of ending but still it's definitely a movie to watch. And the best thing about it is that I was unable to find any major loophole (which is very common in suspense movies) in the plot.
And that hired assassin's character is a real killer.
8.5/10 from my side (would've given 9 but for the ending after the climax I've reduced .5 )..
Next in line would be Paan Singh Tomar, infact I was more interested in watching this one.
Old 21st March 2012, 09:57   #1924
Senior - BHPian

This "Vicky Donor" looks like a wacky comedy. I will watch this one in theater.
Old 21st March 2012, 19:22   #1925
BHPian

Kahani, as everyone already told quite a good one, Vidya is awesome in this, in fact better than "The Dirty Picture". But I personally feel one character Mr Khan could have been better. I don't know the name of the actor but his body language and face wasn't exactly showing what was required in those scenes. Otherwise it's 4.5/5 for me.
Old 21st March 2012, 20:31   #1926
Senior - BHPian

Watched Kahani

The movie is about a pregnant women who comes in search of her missing husband to Kolkata, unfortunately nothing more can be shared without killing the suspense.

The movie is simply brilliant, this is 2nd suspense thriller movie after Manorama Six Feet under which is true to to its genre & keeps you spell bound.

This is probably one of those very rare movies which gives an insight on how the Indian Intelligence Department works. Loved the role of Inspector Khan, people wold probably not like it for its RAW nature but I think its a very true portrayel of a person in such a position. The character of the Contract Killer too was simply brilliant.

The only grouse that I have is that its not an edge of seat thriller but one where the tempo builds up slowly & steadily.

Last edited by Technocrat : 21st March 2012 at 20:33.
Old 22nd March 2012, 12:10   #1927
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humans View Post
Kahani, as everyone already told quite a good one, Vidya is awesome in this, in fact better than "The Dirty Picture". But I personally feel one character Mr Khan could have been better. I don't know the name of the actor but his body language and face wasn't exactly showing what was required in those scenes. Otherwise it's 4.5/5 for me.
I think I have seen this Inspector Khan dude before. Does anyone remember the pickpoctet guy in Munnabhai MBBS? The one who gets caught and beaten up at the railway station and Sunil Dutt takes him to Sanjay Dutt for getting treated. I think that's the guy who played the role of Khan in Kahaani (just guessing, I may very well be wrong).

The movie was brilliant. Hats off to Vidya Balan for carrying it through on her shoulders alone. The contract killer guy was hilarious.

Last edited by Eddy : 22nd March 2012 at 12:40. Reason: Lets not spoil the fun for people who've not seen the movie :)
Old 22nd March 2012, 13:24   #1928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I think I have seen this Inspector Khan dude before. Does anyone remember the pickpoctet guy in Munnabhai MBBS? The one who gets caught and beaten up at the railway station and Sunil Dutt takes him to Sanjay Dutt for getting treated. I think that's the guy who played the role of Khan in Kahaani (just guessing, I may very well be wrong).

The movie was brilliant. Hats off to Vidya Balan for carrying it through on her shoulders alone. The contract killer guy was hilarious.
Its not the same chap. His name is Nawazzudin Siddiqui and his only other releases movie is Kahaani.
Old 22nd March 2012, 13:45   #1929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine View Post
Its not the same chap. His name is Nawazzudin Siddiqui and his only other releases movie is Kahaani.
Actually he is the same guy the pickpocket in Munnabhai MBBS, and he was also there in Peepli Live, local reporter Rakesh.
Old 22nd March 2012, 23:41   #1930
Senior - BHPian

I don't like Bollywood movies, except few in all those years they had been disappointing.

But i am really looking forward to Nawab's (on a budget) new movie, Agent Vinod. With so many hula-hop surrounding.

Also on another note, i heard a rather disturbing news somewhere that RA1 sequel is going to be made. . People are still rehabilitating from the shock of 1st one and its promotions.
Old 24th March 2012, 07:17   #1931
Senior - BHPian

any opinions on Agent Vinod?

Worth or not worth? I hope its not money down the drain. Scheduled for sunday. Can't wait.
Old 24th March 2012, 10:12   #1932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
any opinions on Agent Vinod?

Worth or not worth? I hope its not money down the drain. Scheduled for sunday. Can't wait.
Having seen the movie yesterday, this is my personal opinion on the movie.

Both the lead actor fizzle in the movie due to lack of script and bad direction.
The only good performer is the camel who dies and the rest of the movie is hu*ped by the editor.
All that the movie has to offer is a sight seeing trip from Afghanistan to russia to morocco to lativa to london to south africa and delhi. Completely nonexistent script and generic music.
A very funny incident happened in the theater just before the movie got over, someone from the audience screamed loudly "Travel Agent-Vinod".
Watch it if you have nothing else to do on a Sunday.
Old 25th March 2012, 12:54   #1933
BHPian

Movie "Ferrari Ki Sawari": Comedy of errors.

Just happen to see the Official Trailer of "ferrari ki sawari", where they started out with the photo of 458 italia and shown a 360 in the movie. Don't these guys do any check or whatsoever, even a 10th grader can distinguish between a 458 and 360. I feel this is a gross oversight from the director and the crew

Anyway, here is the trailer of the movie

Old 25th March 2012, 14:27   #1934
BHPian

Re: Movie "Ferrari Ki Sawari": Comedy of errors.

75% of the people who watch this movie wont know the difference between the two! As long as its low slung, RED and has a prancing horse on it, its a ferrari!

OT: My town has a modded miata and san storm with ferrari stickers! You should see the excitement at traffic signals and malls! People touch it and start sharing technical details et al - Most of which is incorrect!

Cheers!
Old 25th March 2012, 16:17   #1935
Team-BHP Support

Re: Movie "Ferrari Ki Sawari": Comedy of errors.

Sirji,

You've just seen the trailer / teaser, not the whole movie. Its safe to assume you're also unfamiliar with the script. The poster is actually meant to be the 458 Italia and the car in the movie is actually meant to be another Ferrari. The entire conversation with the lady from the opening part of the trailer will reveal that but safe to say its not a blooper on this front. No offence but lets see the movie first :-)

As an aside, Ferrari trivia apart, I can assure you with utmost confidence that as a movie, FKS will be super entertaining. I've seen first hand the solid hard work they've put in and this is the same crew that's worked on 3 Idiots. Trust me, they'll present a kick-*** entertainer!!

Cheers.
A.

PS: you might want to soften your stance on the thread topic so people are not needlessly misled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagu View Post
Just happen to see the Official Trailer of "ferrari ki sawari", where they started out with the photo of 458 italia and shown a 360 in the movie. Don't these guys do any check or whatsoever, even a 10th grader can distinguish between a 458 and 360. I feel this is a gross oversight from the director and the crew

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks