Old 7th May 2012, 00:07   #1966
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Is Tezz worth spending 300 bucks?
what a useless movie.

I have not traveled foreign too much. But is it so easy to get into a
country again if you are deported in the first place. especially post 9/11.
Old 7th May 2012, 04:46   #1967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
what a useless movie.

I have not traveled foreign too much. But is it so easy to get into a
country again if you are deported in the first place. especially post 9/11.
Its good i didn't go for it. Watched American Reunion instead.
Old 8th May 2012, 16:08   #1968
BHPian

Watched Vicky Donor and the movie is just amazing. This proves that if you have a good storyline, decent humour and Rock Solid performances (especially Ayushmann & Annu Kapoor), you dont need any other kapurs or khans.

The matter is dealt with so maturely and at the same time in a lighter mood. Hats off to the guys.
Old 9th May 2012, 17:05   #1969
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched " Jannat-2"

What a debacle of a movie. This must be one of the worst movies of Emraan Hasmi. He seemed like sleep walking through the whole movie looking totally disinterested in the proceedings and mouthing some horrible dialogues in bollywood.

Not just his dialogues entire movie had dialogues written by some nincompoop with so much of profanity used just for the heck of it

Randeep Hooda has a fabulous voice but, his intense roles are becoming rather boring these days and his potrayal of an alcoholic was simply pathetic

Esha Gupta is totally expressionless as if she is waiting for a picture to be clicked by Gautam Rajyadakshya. Too tall to be an actress and i am sure she is just a one-film wonder.

Villian was also not convincing at all

Everyone trying hard for a haryanvi dialect and each and everyone failing miserably.

Rest of the cast didnt kindle any fire as the script itself was half-baked and adding to its woes were horrible songs (which is a surprise actually for an EH movie)

Overall, this movie should be thrown into a dustbin without too much complain by the director himself

0/5
Old 13th May 2012, 08:36   #1970
BHPian

Watched ishaqzaade yesterday
It promises a lot till the interval but fails to live up to the expectations. in short, it fails under its own weight. High drama gives way to clichés and the director is unable to lift the storyline. Parineeti Chopra does a good job again and Arjun is decent. Screenplay, music and the background score stand out. Another movie where you feel "what could have been if...".
2.5/5
Old 14th May 2012, 14:39   #1971
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched "Ishaqzaade" yesterday

Movie starts off slow and not usually like a bang in these type of thrillers. I wasnt even interested the first few minutes as it didnt look too interesting. but, picks up the momentum thereafter and moves to a cresendo until the interval which is introduced with a shocker.

However, after the interval the story becomes predictable and sometimes boring too.

Arjun Kapoor is quite nice to look at and acted with ease and he should be a guy to look out for and certainly has one infectious smile.

Parineeta Chopra is unusual bollywood looking girl but, acts with a nonchalance thats seen after a real long time. She is getting stronger as each movie passes and this movie is worth watching for her alone.

Entire support cast are unknown actors and most of them acted over the top and there was just too many guns shown in the movie and didnt look too realistic by any measure

Absolutely loved the song " Pareshaan"

It's a decent time-pass watch and worth the moolah spent

3/5
Old 15th May 2012, 10:57   #1972
Distinguished - BHPian

I just cant beileve Emraan Hasmi and Randeep Hooda getting rave reviews for their so called awesome performance in Jannat-2.

I am totally at loss of words as to how they arrived at that conclusion.

Emraan Hasmi's performance was perhaps the worst in his career and Randeep Hooda definetly acted better than him but, then again RD was sterotyped so no great shakes
Old 15th May 2012, 11:05   #1973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I just cant beileve Emraan Hasmi and Randeep Hooda getting rave reviews for their so called awesome performance in Jannat-2.

I am totally at loss of words as to how they arrived at that conclusion.

Emraan Hasmi's performance was perhaps the worst in his career and Randeep Hooda definetly acted better than him but, then again RD was sterotyped so no great shakes
The press has lost it. Recently they reported that Dangerous Ishq's youtube video has gone viral. I found it was hovering around 30K after more than a month !
Old 15th May 2012, 13:23   #1974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
The press has lost it. Recently they reported that Dangerous Ishq's Youtube video has gone viral. I found it was hovering around 30K after more than a month !
By Viral they meant that whoever saw the video got a viral infection and had to be hospitalized.

Last edited by skartik2 : 15th May 2012 at 13:25.
Old 15th May 2012, 13:32   #1975
Senior - BHPian

Sequels like Jannat-2 and upcoming Tanu weds manu-2 makes me wonder if indeed these are just ways to make black money white.
I mean Jannat or Tanu weds manu were not hits by any standards. Why the sequel then?

And heavens protect those who go to see the part 2 of these series of mindless movies, especially after having the misfortune of seeing the first part.
Old 15th May 2012, 17:39   #1976
Distinguished - BHPian

Absolutely. In this age of mindless cinema, Vicky Donor, Kahaani, Hate Story were like a whiff of fresh air
Old 17th May 2012, 13:14   #1977
Senior - BHPian

Watched the Movie 'Vicky Donor' Last night!

I am not a guy who watches every other movie or in other words I am not a movie buff. This is my fourth post on this thread, my last movie was Gali Gali Chor hai.

There was 'N' number of good reviews about this movie but I was not able to find time to watch it. Listened to the Song 'Pani Da Rang' last month on FM and I was simply blown away, no words, such a fantastic song.

It was last night when finally I was able to watch the movie. It is a very nice movie with typical Delhi-ites flavour. The topic was odd but they dealt with it very maturely, this could have gone vulgar with poor direction/acting. Not even once I was bored and didn't even realized when the movie got over.

Absolutely fantastic acting by Annu Kapoor, Ayushmann Khurranna, Yami Gautam, Dolly and her mother in law. Good thing was that both the new faces (Ayush/Yami) performed very well considering it was there debut. I am happy to see fresh faces doing good acting. No rubbery expressions, no overacting and no tamasha at all.

Songs are very good including pani da rang, mar jaiyan, kho jaane de and one punjabi song(R&W).

I will give 5/5 to this movie and recommend everyone to watch it at least once. If you don't have time to go to Cinema hall then grab a DVD and watch it late night at home, it's absolutely worth every penny.

Last edited by bluevolt : 17th May 2012 at 13:17.
Old 18th May 2012, 01:33   #1978
Senior - BHPian

Just ended up watching vicky donor, one of the best movies, i've ever seen so far .

Everything in the movie goes well, there isn't any moment in the movie, where you get bore or something.

A 'feel-good family film' because there is no visual or verbal vulgarity despite the forthright and forbidden theme.

The cast of movie, is perfect for the movie, ayushman the talented man, amazing acting through out the movie, anu kapoor the old man with amazing skills, the new lady- yami gautam, goes well with her character in the movie.

Vicky Donor comes with a fresh story. Call it a love story on the backdrop of sperm donation or a film about sperm donation with a love story within.

The so called modern BIJI in movie, the most funny character in the movie, and the punjabi mother dolly, supports the movie through out.

With it's endless 'funk' and 'spirit', vicky donor brings out an interesting untold story, when today there are alot movie's without any story line and sense, vicky donor is fresh change, which is a great move, so don't miss this one .

I'll give 5/5 to the movie and not to forget this one has amazing songs too .

Cheers
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 18th May 2012 at 01:35.
Old 20th May 2012, 21:22   #1979
BHPian

Mafia (Stg. Dharmendra)

Mafia (1996) - Full cast and crew

A few days back having returned home early I switched on the TV to watch IPL. That day only one match was scheduled and in that channel (SET Max) the movie called Mafia was playing at that time. The movie turned out to be of "so bad that it's good" variety and I ended up watching it till the end.
Old 21st May 2012, 02:54   #1980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I am not a guy who watches every other movie or in other words I am not a movie buff.
Looks Like I am finally bitten by the movie bug.

Just back home after watching the late night show of 'Ishaqzaade'.

It is a decent one time watch movie with typical filmy action and drama. I am happy with the acting of both Arjun Kapoor and Parineeti Chopra. Good to see newcomers performing well and I guess it's time to say bye bye to Khans & some Kapoors as well (No offense intended).

The political rivalry between the two families reminded me of a 2004 movie 'Hulchul' but that was a comedy film. How I wish Amrish puri had done the role of Surya Chauhan!

The movie shows the cruel side of politics with usual gun culture and no place for emotions especially in UP (again no offense intended).

I am not a kind of guy who likes sad endings and would have been happy to see the movie ending on a happy note.

Anyhow I will recommend this movie to all but don't expect too much from it, it is definitely a one time watch and worth your money.

Bluevolt' rating 3.5/5

Last edited by bluevolt : 21st May 2012 at 02:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks