Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2012, 14:42   #2011
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

watched " Shangai" last week

I am not sure why everyone is going ga-ga over this movie. I found it dark, gloomy and pathetic with a not too unsual storyline.

Emraan Hasmi acted well and his experiment should be appreciated but, he should go back to his kissing ways which suits him best and till half of the movie i couldnt even understand what was going on as dialogues werent clear and not too audible too. Adding some dirty looking characters doesnt earn you the " Gritty Cinema" award

Abhay Deol was ok

However, the guy who acted best was the party worker who gets killed.

Kalki is simply nauseating to be on the big screen and no great acting skills too for movie makers to compromise on her ugly looks

I was squirming in my seat almost till about 30 minutes before ending thats when the story slightly picked up and it was bearable

This movie JUST cannot be seen a second time. Infact, folks who havent seen it the first time havent missed much

1/5
Old 20th June 2012, 18:05   #2012
BHPian

Saw 'Ferrari Ki Sawari' on Saturday and absolutely enjoyed it. I've come to love the Vidhu Vinod Chopra brand of entertainment -- clean unadulterated fun. Hated movies from the recent past that are dishing out cheap drivel in the name of humour.

Rating: 4/5
Old 20th June 2012, 20:49   #2013
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Found the movie 'Ferrari ki Sawari' above average. Wish they would have trimmed the length of the movie a bit. Pace of the movie is a bit slow too.

Anyways, here is how the filmmakers found the Ferrari!
Old 20th June 2012, 23:08   #2014
BHPian

Watched "ferrari ki Sawari". Its an above average movie. A great movie to watch with the extended family. Took my 82 yr old grand ma, 60+ mom and dad and my wife to watch it. the older generation loved the simplicity and the purity of the movie. I found some parts of the movie unnecessarily long. The lead character was just too emotional some of the time. Other than that it was an ok movie. Worth a watch.

3.5/5 from me
Old 22nd June 2012, 13:54   #2015
BHPian

Saw the first day first show of 'Gangs of Wasseypur'. The actual movie is 5 hours long, divided into two movies. The movie based on the coal mafia in Wasseypur and Dhanbad region. The story is about Shahid Khan, a person who loots trains impersonating Sultana Daku. When he finds out, he is excommunicated and he starts working in a coal mine under Ramadhir Singh. Later, due to some reasons, Ramadhir Singh kills him and hence his son, Sardar Khan takes a vow to take the revenge and kill Ramadhir Singh. A good movie, with great dialogues, but don't watch it with family or young ones. I'd give the movie 3.5/5.
Old 23rd June 2012, 09:11   #2016
Senior - BHPian

GANGS OF WASSEYPUR -

Saw this yesterday and it is as expected a full blown Anurag Kashyap movie. It is not for the faint hearted and has some really explicit dialect. I am a huge Anurag Kashyap fan and Manoj Bajpai has himself a Filmfare Award if nothing less. I will not be surprised if this movie gets nominated in foreign shores.

It has an ending To be Continued - with a runtime of almost 3 hours - expect the balance in part 2.

BUT overall a movie to be watched in concentration. It's about politics, coal mines, people in that area etc. BUT what is there in the movie are moments which bring a smile to your face because of the sheer excellence in direction by Anurag Kashyap and he deserves applause for that. Specially the moment where Manoj Bajpai eyes the women in a lustful manner and then flirts with them or vice versa.

I'd give it a 4/5 however strongly recommend you against going even with your better half / girlfriend as it is quite vulgar and in a very cheap way. The families and kids should stay miles away. DO NOT TAKE KIDS.
Old 23rd June 2012, 21:10   #2017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
GANGS OF WASSEYPUR -

I'd give it a 4/5 however strongly recommend you against going even with your better half / girlfriend as it is quite vulgar and in a very cheap way. The families and kids should stay miles away. DO NOT TAKE KIDS.
Agreed that kids shouldn't be taken , and A rating sums up that all.

But I think wives and GF's can appreciate the movie depending on comfort level.
I watched it along with wife today and she seems to enjoy it. There were other couples too in theater.

Overall movie is must watch for any cinema lover,
The background score is best for any Hindi movie ever seen.

Though it belongs to crime, drama genre the movie does fantastic job of making audience laugh and does better job at that than most comedy movies.
Old 24th June 2012, 15:22   #2018
Senior - BHPian

Watched 'Teri Meri Kahaani'

The Movie is good, I was confused between GOW and this one but chose the latter. I am actually bored of watching gangsters/gun shots/vulgar dialogues/murders etc in recent movies (Department for example). I may watch GOW also later next week.

This one is about two lovers who meet each other, loves each other but something happens wrong and love story comes to an end (almost). Both lovers don't remember their past lives but meet each other in subsequent births/lives in different conditions/places.

While the concept is good, I still feel the director could have done something more with it. Climax is not very appealing.

It's a lighthearted love story and good enough for one time watch. Songs are above par.

Good acting by Shahid Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra does well but somehow I feel she overacts as well.

Pretty Neha Sharma and Prachi Desai should have given some more on screen time.

Anyhow you can watch it with Family/Wife/Girlfriend/Friends - with anyone you want unlike GOW.

Rating 3.5/5

Last edited by bluevolt : 24th June 2012 at 15:24.
Old 24th June 2012, 15:55   #2019
Distinguished - BHPian

Ferrari ki Sawari

Pros :
1. Boman Irani - Class acting. If this doesn't get him all the awards for best supporting actor, wonder what will.
2. Fresh acting by Sharman & Ritvik (kid) - Sharman does a bit of over-acting at times, but holds the show

Cons :
1. Very kiddo-oriented storyline. Should be labelled as a children's movie than anything else
2. Logic goes to the dogs. Never knew "borrowing" a star's car would be that easy.
3. Too long. Can be easily edited and made shorter (and better) by an hour!

My rating : 2/5

Gangs of Wasseypur

Pros :
1. Lovely storyline. Be it the background of the coal industry or the family wars across generations, Kashyap keeps you engrossed.
2. Excellent mashup of the songs within the story. Hardly do you wonder when will the songs end or wonder the need of that song in that scene.
3. Non-verbal communication. Eyes & body language. Be it Manoj Bajpai or Raima Sen or even the male dancer when Bajpai goes on a jeep-parade, the emotions are excellently displayed. Observe the expressions of the secondary actors during the various scenes, and you'll understand.
4. Keh ke lunga. This line sums up the theme of the movie. You can't come up with a better line, can you!

Cons :
1. Too many twists & storyline(s) to follow, especially in the first half. A lot of people had question marks on their faces during the interval.
2. Killing people is shown a bit too easy to do. No planning or ideas - nothing to give you that "wow" factor. A little more though process could be given to this. Maybe Kashyap can take a few hints from some of RGV's good movies for the same (Company/Satya/Sarkar/etc)
3. Again a bit too long. But the excellent acting still keeps the movie going.
4. What a lovely ending * wink * wink *

My rating : 4/5
Old 25th June 2012, 10:35   #2020
MCR
BHPian

Ferrari ki Sawari : 2/5
Its a boring movie. No sequence which can amaze you. The storyline is quiet old. It would have been simple if the characters asked for a donation instead of borrowing the Ferrari!
Ferrari should be pleased with the free publicity.

Teri Meri Kahani : 4/5
Shahid Kapoor is very good. Three stories in three different Eras. A very different way of depecting the "janmantar ka saathi". Lolz.
The songs are very catchy. Priyanka Chopra is good too. All in all a funtastic way to spend a boring Sunday!
Old 26th June 2012, 17:18   #2021
Senior - BHPian

About Ferrari ki Sawaari

Quoting from yesterday's Delhi Times - Sachin no longer owns Ferrari

Quote:
You need to ask Vidhu Vinod Chopra this.But we did share the story of the film with Sachin.We also showed him the actual scene in the film where the kids are getting selected for Lords after which Sachin called Jayeshbhai,the man who bought his Ferrari,and requested him to give us the car for the film.When I spoke to Jayeshbhai,he said Master said yes so there is no question about me not loaning the car for the film.But we took great care of the car.Sanjay Dutt,who also owns a Ferrari,trained Sharman to drive it
http://lite.epaper.timesofindia.com/...Hid=25-06-2012
Old 26th June 2012, 17:40   #2022
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
About Ferrari ki Sawaari

Quoting from yesterday's Delhi Times - Sachin no longer owns Ferrari

ePaper Lite - Times of India Publications
Thought this was old news now since even the credit rolls after the movie expresses thanks to Jayeshbhai (the new owner of the Ferrari) for lending the car for the movie.
Old 4th July 2012, 11:17   #2023
Distinguished - BHPian

Got to watch Supermen of Malegaon yesterday - had a blast

Pros:
  • Short, to the point movie. 1 hour duration (And yes, they inserted an interval in that too!)
  • Pure TP movie. There are better words in Hindi to explain the movie (the word I am refering to starts B, ends with I) but unfortunately the mods would ban me after that!
  • Direct from the heart dialogues & acting
  • No glamour or big names. PJ-type jokes throughout
Cons:
  • None. Seriously, none!
  • On a nagging aspect, I'd wish they show the "Superman of Malegaon" movie - would have loved to go through it.
Rating : 5/5

Last edited by ninjatalli : 4th July 2012 at 11:19.
Old 7th July 2012, 19:49   #2024
Senior - BHPian

Watched 'Bol Bacchan' today!

A typical Rohit Shetty film with good dose of humour. Ajay devgan did well with his Rajisthani accent & cranky english. The Climax could have been better. The villain role could have been played by some other good actor, didn't liked the role played by one Jeetu Verma.

Both Prachi Desai/Asin were more or less like supporting cast with not much role to play.

I can't Bol about Gol Bacchan's Husband - He was trying hard to make people laugh! Good attempt.

Nevertheless this movie is a good entertainment package but only a one time watch unlike Golmal 1,2 & 3!

Rating 3/5

Last edited by bluevolt : 7th July 2012 at 20:03.
Old 8th July 2012, 00:26   #2025
BHPian

Rohit Shetty a disgrace to human intelligence. Please do not watch Bolbacchan it is the worst movie i have ever seen and no review just boycott and save your money.God am worried of being banned in this brilliant community so just imagine what i went through after bolbachhan. Period Full Stop.
Rating disgrace to our intelligence. Like my tag line says it all but he is beyond everything.

Last edited by dkhatau : 8th July 2012 at 00:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks