Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2012, 14:14   #2056
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Wasted few hours of my life on 'Rowdi Rathore'. After seeing the name of director (or was it producer?) at the end of the film as 'Prabhu Deva' I felt so stupid not to see it in the start itself so that I could walk away from the movie. Absolutely stupid movie with heavy south influence (what's with the the fetish of heroin's naval and waist shots, extreme gore, ugly closeups of villains and overall huge dose of atyaachaar). I was wondering whether it was a remake/dubbing of some B grade south movie!

No disrespect to South India movie fans, but my prejudiced opinion about south movies is formed only on the basis of the gory over the top dubbed films that are shown repeatedly on TV, and could very well be wrong. However, if you love your time, skip this movie - Rowdi Rathore.
Old 28th August 2012, 14:36   #2057
Senior - BHPian

Saw ETT over the weekend. Its a o.k movie with good locations. I thought most of the action scenes are filmy. Even Jackie Chan wouldn't be able to do it (but then he doesn't wear ropes to do his stunts).

You don't feel like you have watched this movie after a day (which is good).
Old 28th August 2012, 14:37   #2058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Wasted few hours of my life on 'Rowdi Rathore'.
Sorry for your time which was wasted, There's one way to look at such movies Specially when you pay for em. Turn it into a hillarious joke, laugh at the action sequences, laugh at everything you can, then it might feel a bit satisfying. I specially love the shake- repeat scenes & I shout at them once more, keep repeating it!! DAMN!!. Those TRADITIONAL film makers & their TRADITIONAL SEQUENCES.

PS:Just A thought, How much has our Industry evolved since its inception?( Its a no brainer)
&
Why has the film certification (shown at the begining of every other movie)layout/Design/pattern evolved?
Old 4th September 2012, 02:32   #2059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Wasted few hours of my life on 'Rowdi Rathore'. After seeing the name of director (or was it producer?) at the end of the film as 'Prabhu Deva' I felt so stupid not to see it in the start itself so that I could walk away from the movie. Absolutely stupid movie with heavy south influence (what's with the the fetish of heroin's naval and waist shots, extreme gore, ugly closeups of villains and overall huge dose of atyaachaar). I was wondering whether it was a remake/dubbing of some B grade south movie!

No disrespect to South India movie fans, but my prejudiced opinion about south movies is formed only on the basis of the gory over the top dubbed films that are shown repeatedly on TV, and could very well be wrong. However, if you love your time, skip this movie - Rowdi Rathore.
You guessed it right, RR is the remake of a telugu superhit film but RR was not even half as good as the original film! There are many new-gen movies happening in south mainly in Malayalam and Tamil but they never get dubbed or remade to hindi. Its only the mass masala flicks that finds takers in bollywood! Even Akshay Kumar's next film is d remake of a malayalam film Pokiriraja which doesn't even have a one line story but it was biggest hit of the year! No doubt that it'll have the same kind of success in hindi too.
Most of the dubbed films shown in some hindi channels are flop telugu movies. I wonder why these channels are chosing only these flop movies again and again when there are many watchable movies out there!
Old 4th September 2012, 11:17   #2060
Distinguished - BHPian

Last weekend watched " Shirin Farhad Ki to Nikal Padi" starring Boman Irani and Farah Khan

Story of a 45 year old unmaried Parsi Bra and Panty salesman ( Boman Irani) trying to find true love and getting married. He bumps into an unmarried 40 year old Parsi woman (Farah Khan)

It's really a sweet love story but, with unecessary songs erupting now and then.

As usual, Boman Irani was flawless in his execution and even Daisy Irani as his mother was fantastic.

Farah Khan was a disappointment as neither she looks remotely good looking nor in shape (even round would be a nice shape) and her dialogue delivery with her horrible lisp makes it even worse.

A one time decent watch

3/5
Old 11th September 2012, 17:37   #2061
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Guys, how good is Raaz3?

At least the songs are awesome!

Reviews please!
Old 11th September 2012, 23:41   #2062
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
Guys, how good is Raaz3?

At least the songs are awesome!

Reviews please!
Watch it at your own risk!
Old 14th September 2012, 23:57   #2063
Senior - BHPian

Watched Barfi today, Will give it 4.5 stars. Awesome movie, everything about this movie is perfect.

You don't get bored watching this, IMO A must watch for everyone. Ranbeer is awesome, I am sure he might win best actor award this year too.

Priyanka is awesome as well, A MUST watch

Cheers,
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 15th September 2012 at 00:05.
Old 15th September 2012, 13:43   #2064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Watched Barfi today, Will give it 4.5 stars. Awesome movie, everything about this movie is perfect.

You don't get bored watching this, IMO A must watch for everyone. Ranbeer is awesome, I am sure he might win best actor award this year too.

Priyanka is awesome as well, A MUST watch

Cheers,
Sameer
Rightly said Sameer, awesome movie, the nonlinear story line makes it a more interesting watch. Everything just felt in to places so nicely the music, screenplay. Also backed up with wonderful acting by Ranbir, Priyanka and Ileana. 4 stars from my side.

Last edited by ecenandu : 15th September 2012 at 13:44.
Old 15th September 2012, 15:36   #2065
Senior - BHPian

Twitter is abuzz with rumours that MMS has done dubbing for Ranbir in Barfi.

And what about ETT?
Declared superhit?
Strangely I do not see that beyond a week euphoria which Dabangg had. As I had pointed out earlier, Yash Raj brand of Pink Films will not really work with the image Sallu has so painstakingly made with likes of Dabangg and Wanted.
Old 16th September 2012, 23:26   #2066
BHPian

Saw Barfi at the theater today. Stupendous movie, not a single moment of boredom. Ranbir 'Chaplin' Kapoor was awesome throughout the movie, in both comic and serious scenes, with not a single word of dialogue! Ileana, inspite of having the most dialogues conveyed all emotions beautifully through her eyes and Priyanka, through her many tiny actions. All three were great.

Anurag Basu did a great job showing pure and simple emotions without being stupidly simplistic. Pritam redeemed his reputation with the superb and fresh music.

A 4/5 from me. 1 less only for the length and the back-and-forth movement of the storyline.
Old 17th September 2012, 01:05   #2067
BHPian

Barfi : 4/5
One of the finest movies of recent times.
Creativity,acting and honesty par excellence
Old 17th September 2012, 09:12   #2068
Senior - BHPian

Bollywood seems to be on a roll this year with some very good quality movies! Kahani, Vicky Donor, Paan Singh Tomar... and now Barfi! Excellently portrayed by Ranbir and accompanied by the cutesy Jhilmil (Priyanka Chopra). Kudos to Anurag Basu for giving such a light hearted movie. 4/5 from my side.

Saw the trailer for Talaash, and now eagerly awaiting it.
Old 17th September 2012, 12:15   #2069
Distinguished - BHPian

Barfi
If you watch only one Hindi movie this year, or ever, make it this one.
It is beautifully done, and tastefully presented.
Ranbeer kapur is brilliant, and is somehow becoming a lot like Amitabh Bacchan when in comedy mode(anyone else?), and priyanka chopra has shot an apt representation of living with autism(Don't think of it as "overacting". Trust me, its true enough, and i speak from experience.).
You'll come away, overall, laughing.
Although there is a lot of grief in the movie, but it has been subdued well enough to make this entertaining, rather than heavy, like black.
5/5
Old 17th September 2012, 12:59   #2070
Senior - BHPian

Barfi
Beautifully conceived, shot , presented , with compelling performances and a complimenting background score.
BTW , Zilmil's parents Chevrolet Caprice was from a generation ahead than the period it was show in the movie. ('73). Hows this for some random nitpicking about Barfi.

Great one time watch. 4/5.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks