Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2012, 19:56   #2101
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Lot of news doing the rounds about Barfi being a copy of ideas from certain films. This video shows that not only were the ideas taken as inspiration, but copied from end to end.
Was watching 'The Notebook' & the scene in Barfi where the Actress's mother takes her to a farm to show her first love is a 100% copy paste in context, dialogs & visuals
Old 4th October 2012, 00:02   #2102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat

Was watching 'The Notebook' & the scene in Barfi where the Actress's mother takes her to a farm to show her first love is a 100% copy paste in context, dialogs & visuals
Lol, looks like Barfi is a combination of many hollywood films but well as always film maker will say that they just got inspired with that. Most of the hindi movies these days are a copy of something or the other. Till date have seen SRK only whose flicks have original script.
Old 4th October 2012, 02:49   #2103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Perhaps this should clarify everything.
tanqeed.com/forum/barfi-scenes-inspiredcopied-from-the-notebook-charlie-chaplin-and-other-movies/
Old 4th October 2012, 16:08   #2104
BHPian

* Spoilers*

Cocktail was plain boring, I just watched it until he goes after Diana. I felt the movie had just stepped a boundary. This problem has to do with lack of character development. Saif and Deepika are seen as just fun and frolic type of characters until then. There is no connection to them. Switched off after that.
Old 4th October 2012, 17:26   #2105
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow! Nice to see so many positive reviews of OMG

I am scheduled for it tonight. Can't wait to see Paresh Rawal in his new avataar.
Old 5th October 2012, 10:12   #2106
BHPian

Worth a watch? Most of the reviews certainly say so. Here's one from the premiere.
http://tripleslashm.blogspot.in/2012...-vinglish.html
Old 10th October 2012, 09:56   #2107
Senior - BHPian

Delhi Safari

This one looks very promising from the trailers. As far as Animation goes , I feel Delhi Safari is right up there with some of Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks production. As a fan of animated movies, I am looking forward to this one.
It is produced by Pune based Krayon Pictures.

Last edited by sajo : 10th October 2012 at 09:58. Reason: Fixed Link / URL Tags
Old 10th October 2012, 10:11   #2108
BHPian

English Vinglish

Saw over the weekend with family. Was a bit apprehensive about Sridevi owing to her histrionics which I never liked but family members were more than enthusiastic to see the movie so gave in.

Boy, was I surprised. Her acting is very very restrained, just apt - minimal drama, minimal dialoguebaazi and subtle impact. No lip sync on songs and was blended as if to highlight the context. Amit Trivedi take a bow. Mindblowing stuff. Even the character actors were awesome.

Gauri Shinde's direction was supreme.

Rating: 4.5/5
Old 10th October 2012, 11:48   #2109
Senior - BHPian

Watched English Vinglish the other day.

About a housewife from Pune who is ridiculed by her husband and daughter just because she cannot speak English. When she travels to NY for her niece's wedding, she spots a Learn English in 4 weeks class and joins it.

How she finds her confidence and new friends and learns English is all that the movie is about.

Good performances by the cast but I found Sridevi's dialogue delivery a little to nervous for my liking even at the end. The daughter's character is positively horrid and her son is cute.

The songs don't drag the story along, they blend in.

Verdict - 3.5/5. A good one time watch. Better than what has been churned out by Bollywood in the recent past.
Old 10th October 2012, 16:19   #2110
BHPian

Oh My God:

Very interesting and different story line. Loved the treatment, dialogues and acting by all involved. Highly Recommended.

Rating - 4.5/5

Deducted 0.5 for enduring Sonakshi Sinha in a horribly choreogrpahed song.
Old 11th October 2012, 03:14   #2111
Senior - BHPian

Watched English Vinglish

Decent movie, nice light movie with some funny moments in between, overall a family movie.

The theme & direction is more like one of those low budget good films. Also the overall theme looked similar to an earlier Movie Mitra- My friend

My biggest gripe is about portraying background of characters, if they didnt have that Marathi song at the end or the wedding style, one would have never known that this is a Maharashtrian Family. I mean how hard could it have been?

Rating 3/5
Old 12th October 2012, 16:49   #2112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Watched Oh My God over the weekend. Highly recommended It is in and out a Paresh Rawal movie. But special kudos to Mithun Chakraborty and Govind Namdev for giving excellent portrayal of the God men. We were laughing hysterically at the expressions they both delivered. Akshay Kumar was more like a guest appearance character.
+1

Watched this movie yesterday and totally agree with this review. Paresh Rawal was excellent in his role but, who took the piece of cake was Govind Namdeo ( First) and Mithun ( Second) in their respective roles.

I was in split whenever Govind came on screen He is a fabulous actor and first time he was casted in a comedy role and he did justice to it like he does to all his villanous roles

Dont miss this movie guys !!!

P.S: That lady sadhu was HOT and Tisca Chopra in her brief appearance looked the most ravishing till date

4/5
Old 15th October 2012, 10:48   #2113
Distinguished - BHPian

English Vinglish:

I would say that this is a must watch movie. Brilliant acting, humorous and good storyline. Sridevi and the french guy acted really well. A bit of "Mind your language" show incorporated but very well taken.

Rating - 4.5/5
Old 15th October 2012, 13:24   #2114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
+1

Watched this movie yesterday and totally agree with this review. Paresh Rawal was excellent in his role but, who took the piece of cake was Govind Namdeo ( First) and Mithun ( Second) in their respective roles.

I was in split whenever Govind came on screen He is a fabulous actor and first time he was casted in a comedy role and he did justice to it like he does to all his villanous roles

Dont miss this movie guys !!!

P.S: That lady sadhu was HOT and Tisca Chopra in her brief appearance looked the most ravishing till date

4/5
Lady sadhu was Poonam Jhanwar of "Mohra" fame
Old 15th October 2012, 13:25   #2115
BHPian

English Vinglish:

Worth a watch with your family. Took my retired parents and my Grand-mom to see and they enjoyed it very much. Would recommend it to all to do the same. Most likely this is the last week the film will be running on the big screen so this is the last chance you will get to on the silver screen.

3.8/5

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks