Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2013, 10:03   #2281
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Finally caught up with Jab Tak hai Jaan. Also watched Jolly LLB last weekend. At the best, both movies can be just termed as average. Jab tak hai jaan, as by now most people have already watched, so coming to Jolly LLB.

I found that the courtroom scenes were more realistic. Actors esp. Boman Irani & the one who played the Judge were really good. But the arguments in the courtroom could have been more convincing. I found them quite lame. Had the arguments put forward by both parties were more convincing, the rating for the movie would have surely gone up by a few stars. My rating for both the movies- 2/5.
Old 30th March 2013, 01:45   #2282
BHPian

I was unfortunate to see Himmatwala yesterday. I would urge people who are planning to see this movie to give the money you intend to spend on the tickets to a poor beggar or just donate it to charity. Please do not even think of seeing this movie! There is absolutely no story at all and acting by everyone is poor. The length of the movie is 2.5 hours which again makes the movie irritating.
Old 30th March 2013, 10:20   #2283
vdi
BHPian

Thanks Saanil.You saved my day.
Old 30th March 2013, 12:17   #2284
BHPian

You are welcome vdi! I posted my review right after coming back from the movie so that I could deter people from ruining their weekend. Glad to know I saved at least one person. I really pity those people who will be paying 400 bucks to watch this in Cinemax. Yesterday Cinemax Andheri was charging 420 for this! And the worst part is there were no empty seats!
Old 30th March 2013, 12:34   #2285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
I was unfortunate to see Himmatwala yesterday
I read the reviews by critics too, and all sound same. Its a lame excuse of an entertainer.

But what surprises me. Isnt it a remake of the old himmatwala or is it a new story ? If its a remake how can that be so horrible ? Or has Saajid khan added his masalas to make it so nasty ?
Old 30th March 2013, 13:08   #2286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
I was unfortunate to see Himmatwala yesterday.
You are the real Himmatwala, to have gone and watched it in a theatre inspite of early warnings, besides blowing huge money on it!
Old 31st March 2013, 11:08   #2287
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched " Jolly LLB"

The movie reeks of B grade quality and its surprising that Arshad Warsi and Boman Irani are part of such a movie.

AW was boring and iam not a fan of his supposedly acting skills. He has same style and a foolish grin plastered on his face all the time. Add to that now he looks fat, dirty and shapeless. Totally unlike an actor

BI was very good in his role but, such roles are least challenging for him. He was wasted actually

Saurabh Shukla (Judge), is the actual star of the movie and delivered flawlessly and only reason to watch this movie

Amrita Rao should be asked to leave the industry. No looks and no acting skills. God knows why they cast her

Songs, cinematography and everything else reeked of low budget

Story and screenplay leaves a lot for wanting and final nail in the coffin was the movie ending abruptly ( I was like scratching my head..not sure if anyone felt the same)

2/5 ( Only for Saurabh)

Better is to give it a miss and catch it on telly
Old 31st March 2013, 12:58   #2288
Senior - BHPian

Recently watched Table no21, Special 26 and Matru ki bijlee ka mandola.

All three movies are good but Special 26 takes the cake. I will give 4/5 to this movie, 3.5/5 to Matru ki bijlee ka mandola and 2.5/5 to table no 21.

Now time to work, no more movies for some time
Old 31st March 2013, 16:28   #2289
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I do not generally like Hindi films because they somehow tend to copy plots, music scores etc.
The older ones tended to portray South Indians very badly too which I do not like...

However, the new generation films I am seeing are truly much better, some of them are indeed world class...

I particularly enjoyed the following, in these last few years....

1. A Wednesday.
2. Zindagi na Milegi Dobara
3. Talaash which I saw today
4. RockStar

And even Vicky Donor which I saw on some flight...

I think Julie Kagti's films are top class, as are Farhan Akhtar's and Aamir Khan's.
Old 31st March 2013, 18:45   #2290
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the reviews of Himmatwala, I think Sajid Khan took the audience for granted. He was a judge in a dance show on TV recently and he praised a couple saying they are like his films, a box-office hit.

Too much confidence, eh!!
Old 1st April 2013, 01:04   #2291
Senior - BHPian

Just ended up watching jolly llb, nothing good in the movie except for the judge. Court scenes and arguments were far far better in OMG. I was planning to catch it on theater, Thank god i didn't. Overall 2/5 from my side.

Also, off lately caught up with few more movies, Table no.21 4/5, Matru ki bijli ka mandola 2.5/5, Jab tak hai jaan 3/5.

Was planning to go for himmatvala, but am not able to gather enough himmat to go and watch. Sajid, you shouldn't have praised yourself, a bit too much on the show

Last edited by sameerg001 : 1st April 2013 at 01:05.
Old 2nd April 2013, 03:31   #2292
Senior - BHPian

Watched following movies in Last few Weeks

Kai Po Che

I think I am going to swim against the tide her, while the movie was nice there was nothing great about it. Good performances by, but the story lacked any punch.

2.5/5

Mere Dad Ki Maruti

Its a good light hearted teen flick showing a reality which many folks experience in their teens ofcourse in varying degrees Its about how a college boy manages to Misplace a car which is a wedding gift for her Sister & BIL from his Dad. The movie does a good job in avoiding cliched or expected scenarios & keeps you entertained for most part. It also includes a teen love story which runs well with the overall theme.

Saqib is a good actor & has given another good performance after Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge while Rhea does a decent job of looking pretty, not much of acting but not too bad for her first movie.

3.5/5

The Attacks of 26/11

The movie as the name suggests, is based on the Attacks that took place in Mumbai Downtown on 26 November in 2008 which shook everyone. Typical RGV style he buidls up the story well & some of the scenes will send a chill down your spine.
However the focus of the movie is only till the time Kasab is arrested & not much after that i.e. the NSG operation & Oberoi attack has not been covered.

A warning - the Language & blood might not be suitable for everyone.

3/5
Old 13th April 2013, 11:23   #2293
BHPian

Commando:

Watch it for the amazing action scenes. Both the lead actor Vidyut and the villain Jaydeep have solid screen presence.

The story line is quite simple with no unusual plots or any exemplary screenplay though. A couple of item songs ruined the pace, however the slow romantic track is good and the kutch locations look fab!

This is taking hindi action movies several notches higher, i liked it.

Rating - 3/5
Old 13th April 2013, 12:32   #2294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post

Mere Dad Ki Maruti

3.5/5

The Attacks of 26/11

3/5
Agree on both these reviews.

Saw the new Chashme Buddoor. Total waste even by David Dhawan standards.

I slept through the entire second half.

Way OTT and loud acting with pathetic songs .

Verdict-1/5 , absolutely avoidable.
Old 20th April 2013, 13:31   #2295
Distinguished - BHPian

Mere Dad Ki Maruti: Possibly the longest running commercial of Maruti Suzuki till date!

But overall a light hearted movie, can be watched with everyone with one useless song in it. Very tactfully, the Ertiga has been also advertised with all the features (as the sales guy in showroom explains it to the boys) along with price In one scene, its also cleverly shown that how much luggage it can take!

But nevertheless, one time watch for the family which is hard to come-by these days...probably after OMG.

Rated: 3.5/5

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks