Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:30   #2296
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Mere Dad Ki Maruti: Possibly the longest running commercial of Maruti Suzuki till date!

Rated: 3.5/5
Hehe .. why not?
Maruti has payed for more than 50% of the budget of the movie (which then changed from "mere dad ki car" to "... maruti".

Movie is though fun all over!!!
Old 22nd April 2013, 15:31   #2297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Hehe .. why not?
Maruti has payed for more than 50% of the budget of the movie (which then changed from "mere dad ki car" to "... maruti".

Movie is though fun all over!!!
Did'nt know that! Thanks. Can you give the source of info?

Last edited by saket77 : 22nd April 2013 at 15:45.
Old 22nd April 2013, 17:54   #2298
Senior - BHPian

Nautanki Saala - Very poor movie.

Being a fan of Ayushmaan khurrana and Vicky Donor I had high expectations but this was no where close to be even called as average film
Old 22nd April 2013, 18:38   #2299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post

Did'nt know that! Thanks. Can you give the source of info?
Total budget was 10 cr. Maruti has paid approx 6cr + have spent around 2 cr for promotions.

http://articles.economictimes.indiat...-maruti-suzuki
Old 4th May 2013, 09:07   #2300
BHPian

How do you rate the movie Zinda (2006), Sanjay, JOhn and Lara Dutta.

I found the movie interesting, right from start, though it was a remake. i feel sanjay did his best in this movie. John was the least perfromer in this movie acc to me. Though the theme was dark and the situation was fictitious and unrealistic, the portrayal was really nice, especially the way in which Sanju baba tries desperately to figure out his tormentor.

The end was a bit emotional and to make sanjay realize as to what damage he had done.really worth the watch

Last edited by sriramr9 : 4th May 2013 at 09:13.
Old 4th May 2013, 11:18   #2301
Team-BHP Support

Oh yes, I loved the movie. I have heard its copied from a Korean movie though.
Old 4th May 2013, 12:46   #2302
BHPian

Yes, it was a copy of Korean movie 'Oldboy'. I really liked the music of the film too.
Old 4th May 2013, 16:46   #2303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Oh yes, I loved the movie. I have heard its copied from a Korean movie though.
yup - movie named Old Boy
Old 6th May 2013, 10:56   #2304
Senior - BHPian

Saw Shootout At Wadala yesterday.

It's been a long time since a full on paisa vasool entertainer has come. What a movie! Loved every minute of watching it. Brilliantly directed by Sanjay Gupta, every scene is lovingly shot, the camera work is sheer genius & the action is exactly how it's supposed to be in a movie like this - hard and brutal.

The first half is frantically paced, almost 'blink and you will miss some interesting scene' kind of pace and though the movie tends to slow down in the second half it still manages to grip you well enough till the climax.

The entire cast has done a good job BUT John Abraham ROCKS! It's his movie and he gives a knockout punch of a performance, so good is he that he has managed to overshadow a seasoned actor like Anil Kapoor in the movie! Also, veteran actor Shakti Kapoor's son Siddhant Kapoor debuts in this movie and he is off to a impressive start. Hoping to see more of him in the future. Special mention has to be made for the background score, so good is it that it stays with you long after the movie is over.

I highly recommend SAW to everyone who likes action movies. Great work by the Balaji production team.

A very well deserved 4 stars from me.

Last edited by amit : 6th May 2013 at 11:04.
Old 6th May 2013, 21:58   #2305
Senior - BHPian

Recently watched Ashiqui 2 - good emotional musical love story, very good songs. Will rate 3.5/5.
Old 7th May 2013, 14:17   #2306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Saw Shootout At Wadala yesterday.

It's been a long time since a full on paisa vasool entertainer has come. What a movie! Loved every minute of watching it. Brilliantly directed by Sanjay Gupta, every scene is lovingly shot, the camera work is sheer genius & the action is exactly how it's supposed to be in a movie like this - hard and brutal.

The first half is frantically paced, almost 'blink and you will miss some interesting scene' kind of pace and though the movie tends to slow down in the second half it still manages to grip you well enough till the climax.

The entire cast has done a good job BUT John Abraham ROCKS! It's his movie and he gives a knockout punch of a performance, so good is he that he has managed to overshadow a seasoned actor like Anil Kapoor in the movie! Also, veteran actor Shakti Kapoor's son Siddhant Kapoor debuts in this movie and he is off to a impressive start. Hoping to see more of him in the future. Special mention has to be made for the background score, so good is it that it stays with you long after the movie is over.

I highly recommend SAW to everyone who likes action movies. Great work by the Balaji production team.

A very well deserved 4 stars from me.
I am happy to hear John Abraham finally getting some praise. He has been the biggest annoying factor in all of his movies.
I have even heard a lot about SAW. Paisa wasool type with lots of action, dialogue baazi and item numbers (special mention here ).
Old 7th May 2013, 14:38   #2307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
veteran actor Shakti Kapoor's son Siddhant Kapoor debuts in this movie and he is off to a impressive start
Is the "Shooter" Shakti Kapoor's son? If yes, he was quite natural consideringthis was his first picture

Saw "Shootout at Wadala (SAW)" over the weekend

Finally, a true gripping movie from Sanjay Gupta's stable. Otherwise, he was obscured in only style and no substance film making all his career.

This movie has it all gripping story, crisp editing, decent music and background score and very good performances from almost everyone. Dailogues will keep you entertained as its bit different than most movies

However, what will be shocking is the amount of blood that is shed in this movie ( must be a first for a bollywood movie as there wasnt so much gore even in Rakht Charithra) and each of these gory action is captured in slow "bloody" motion. People with weak heart make not like this but, being a hard core mafia movie fan, i was thrilled to bits

John Abraham acted well and suited the Manya Surve character but, it was a straigthforward character. Director should have bought some quirkyness to his character to make it interesting like Manoj Bajpai in Satya. John was boringly bad. Also, he looks downright ugly in close up shots

Sonu Sood and Manoj Bajpai were smouldering best in this movie and found them better than John Abraham. Infact, Manoj Bajpai was superb in this movie ( a thing or two to learn from him for other actors)

Anil Kapoor was good but, found him to be a misfit in that character. They should have chosen someone more gritty for that cop role

I thought the songs would be highlight of the movie considering that's Ekta Kapoor's trademark area but, they were totally lacklustre. Except the presence of Sunny Leone and my favorite Sophiye Haque (she featured after a long time)

Overall, a nice gripping true crime caper with some good detailing as this story unfolds in late 70's and 80's but, found the movie to end abruptly and with the shoot out too easy to be true.

But, for me the greatest crime movie will always be Satya followed by Vaastav

3.5/5
Old 7th May 2013, 14:46   #2308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
. Except the presence of Sunny Leone and my favorite Sophiye Haque (she featured after a long time)

3.5/5
A little OT, i havent seen the movie so apologies but you sure Sophiya Haque was in the movie or did you mean Sophie Chaudhary?
Sophiya was a brilliant brilliant VJ and dancer but she sadly passed away in Jan this year :(

Last edited by sammyboy : 7th May 2013 at 14:49.
Old 7th May 2013, 14:52   #2309
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
A little OT, i havent seen the movie so apologies but you sure Sophiya Haque was in the movie or did you mean Sophie Chaudhary?
My bad. Yes, I meant Sophie Chaudhary who was also there in "Pyar Ke Side Effects"
Old 8th May 2013, 10:28   #2310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Is the "Shooter" Shakti Kapoor's son? If yes, he was quite natural consideringthis was his first picture

Except the presence of Sunny Leone and my favorite Sophiye Haque (she featured after a long time)]
Yes the shooter is Shakti Kapoor's son. I didn't know about this but his voice and dialogue delivery gave the 'secret' away.

Sophie Chaudhary is pretty hot but I felt her make up was messed up in the latter half of the song and that weird hairdo just didn't suit her at all.

Between the item number's, I feel the 'Laila' number was the weakest but there is something about Sunny. She has very good screen presence & she lit up the song on screen really well. Ultimately, the weakest song to hear turns out to be the strongest on screen only due to Sunny's presence.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks