Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2013, 21:19   #2311
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Just came back from watching Bombay Talkies. well what can I say, I was expecting it to be a high quality art house type of movie but unfortunately it did not live up to my expectations.

As you all know the movie comprises of 4 different stories approximately half hour each. The first one was great! but then the other three are just ok.

I would rate it 3/5.

Not a waste of your money but not paisa wasool either.
Old 10th May 2013, 13:59   #2312
BHPian

Saw Go Goa Gone a few hours back. It is he first zombie movie in bollywood. The plot is that 3 friends end up on an island for a rave party where everyone starts turning into zombies. The dialogues are hilarious. Finally an entertaining adult comedy after Delhi Belly though it gets a bit boring and feels little stretched after the interval. Oh and BTW the actress also is hot

My rating: 3/5.

Last edited by prateekm : 10th May 2013 at 14:03.
Old 10th May 2013, 14:22   #2313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Saw Go Goa Gone a few hours back. It is he first zombie movie in bollywood. The plot is that 3 friends end up on an island for a rave party where everyone starts turning into zombies. The dialogues are hilarious. Finally an entertaining adult comedy after Delhi Belly though it gets a bit boring and feels little stretched after the interval. Oh and BTW the actress also is hot
Thanks for the review. Being a horror fan, i have already slotted this movie for the weekend. From the brief trailer that I saw, seemed like a zombie/comedy movie

Looks like finally Kunal Khemu is getting some traction from his relationship with Soha
Old 13th May 2013, 22:24   #2314
Distinguished - BHPian

just caught with I, me aur main!
Well, what should I say...pathetic movie. Its the worst movie I have seen in recent times with no proper concept, direction, nothing at all that you can take away from this movie. Literally it was a torture of almost 2 hrs.
Very very ordinary performances by the actors...moving around like fools.

I wish I could give 0/5, but being over-generous, I would give 0.5/5.
Old 13th May 2013, 23:28   #2315
Senior - BHPian

Watched a Couple fo movies in last few days

Bombay Talkies

There couldnt have been a better insult to the 100 years of Indian Cinema than this one

Absolutely no connection to the 100 years of cinema or cinema. Only Anurag Kashyap's movie made some sense(only some not complete).

10 Kahaniya was much better than this.

1/5

ShootOut At Wadala

Much has been already written so I wont repeat, its paisa vasool movie, may not be suitable for viewing with elders or young kids.

3.5/5

Go Goa Gone

Its funny Zombie movie, the Zombie concept is completely new but if it was not the funny treatment of the movie, it would have been a disaster introducing the Zombie's to Indian audience. Great work by all, nice script & great dialogues.

3.5/5
Old 14th May 2013, 00:49   #2316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
From
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Mere Dad ki Maruti - is a nice hilarious light movie. A simple plot - dad gets a new car to gift the daughter for her marriage and his nalayak son loses the car trying to impress the hot new girl in town. How they get it back is the movie.

Performances are top class - I loved the guy who played Gattu. All other chip in with good performances.

The movie nails it because it gets the essence of the place where it is based, spot on. It's based in Chandigarh and it is spot on with the way youth today in this country walk, talk, dress, act...

The one scene that brings the house down is the performance the would be bride gives during her sangeet - that was AWESOME !

I would say - Go watch it

Verdict - 4/5. A fun , silly movie that doesn't take itself too seriously.
I'm always late watching movies, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching this yesterday. The overall plot may be silly but who cares...this is a comedy. Screen play was terrific...never a dull moment. Comedy and romance woven into the script seamlessly.

What I enjoyed most was the fact that the movie was so un-Bollywood-like both in cast/crew as well as style.
Another masterstroke is setting/shooting in Chd and not Bombay and the overall dialogues/flavor is very Punjabi rather than Mumbai. Its a welcome breath of fresh air. Superb performance esp by Ram Kapoor and also the young newcomers.

The song, "Punjabiyaan di battery" is really cool & catchy and already has been added to my collection. I was instantly reminded of our lively friend Manson when I heard it lol (tagging here)

Last edited by Mpower : 14th May 2013 at 19:14.
Old 15th May 2013, 11:43   #2317
Distinguished - BHPian

Caught up with Aashiqui-2. Decent one time watch and much better than what was my last watch- I, me aur main (about which I have posted recently).
Coming back to Aashiqui 2, was impressed by the skills of the newcomers, good songs which come so rarely these days. I would rate it 3.5/5. I would have given 3 but that 0.5 extra for the new comers and good songs.
Old 16th May 2013, 00:20   #2318
Distinguished - BHPian

Just watched Go goa gone. Hilarious movie. Loved it. The first half is damn good. The second half is good in parts. A little stretched at places but the first part makes up for it.

All in all 3.5/5
Old 16th May 2013, 08:15   #2319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Saw Go Goa Gone a few hours back... Oh and BTW the actress also is hot
But her acting skills are pathetic. Keep noticing her when she is in the background and the actors in the foreground are belting out super-funny dialogues or showing full face fear. She seems to just stand there emotionless.
Old 16th May 2013, 11:04   #2320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
But her acting skills are pathetic. Keep noticing her when she is in the background and the actors in the foreground are belting out super-funny dialogues or showing full face fear. She seems to just stand there emotionless.
Well, being HOT helps in those exact moments
I have still not seen the movie, need to watch it soon. Loved the songs: babaji and khoon choos le!
Old 16th May 2013, 12:02   #2321
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched " Go Goa Gone"

This has to be one of the best low budget comedy movie ever made besides being a first time decent zombie fare. The first part is such a breeze that I marvelled at the tight editing which made the movie fly-by keeping you in splits througout. Second half of the movie is good only in parts as the comedy factor slows down at a fast pace but, every few minutes there is a comic jab that will make you grin if not fold you up.

Kunal Khemu being one of the script writer smartly kept the best lines for himself but, Vir Das ( featured in Delhi Belly too wherein he sings the Chudail song) was no less and his comic timing was also incredible and on second thoughts I liked him more than Kunal Khemu. Their friend was also quite decent and overall the funny trio acted quite good.

Saif Ali Khan was the dud of this movie, his fake accent and machosim didnt flutter any leaves forget hearts

Puja Gupta is indeed good looking and like already mentioned cannot act to save her life but, she has an amazing HOT quotient

Finally, the zombies were quite realistic and make your cringe. Great effort at direction by the s/w guys from AP who veered into movie making.

Background score is an added plus. But, throughout the entire movie there is a feeling of low budget which should have been avoided. Finally, a salute to actual hero of the movie "Dialogues"

I plan to watch this movie one more time as i had a good laugh after a long time.

3.5/5

Last edited by mobike008 : 16th May 2013 at 12:03.
Old 23rd May 2013, 11:26   #2322
Distinguished - BHPian

As always, late in catching up, but watched Nautanki Sala & Chashme Baddoor.

Nautanki Sala: An average movie at the best. Lacked a proper screen play and direction, IMO, however actors were good enough. The dark humor did not work. Rating: 2.5/5. If you missed it, you haven't missed much!

Chashme Baddoor: I was expecting a total dud, but came out better than what I expected. However, the story line went on as expected- on the lines of old chashme buddoor but the new package was refreshing. Had some good punches and small dosages of laughter here & there. I would rate it 3.5/5. An entertaining one time watch.
Old 23rd May 2013, 15:33   #2323
BHPian

Watched the movie "David" last weekend. I heard some good feedback in general. After watching this I was preasantly surprised. Excellent cinematography and screenplay. Technically brilliant.
Later I found the director(Bijoy) is Johnny Gaddaar and Saitan fame. You just got one more added to your fanlist.
These are the brave, new breed of Indian film makers. Bolywood's finest.
Old 28th May 2013, 20:59   #2324
Senior - BHPian

Go Goa Gone.

Go watch it. Enough said. Lots of contrived gags but these guys are damn funny, even Barees! Could've been twenty minutes shorter but theek hai. Full paisa vasool. Saw it on erosnow.com - worth the money!

It is full of Goa stereotypes - in a delhi belly sort of way

4/5 for the gags! 3 if you went hunting for a storyline somewhere!
Old 31st May 2013, 20:29   #2325
Senior - BHPian

Watched ye jawani hai dewani, was expecting it to be a hit. But didn't turned out as per my expectation. The 1st half is good, but the 2nd half is really stretched at few places.

The movie is quite long in itself, apart from some funny dialogue and madhuri's dance in the starting minutes of movie, There was nothing great about the movie.

And yes, the location of trek in movie, is damn cool. All in all, one time watch at best.

2.5/5 from my side ( .5 extra for awesome songs in the movie )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks