Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2009, 10:34   #226
Senior - BHPian

LUCK

Ripped off from a French movie and Hard Target and borrowing heavily from TV shows like Fear Factor - this movie promises to be a thrill a minute action packed one but manages nothing of the sort.

The direction is lax and editing is lazy - there is no thrill in the action scenes bar a couple of fleeting moments. The music sucks and the cast goes through the motions.

Imran Khan is not a action hero and he looks uncomfortable.
Sanjay Dutt plays the goon (yes-yet again) and he sleep walks through the role.
Mithun Chakravarty seems to be enjoying himself repeating his favourite 2 words - Koi Shaq ?
Shruti Haasan makes a insipid debut inspite of the hyped bikini scene.
Ravi Kishan is in Big Boss Mode.
Chitarshi Rawat is still playing the brash hockey player from Chak De, she does better than the others though.
The only shining light is Danny - he simply rocks as Tamang.
And to top that almost every sentence and dialogue exchange has use of the word - LUCK. If someone still watches the movie after my post has come, will you please count the number of times the word LUCK has been repeated.

Verdict - 1/5
. Don't try your luck folks in watching this.
Old 25th July 2009, 12:34   #227
Senior - BHPian

The promos of Luck were downers right from the day they started appearing on TV. I knew this was going to meet the fate of Kidnap. No good music to save the movie either. I am surprised how you went to see the movie Gautam. Total waste I guess.

I'm not going to push my LUCK to watch this one. But Techno might watch it
Old 25th July 2009, 13:06   #228
BHPian

I have not watched the movie as yet and after reading the reviews it is a definite no-no.
Old 25th July 2009, 13:12   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I am surprised how you went to see the movie Gautam. Total waste I guess.
I know but this was the only show available immediately.

Or it could be the Friday itch I guess.

OT - Imax Wadala has now revamped itself. It's not absolutely RED all over - there are RED LED's everywhere - on the walls, inside the cup holders on the seats, in the walkaways, on the doors .....everywhere you see - you see RED.

The good thing is that they now have comfortable sofa seats for the last 3 rows BUT the bad thing is the sofa seats aren't as comfortable as the ones in other cinemas.
Old 25th July 2009, 15:15   #230
Team-BHP Support

Today morning my luck was so bad that I had to watch luck. Thankfully the movie is over.
Anyways its a mix of death race, good bad ugly, unreal tournament, and whatever khichdi director could create out of whatever he could find.
Go watch jaani dushman instead, it will be more entertaining.
After this movie, bollywood has lost all rights of making fun of Rajnikant action
Old 25th July 2009, 17:02   #231
D-Man

Sad- my office is next to the mall and so I came to check this thread after purchasing the tickets for Luck. my show starts in 40 minutes not sure if i should go.

Old 25th July 2009, 20:23   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I know but this was the only show available immediately.

Or it could be the Friday itch I guess.

OT - Imax Wadala has now revamped itself. It's not absolutely RED all over - there are RED LED's everywhere - on the walls, inside the cup holders on the seats, in the walkaways, on the doors .....everywhere you see - you see RED.

The good thing is that they now have comfortable sofa seats for the last 3 rows BUT the bad thing is the sofa seats aren't as comfortable as the ones in other cinemas.
Has Ferrari brought a stake in IMAX ?

On the other hand the new multiplex by HDIL near my house has recliners for all seats. Ticket cost Rs.130/-.
Old 26th July 2009, 10:32   #233
Senior - BHPian

Dippy Yes I will watch Luck but with a remote control in hand
Old 26th July 2009, 11:07   #234
BHPian

so i guess when i get back a trip to the video store is in order to watch the hilarity
Old 26th July 2009, 11:54   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Dippy Yes I will watch Luck but with a remote control in hand
What will happen your remote's luck runs out and you cant change the channel or switch off?
Old 26th July 2009, 12:13   #236
BHPian

Quote:
LUCK
Ripped off from a French movie and Hard Target and borrowing heavily from TV shows like Fear Factor - this movie promises to be a thrill a minute action packed one but manages nothing of the sort.
Having watched 13 Tzameti (the French movie) recently I was thinking of watching Luck at least for the sake of comparison. But from the reviews I have come to know that the movie is a poorly made mix and match of 13 Tzameti and many other movies. I won't touch Luck with a bargepole now.
Old 26th July 2009, 13:13   #237
Senior - BHPian

The most cheesiest part in the climax of LUCK is Ravi Kishan shooting with a machine gun at Imran Khan - he is shown firing in the air when Imran is running at him directly - It's hilarious maan.

And they went on air on all news channels hyping the action scenes ! duh !?
Old 26th July 2009, 19:51   #238
BHPian

In the previews Luck looked decent; honestly i just wanted to see it for shurti hassan's debut . Wanted to see if she was worth her salt
Old 30th July 2009, 17:31   #239
BHPian

Quote:

Watched this movie yesterday. Directed by Imtiaz Ali (who later directed Jab We Met) - the movie has a cliched story. But it has been handled beautifully by the director. Abhay Deol and Ayesha Takia make their debuts and they do a good job too.

A run of the mill story but is light, breezy and fun to watch. Music is good too (more in sync with the mood of the scene when the songs are played).

Verdict - 4/5. Do not miss.
Thanks a lot NC for this movie which had escaped my radar when it was released. This was a rare one liked by both myself and my wife.
Old 31st July 2009, 02:04   #240
Senior - BHPian

love aaj kal anyone?

any review of Love Aaj Kal?

i am planning to go and watch it some 150 miles away from my place. so need to make sure the money is well spent

reviews appreciated before i take the plunge

Most Viewed