Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2013, 14:21   #2431
Oxy
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhatau View Post
So lobbying makes a movie oscar worthy and not the content. Well said so all the good movies without lobbying power should not be selected for oscars.
I never said that, read my post again.

My point is simply that The Lunchbox had too many factors going for it to get itself into the final nominations than any other Indian movie this year.
Old 1st October 2013, 09:09   #2432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I never said that, read my post again.

My point is simply that The Lunchbox had too many factors going for it to get itself into the final nominations than any other Indian movie this year.
So have you seen all the movies produced this year to say that?

The Lunchbox is good but nothing special. Theres no chance it can win an oscar.

And there have been lot of movies from obscure countries and obscure directors/actors who make the final cut. So dont trivialise the selection process. Karan Johar is just crying over spillled milk here.
Old 1st October 2013, 11:34   #2433
BHPian

Saw Warning - LINK over the weekend and must say upon entering an almost empty theater, I was resigned to playing games on my mobile. But boy-o-boy I was in for a shock.
The movie starts pretty lame, the actors are fine and do a their job. Fiji looks amazing.

But once all are in water the director takes over and kept me to the edge of the seat, very intense, (a little, just a little melodramatic) I almost felt the stress of being stuck like the character's were, I was feeling that helpless as the actors on screen. I liked it, being based on true events, I know I am not venturing into the ocean.

Brave effort on part of the makers of the movie and good acting by most of the cast.
Old 1st October 2013, 14:18   #2434
BHPian

FFI sends letter to lunchbox director for an unconditional apology.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/e.../23333512.cms?
Old 1st October 2013, 14:27   #2435
Senior - BHPian

Its really bad for the makers for Lunchbox to talk bad about another movie. They are behaving as if they are god gifted and have a right over Oscars too. Hope they learn a hard lesson.

Lunchbox is a good movie. I see atleast one very good lesser known English/foreign language movie on TV every week. All of them dont win Oscars. Would love to see The Road at the earliest.
Old 1st October 2013, 15:18   #2436
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhatau View Post
FFI sends letter to lunchbox director for an unconditional apology.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/e.../23333512.cms?
I too saw it and was about to post this link here. I don't know what all the fuss is about. Lunchbox was just an average off-beat movie, nothing spectacular. Thinking that every off-beat movie should go to the Oscar race is simply stupid.
On the contrary, I think Bhaag Milkha Bhaag was much better made and Farhan Akhtar was much better than all the actors put together in 'The Lunchbox'; but that certainly is my opinion.
Old 1st October 2013, 15:52   #2437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post

The Lunchbox is good but nothing special. Theres no chance it can win an oscar.
Completely agree.
Probably the good movie hype has gone into the nerves of the producers. FFI has done a right thing.
Its more about not having any good movies at this time of the year, which makes Lunchbox more compelling. Else all Hrishikesh Mukherjee movies should go for Oscars!
Old 1st October 2013, 20:11   #2438
Senior - BHPian

The Lunchbox is still in theaters. The producers/director may just be using this "opportunity" very cleverly to create a controversy and get more people interested in the movie.
Old 2nd October 2013, 00:33   #2439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
The Lunchbox is still in theaters. The producers/director may just be using this "opportunity" very cleverly to create a controversy and get more people interested in the movie.
I agree, saw the movie online and found it boring to be honest. Might be my tastes are different.
Old 2nd October 2013, 15:14   #2440
Senior - BHPian

Besharam- I was all prepared to watch a no-logic masala entertainer but still came out disappointed. First half was simply boring with not even a glimpse of story. Second half was slightly better. Performances was ok but that couldn't save a film with a plot as thin as a tissue paper!
My Rating- 4/10.
Old 2nd October 2013, 15:46   #2441
BHPian

Besharam - avoid it.
Trust me you will not miss out on anything.
Was surprised why this movie was made and why someone like Ranbir Kapoor (who usually has good scripted movies) chose to do this.

Looks like they wanted the Kapoor family in a movie and hence made this.

You'd rather watch something as good as lunchbox instead.
Old 3rd October 2013, 13:44   #2442
Distinguished - BHPian

Had the misfortune to see " BESHARAM" last evening.

Before my short review begins a strong warning. Don't even dream of stepping into a theatre to watch this movie. Forget movie theatre, its not worth watching it on TV. A better time pass would be watching the wall for 2.5 hours OR re-runs of Kabhi Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.

Story is of Babli ( Ranbir) who is a mechanic and part time car thief and rambles around in colorful and gross clothing and uses even more gross language and antics which is not even suitable for a teenager with zero upbringing qualities

He gets entagles with Javed Jaferi ( Villain of this movie) who moves around Chandigarh in a GL Series Merc with roof top open and one of his lackey holding an Rocket Launcher in downtown city. How tacky can a movie get?

A song erupts now and then for no reason and every song is pure torture to your ear drums. Noisy, Meaningless and Hasty.

Ranbir Kapoor hammed his way through the movie. Horrible dress sense, tacky body manners. His acting insults even the sense and sensibility of a moronic mind.

Heroine looks like a cross between Diya Mirza and Priyanka Chopra and was just average both in looks and acting department

Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Singh as the husband wife cop duo were competing with Ranbir in who will win in the worst acting department. Both were loud, silly and came across unbeilevable for their age. This should be a movie they need to forget really fast.

Besharam created a record of opening in maximum theatres ever in movie history. Well, that seems to be the mantra to get investors money back and fooling people with attractive ad campaigns is only way to lure people to theatres.

This movie seemed like an advertisment for Merc B Class and Showing the Delhi roads ( which seems to be the in-thing these days)

FINAL WARNING : Cancel if you have already bought the tickets.

0/5 ( It gives me pleasure to rate this movie zero and not negative as i beileve in being generous)
Old 3rd October 2013, 17:29   #2443
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Had the misfortune to see " BESHARAM" last evening.

Before my short review begins a strong warning. Don't even dream of stepping into a theatre to watch this movie. Forget movie theatre, its not worth watching it on TV. A better time pass would be watching the wall for 2.5 hours OR re-runs of Kabhi Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.

0/5 ( It gives me pleasure to rate this movie zero and not negative as i beileve in being generous)
Your idea of being generous is funny, considering that nothing can be a bigger torture than an Ekta Kapoor soap saga.
Old 3rd October 2013, 20:55   #2444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
And we got fed up hearing about all these nakhra's of the Lunchbox team and decided to give it a skip on the theaters. Will watch it later when it comes on TV. If you ask me, Barfi was another pathetic nomination for Oscars and probably Lunchbox would've been the same (may not be,I dunno yet, but I don't have any high hopes). There are very very few Bollywood movie worthy of going to Oscars, regional movies have much better movies than Bollywood. Just my opinion though.
Old 3rd October 2013, 22:32   #2445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
And we got fed up hearing about all these nakhra's of the Lunchbox team and decided to give it a skip on the theaters. Will watch it later when it comes on TV. If you ask me, Barfi was another pathetic nomination for Oscars and probably Lunchbox would've been the same (may not be,I dunno yet, but I don't have any high hopes). There are very very few Bollywood movie worthy of going to Oscars, regional movies have much better movies than Bollywood. Just my opinion though.
I read about The Good Road and it is produced by NFDC. Now, I dont know how many would concur but some of the best movies ever made in these shores were NFDC creations. Movies like Suraj ka saatvan godha, Ek Doctor ki Maut, Jaane bhi do yaaro etc and the likes.

There was a time when the Academy award didnt really matter here in India. But these days, esp for multiplex films (like Lunchbox is) it is good marketing tool to attract junta to the theaters. Probably thats why the makers are making so much of noise about nothing. Otherwise why should a foreign award matter so much?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks