Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2013, 21:49   #2461
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Watched Besharam. It is definitely much better than Phata poster Nikla hero.

Besharam - the highlight of the movie is the competition between father and son trying to outdo each other in showing their back sides.

As for Grand Masti making 100 crores - there is a huge market in the interiors of India that thrive on such movies. So...but still 100 crores ? Says a lot about the kind of movies we like to watch.
Old 15th October 2013, 22:47   #2462
BHPian

Watched "Ankur Arora Murder Case". Not a bad movie at all. Infact, found it very realistic and better than many of the recent blockbusters. KK Menon and Tisca Chopra stand out as performers.

My rating 3.5/5.
Old 23rd October 2013, 11:06   #2463
BHPian

Watched Shahid by Hansal Mehta. Brilliant movie, Rajkumar Yadav rocks. Very gritty and shocking movie based on true incidents. After a long time have seen a real quality movie and the sad part was there were only ten people with us watching and films like grand masti cross 100 crores. It shows the sensibilities of our people who want crass vulgar comedies. Anyways just watch it, just superb movie.
Old 5th November 2013, 15:13   #2464
BHPian

I had the misfortune of being forced to see the Krrish 3 movie over the Deepavali weekend in Mysore, I completely switched off post interval and was praying for the movie to get over soon, the leg room was pretty bad for a tall-ish person in the new DRC mall and it was pretty terrrible. My son and nieces ( 9-12) felt the film was a just about ok and not worth the hype. Anyway, read in the papers today that it crossed 100 Crs!!!. My son had zillions of questions on viruses , genes, mutations etc etc ( which I think is the only positive thing)
Old 5th November 2013, 21:38   #2465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Watched "Ankur Arora Murder Case". Not a bad movie at all. Infact, found it very realistic and better than many of the recent blockbusters. KK Menon and Tisca Chopra stand out as performers.

My rating 3.5/5.
I saw it after I read this comment, to be honest I never heard the name before. Truly a good watch and the same rating from my side too. Not recommended for people who want entertainment from this movie. It is kind of a serious movie dealing with negligence from the doctors. Awesome acting by all the actors !!!
Old 5th November 2013, 23:05   #2466
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately, watched krish 3 yesterday night. Nothing good about the movie, except the special effects. This is only for kids, Wait for it to come on dvd and TV and then DON'T WATCH IT !!
Old 9th November 2013, 11:11   #2467
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
As for Grand Masti making 100 crores - there is a huge market in the interiors of India that thrive on such movies. So...but still 100 crores ? Says a lot about the kind of movies we like to watch.
That movie was a laugh riot! I don't remember the last time a Hindi flick made me laugh so hard that my stomach hurt. My brother was ROLF too. However, the girls couldn't figure out what we found so funny

Any reviews on Satya 2?
Old 9th November 2013, 12:00   #2468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That movie was a laugh riot! I don't remember the last time a Hindi flick made me laugh so hard that my stomach hurt. My brother was ROLF too. However, the girls couldn't figure out what we found so funny

Any reviews on Satya 2?
Same here! After a long time I had such a ROFLMAO laugh. Although I saw the movie on DVD but it was a great time. The movie slowed abit in the second-half though.
Old 17th November 2013, 16:28   #2469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any reviews on Satya 2?
Didn't have the strength to make myself go and watch Satya-2

But seems like you have developed a liking for Bollywood
Old 17th November 2013, 19:04   #2470
BHPian

Saw Ram Leela getting positive reviews, did any one saw it? Give your reviews please!
Old 17th November 2013, 19:15   #2471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
Saw Ram Leela getting positive reviews, did any one saw it? Give your reviews please!
It's basically got the same story as Ishaqzaade. Not really Romeo and Juliet-esque, more like Romeo + Juliet + dishum-dishum. Some people may find the violence overbearing.

The visuals are breathtaking, and that's the best thing I can say about the movie. The so-called chemistry between the leads seems to have been reserved for the trailers only, it somehow went missing in the movie.

I get the feeling that Mr. Bansali somehow pulled strings to get the positive reviews. I mean, consistent four-to-five star reviews from ALL major publications / websites? Something fishy here.

I would rate it 2.5/5
Old 18th November 2013, 18:32   #2472
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Allow me to save you from 3 hours of torture

If you see a Ramleela ticket counter, RUN in the opposite direction. The rubbish movie makes it to my top 10 list of worst flicks ever. Poor story, Ranveer horribly overacts (who made him an actor anyway??) and there's a song every 10 minutes in the first half! It's an insult to the audience's intelligence that such movies even make it to theaters. The only good performance is by "Baa" (Supriya Pathak).

Sure, there's the usual dose of colours & flash on the screen by Bhansali. But the movie moves along so stupid that I spent over 50% of the time on my smartphone. Only reason I didn't walk out = Mum.

Rating : 1 / 5.

Quote:
Family
Old 18th November 2013, 18:46   #2473
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I too oberved that

Quote:
Allow me to save you from 3 hours of torture
This is precisely the reason that I stayed away from watching this movie and let family enjoy it at their own peril. Besides this point, SLB is notorious to throw a bunch of colors in audience eyes and make you feel he has made an artistic movie while the reality is a long boring yarn

Iam wondering did he twist arm of publications to get a 5* rating?
Old 18th November 2013, 19:35   #2474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Iam wondering did he twist arm of publications to get a 5* rating?
Easy, he bought full page ads in the papers, 1/4 page of the movie poster, the rest 3/4 the various theaters that are screening the movie. Win-win for all

Last edited by benbsb29 : 19th November 2013 at 01:24. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 18th November 2013, 20:11   #2475
Senior - BHPian

not a movie thread, but i went to thew14 for the ramleela review and instead found this gritty gem:
http://thew14.com/2013/11/01/that-da...nurag-kashyap/

Visceral must watch

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks