Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2013, 14:09   #2506
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

One line review, courtesy of my friend who was watching it with us.
"Why doesnt abhishek bacchan die, so that there's no Dhoom 4?"

I am severely dissappointed with Aamir Khan. This is not upto any of his usual standards.
Old 23rd December 2013, 14:34   #2507
BHPian

I don't like Hindi Movies or "desi movies" shot completely abroad and having that "hollywood" look. They put in lot of foreign extras and actors and eventually, the movie looks like a hollywood movie with only the Indian stars speaking Hindi. Moreoever, most of the stunts etc. look similar to hollywood movies.
The worst problem is that the sound effects simply does not match the visual effects. The dialogs are too long (unlike in hollywood movies) and background scores do not gel well with the action on screen.
This simply defeats the movie experience in a theater.
Old 23rd December 2013, 14:35   #2508
Senior - BHPian

There was Dhoom 2 yesterday on TV and the Chopra guy is a better actor than Bacchhan.
Not sure how long the rozgar yojna will continue
Old 24th December 2013, 13:01   #2509
Senior - BHPian

I had the misfortune of watching Dhoom 3 last evening and what a DUD of a movie it turned out to.I was coaxed by my cousins in to watching this and i regret every minute spent in the movie hall.

I dont want to write anything about this movie.Please avoid this movie at ALL COSTS.

-5/5.

Waseem.
Old 24th December 2013, 13:33   #2510
Distinguished - BHPian

Just look at this list at wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bollywo...red_Crore_Club

Does Rs. 100 crore club holds any relevance today when films like Krish 3, Dhoom-3, Chennai Exp, Grand Masti, Race-2, Son of Sardar, Ramlela etc all have achieved this so called 'feat'?

If you go through the link, you will see many movies not worth even watching in that list and yet they have went on to earn 100 Cr. in a span of 4-5 days after their release.
Old 24th December 2013, 14:15   #2511
BHPian

Lol. The Vigil Idiot review of Dhoom 3 is out.

I haven't watched a Hindi movie at the cinema even since "3 Idiots", but my wife and I were thinking of watching Dhoom 3.
Now, thanks to this guy, and all the responses I've heard all over the internet, I guess I can happily avoid Dhoom 3.

Looks like its a total disaster. Shame, Amir Khan had to star in this one.
Few days back my wife was watching that disgusting series - Koffee with Karan, where Amir and his wife were the guests.
He went on to mention that he liked the script of Dhoom 3
Old 24th December 2013, 14:21   #2512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post

Does Rs. 100 crore club holds any relevance today when films like Krish 3, Dhoom-3, Chennai Exp, Grand Masti, Race-2, Son of Sardar, Ramlela etc all have achieved this so called 'feat'?

If you go through the link, you will see many movies not worth even watching in that list and yet they have went on to earn 100 Cr. in a span of 4-5 days after their release.
Our mentality is that we judge movies as blockbusters by how much money it makes, not by ''HOW MUCH SENSE IT MAKES''.

Waseem.
Old 24th December 2013, 15:41   #2513
Senior - BHPian

Do they really collect those sums at the box office ? Or , like everything else, this is just a very lucrative medium of converting huge amounts of black money into white ?
Old 24th December 2013, 17:36   #2514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
120/- in my case.

Guess that is why I enjoyed it even more.
I spent 100 & so I am ok with it.

seriously, I find most people commenting like intellectuals. It is a silly bollywood entertainer, keep your thinking/analysing brains at home and watch it. Even the initial part made me feel, ohh what crap, the circus part, the story twist later etc kept me engaged. Of course, I am not saying that you should go & watch it again, but I dont see a reason to be soo vocal against it by reading reviews!
Old 24th December 2013, 19:14   #2515
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
If you go through the link, you will see many movies not worth even watching in that list and yet they have went on to earn 100 Cr. in a span of 4-5 days
The below tweet from Shekhar Kapur pretty much sums up our audience's fascination for brainless movies!

Name:  s.png
Views: 1080
Size:  85.8 KB
Old 24th December 2013, 19:17   #2516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post

seriously, I find most people commenting like intellectuals. It is a silly bollywood entertainer, keep your thinking/analysing brains at home and watch it. Even the initial part made me feel, ohh what crap, the circus part, the story twist later etc kept me engaged. Of course, I am not saying that you should go & watch it again, but I dont see a reason to be soo vocal against it by reading reviews!
I agree with you in toto.

I also think that everyone should post his comment here, without thinking that LOG PATAA NAHIN KYA KAHENGE.

To each his own.
Old 24th December 2013, 23:34   #2517
Senior - BHPian

Watched Dhoom 3 today. From the review knew what to expect. The idea is from Christopher Nolan The Prestige (just like Ghajini idea is from Memento).

Whats usual about Dhoom 3 is though it is a bank robbery movie the focus is on chase after the robbery. There are 3 bank robberies in the movie and not a moment is spent on breaking the vault but all the time is spent on escape sequence.
Old 25th December 2013, 11:06   #2518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post

seriously, I find most people commenting like intellectuals. ...
Hello,

I came upon a review of Dhoom 3 that mirrors my sentiments to a large extent.

http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/w...r-1302325.html
Old 26th December 2013, 12:47   #2519
BHPian

Was the Movie Dhoom or Ghoom Iam still confused as I was lost throughout.

Anyways a short review on the best vehicle of the movie - Bajaj Auto Rickshaw 3X3.

Power : Excellent Pick up and high BHP may be higher than the BMW's in the film as our beloved auto rickshaw pulled of a wheelie with 3 wheels.

Build Quality : Extraordinary , the vehicle was banged against the walls and it came out with flying colors (in literal sense) .

Paint Quality : Top Notch in spite of all the stunts there was not even a single scratch.

Suspension : Wow truly amazing the suspension held throughout be it the streets or the roof tops.

Overall Humara Bajaj rocks.
Old 26th December 2013, 13:28   #2520
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Was the Movie Dhoom or Ghoom Iam still confused as I was lost throughout.

Anyways a short review on the best vehicle of the movie - Bajaj Auto Rickshaw 3X3.

Power : Excellent Pick up and high BHP may be higher than the BMW's in the film as our beloved auto rickshaw pulled of a wheelie with 3 wheels.

Build Quality : Extraordinary , the vehicle was banged against the walls and it came out with flying colors (in literal sense) .

Paint Quality : Top Notch in spite of all the stunts there was not even a single scratch.

Suspension : Wow truly amazing the suspension held throughout be it the streets or the roof tops.

Overall Humara Bajaj rocks.
You have given us a reason to watch and celebrate Dhoom-3...apart from one that Mr. Chopra announced retirement from movies (thankfully).

Most Viewed